Ever have one of those days...

D

Dis

...where you just feel like you lost your best friend, and everything in the world is just wrong? :(

What a suckass day.

That's all.

I have noted that how I feel at any given moment has damned little to do with how things are really going.

Of course truly bad things happening, or good, will change my mood.

But when there is no good new or bad, my mood still changes dramtically from day to day.

I am of the opinion that people have a happiness level generally, toward which they naturally gravitate regardless of what is going on in their lives.

well, I've actually had a cloud over my head and following me for days on end, not just one of them! So the answer is yes.

you need a cloud buster! lol

...where you just feel like you lost your best friend, and everything in the world is just wrong? :(

What a suckass day.

That's all.

Not only have I felt that way...I have had that really happen before. One made me feel like you do now. The other was devastating to me and took time to get over.

whoever said it earlier...sunshine...rub some sunshine all over yourself. No sunshine? Move to SoCal. I did. :eusa_angel:

What a suckass day.

That's all.

The best way to get over that feeling is to do something nice for someone else. I recommend sending a huge donation to someone that resembles a duck-billed Platypus wearing a hat. Just make the check payable to 'CASH'.

The best way to get over that feeling is to do something nice for someone else. I recommend sending a huge donation to someone that resembles a duck-billed Platypus wearing a hat. Just make the check payable to 'CASH'.

Just maybe what's bothering you is what we call "Cabin Fever" in Indiana. Staying inside too much to avoid the extreme weather and stuff going on outside can cause S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) Syndrome, aka "winter blues".

Dress for it and go outside and do something; anything that will get the blood flowing, shovel snow, or just go for a walk, even go for 15 minutes in a tanning booth, if that's convenient.

If your living arrangements are amenable, it's nice to have a dog for a pet, but dogs do need to be taken outside for a walk a couple of times a day. Cats can dodge that issue since they'll use a kitty litter box, where a dog won't. Both love to be petted, which is a good for our moods, more for people than for their pets.

If your living arrangements are amenable, it's nice to have a dog for a pet, but dogs do need to be taken outside for a walk a couple of times a day. Cats can dodge that issue since they'll use a kitty litter box, where a dog won't. Both love to be petted, which is a good for our moods, more for people than for their pets.

Yeah dis, take Skittles for a walk outside in the snow! That will cheer you up!

Yeah dis, take Skittles for a walk outside in the snow! That will cheer you up!

LOL! Well hopefully for dis, the weather in WI is like here in IL, finally warm! It's a balmy 30F here, well actually that is at O'Hare, we're 23 here, but still balmy!

Just came in from taking the baby for a 2.5 mile walk. Who would ever think a 6" high mini-dauschand could walk so fast? Good workout though.

Yes. I've had a few of those kinds of days. I just drop down a hole and pull the hole closed over me.

Last edited:

What a suckass day.

That's all.

Hey girl , sorry to here it.

You got that spunk in you though, I know you will able to kick its ass.

Hope there is a day real soon coming that makes it all seem to make sense.

Hang tuff and shatter that wall.

What a suckass day.

That's all.

I hope everything works out for you and you start to feel better soon.

What a suckass day.

That's all.

Are you kidding? Most people have "one of those days" I have "one of those lives". If I didn't have a sense of humor, I would have committed suicide long ago.

I have noted that how I feel at any given moment has damned little to do with how things are really going.

Of course truly bad things happening, or good, will change my mood.

But when there is no good new or bad, my mood still changes dramtically from day to day.

I am of the opinion that people have a happiness level generally, toward which they naturally gravitate regardless of what is going on in their lives.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

He was right. If you're having a bad day, put on some happy music, close your drapes, and dance to it. You'd be surprised how quickly your mood will change.

Forum List

Back