Every dollar of Deshaun Watson’s new 5-year, $230 million to Cleveland Browns deal is guaranteed, setting record for highest money given to NFL player

You’re obviously confusing Watson with the second coming of Joe Montana. Watson is a franchise QB, I’ll give you that, but he’s not a top 5 nfl qb. The browns aren’t sniffing the Super Bowl with their team. And now that they gave up 3 picks it’s going to get hard to get better
Yeah Im not sure where people are getting that he's a top 5 guy.

Rodgers, Brady, Maholmes, Allen, Wilson, for sure are ahead of him. Then there's Burrow, Jackson, Herbert (early I know) that are in the debate with him. Probably a few more. It's not even the draft picks is the cap hit that's going to kill them.

Ya, I know. It has better work out. Just don't know what to say beyond that.
Haslam had his dirty crooked racist fingers in this.....At 52-108 he better have made the right choice

Cleveland destroys every quarterbacks after 50 sacks a yr...lol

Mayfield will win a SB before the Cleveland Clowns....Ask Odell......lol.......Obviously his knee had problems already on a non contact ACL tear

You’re obviously confusing Watson with the second coming of Joe Montana. Watson is a franchise QB, I’ll give you that, but he’s not a top 5 nfl qb.

Yea, I guess leading the entire league in passing yardage on a garbage team doesn't mean much.

And, he can run, too. Only Mahomes and Allen can be the dual threat that he is. (Jackson can't throw)

Yea, I guess leading the entire league in passing yardage on a garbage team doesn't mean much.

And, he can run, too. Only Mahomes and Allen can be the dual threat that he is. (Jackson can't throw)
He had the best receiver in the nfl, and another great receiver in Will Fuller. The Texans were a playoff team for a couple years. As far as him leading the league in passing yards, it’s a nice accomplishment, but it’s not the end all be all. Cleveland is also going to lose Jarvis Landry in free agency, so who’s Watson going to throw the ball to? Cleveland is a good team, could be a playoff team, but you said they’re probably the Super Bowl winner, which I don’t know how you can say that. Buffalo, K.C., Denver, the chargers are all better, and probably the bengals are too. Maybe even the Raiders now that they traded for Adams.

I have grown used to Cleveland being a popular Fantasy Football team that looks good on paper and fails to deliver on the field.

I will believe it when I see it

Yeah Im not sure where people are getting that he's a top 5 guy.

Rodgers, Brady, Maholmes, Allen, Wilson, for sure are ahead of him. Then there's Burrow, Jackson, Herbert (early I know) that are in the debate with him. Probably a few more. It's not even the draft picks is the cap hit that's going to kill them.
I don't get Allen?

Rodgers by far is the best passing QB the NFl has seen to date.

Watson if he ever gets his act together will never ever win a super bowl with the Browns ( and this is coming from a huge clemson fan)

I don't get Allen?

Rodgers by far is the best passing QB the NFl has seen to date.

Watson if he ever gets his act together will never ever win a super bowl with the Browns ( and this is coming from a huge clemson fan)
You don’t get Allen what?

Ive never really bought into the Rodgers hype personally. He’s good but if he were as good as his hype he’d have more PO wins. He’s played in a very week division his whole career. Basically an auto PO berth typically with a high seed and he’s barely over .500.

I never said that.
My mistake. Watson is better than baker, but considering the off the field baggage I wouldn’t have made trade.

You did say Watson can get Cleveland to the super bowl, which he can, but it’s definitely not likely. He also hasn’t played football in a long time and who knows how he’ll play now that he’s public enemy number one.

You don’t get Allen what?

Ive never really bought into the Rodgers hype personally. He’s good but if he were as good as his hype he’d have more PO wins. He’s played in a very week division his whole career. Basically an auto PO berth typically with a high seed and he’s barely over .500.
I have been watching him for years ( a bears fan) Rodgers got better with age, Tom Brady is good with ball accuracy but Rodgers blows him away with his arm strength and his accuracy

And I thought Brett Favre was good

I have been watching him for years ( a bears fan) Rodgers got better with age, Tom Brady is good with ball accuracy but Rodgers blows him away with his arm strength and his accuracy

And I thought Brett Favre was good
Regular season sure. Just not when it mattered most. He hasnt been bad per se he’s just never been great.

You did say Watson can get Cleveland to the super bowl, which he can, but it’s definitely not likely.
I don't know why not:

Orlovsky isn’t the only one to have Watson ranked at the top, Pro Football Focus wrote about Watson’s 2020 season and why he was the best quarterback that year:

Absolutely nothing went the Texans’ way last year, and Watson still routinely played at an elite level. Former Houston head coach and general manager Bill O’Brien traded his team’s best receiver, yet Watson played better than ever before. O’Brien was fired midseason, but it didn’t phase the quarterback. He played with a terrible defense, a terrible running game and no star receivers and put up the 19th-best regular-season passing grade of the PFF era (91.2). He’s one of 29 quarterbacks to finish a regular season with a 90.0-plus passing grade.
In Cleveland, much of that will change. The offensive line is elite. The run game is elite. Cooper has been added to give Watson at least one top-level receiver. The defense has a great foundation with Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, John Johnson III, Greg Newsome II and Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, among many others. Kevin Stefanski was the coach of the year in 2020 and had the team close to the playoffs despite a number of problems in 2021.

I don't know why not:

Orlovsky isn’t the only one to have Watson ranked at the top, Pro Football Focus wrote about Watson’s 2020 season and why he was the best quarterback that year:

In Cleveland, much of that will change. The offensive line is elite. The run game is elite. Cooper has been added to give Watson at least one top-level receiver. The defense has a great foundation with Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, John Johnson III, Greg Newsome II and Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, among many others. Kevin Stefanski was the coach of the year in 2020 and had the team close to the playoffs despite a number of problems in 2021.

Orlavsky is high. It was one year where he was at the top. No other year was he even in the top 10.
In 2019 1. Winston 2. Prescott 3. Goff. That was your top 3 for passing yds. (which is what Watson lead in 2020 in). Is Winston a top 5 QB? In 2018 it was Big Ben. Was BB a top 5 QB in 2018? Watson's good but he's not better than Rodgers, Brady, Maholmes, Wilson or Allen. And he hasnt played in a year which may extend into next year. Bottom line the Browns overpaid. In draft picks and salary to lure a player who didn't want to play on their team but couldn't pass up the money. I feel for Browns fans but I think their franchise fucked up yet again.

I have grown used to Cleveland being a popular Fantasy Football team that looks good on paper and fails to deliver on the field.

Remember, the Browns were improving and, on the upswing, when they moved to Baltimore. The newly name Ravens won one of their Super Bowls early from the departure from Cleveland.

Remember, the Browns were improving and, on the upswing, when they moved to Baltimore. The newly name Ravens won one of their Super Bowls early from the departure from Cleveland.

I grew up when Paul Brown was coaching them and they had a guy named Jim Brown
They used to be a dominant franchise

Cleveland ……You’ll be sorry
Once the NFL decides you are not the guy, you are not the guy. Poor Baker Mayfield. I have a great idea I think would change the NFL. If I were the Lions, I'd take Baker cheap and have him and Goff share the QB position. No other team does this. Have 2 sharp/good/talented QB's you can sub in and out depending on the down or position on the field. Maybe even have them both out there at the same time. One to the left one to the right and you don't know who the center is going to snap the ball to.

So many good teams get screwed when their number one goes down. None of the number 2's are ready to play. This wouldn't happen if teams did this.

#playthebackupmore

Sounds like the Cowboys. I don't know much about Fantasy Football but I imagine they are a great fantasy football team if looking good on paper but failing on the field is part of it.

Forum List

Back