Ever look at your opinions in the mirror?

HereAmIAmMe

Apr 3, 2013
Have you ever taken a moment to look at your own opinions and wondered, "Where did that come from? Why do I believe that?"

There is a quote floating around here on someone's signature that reads:

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things" - Rene Descartes

Sometimes having your beliefs questioned is the only way to find out if and why you actually believe them.

Where better to have your beliefs questioned than here right?

(Of course the whole thing only works if you can suppress your knee-jerk reactions to some of the things you'll hear)

Have you ever taken a moment to look at your own opinions and wondered, "Where did that come from? Why do I believe that?"

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things" - Rene Descartes

Sometimes having your beliefs questioned is the only way to find out if and why you actually believe them.

(Of course the whole thing only works if you can suppress your knee-jerk reactions to some of the things you'll hear)
Damn, both my knees are twitching.......... :eusa_whistle:
Welcome.

My opinion

Heck, I can't look at my own ugly mug in the mirror

But welcome anywho.

Welcome to USMB, HAIAM. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Don't pay too much attention to Descartes. He was a little on the lugubrious side. :D

yeah

Life happens and you learn things, so your way of thinking change.

I went from dem, to rep, to conservative b/c I learned the way things work and mostly don't work

Hello0o0o00o and welcome.
My opinions would not change if I saw them in the mirror or not.....

Forum List

Back