Even babies can identify a prick

&

☭proletarian☭

Researchers in York's Centre for Infancy Studies examined six-and nine-month-old babies' reactions to a game in which an experimenter was either unable or unwilling to share a toy. Babies detected and calmly accepted when an experimenter was unable to share for reasons beyond her control, but averted their gazes and became agitated when it was clear she simply wouldn't share.
"Babies can tell if you're teasing or being manipulative, and they let you know it," says study lead author Heidi Marsh, a PhD student who worked under the direction of psychology professor Maria Legerstee, head of the Centre for Infancy Studies in York's Faculty of Health.

Six month old babies can understand our intentions

angry_baby.jpg

Look, asshole, just give me the rattle....

☭proletarian☭;2009741 said:
Researchers in York's Centre for Infancy Studies examined six-and nine-month-old babies' reactions to a game in which an experimenter was either unable or unwilling to share a toy. Babies detected and calmly accepted when an experimenter was unable to share for reasons beyond her control, but averted their gazes and became agitated when it was clear she simply wouldn't share.
"Babies can tell if you're teasing or being manipulative, and they let you know it," says study lead author Heidi Marsh, a PhD student who worked under the direction of psychology professor Maria Legerstee, head of the Centre for Infancy Studies in York's Faculty of Health.

Six month old babies can understand our intentions

angry_baby.jpg

Look, asshole, just give me the rattle....

Not surprising. Babies are at a similar level intellectually to dogs and cats, in that they operate on instinct, and they read body language. Any mother can tell you that her baby can tell the difference between people who like babies and are comfortable with them and those who don't and aren't.

I do believe this. Everything has an effect when you are in those formative infant years. I shall give you an example. My mother breast fed me. One day while she was breast feeding me a neighbor lady came over to talk with my mother. My mother was sitting at the kitchen table and as she breast fed me the two ladies talked. The neighbor lady got up to get a glass of water out of the kitchen sink and after drawing a glass full turned to sit down and continue talking to my mother. Well, the neighbor lady with the glass of water tripped on a throw rug in my mother's kitchen and lost her balance and in the works dumped the whole glass of water on me as I breast fed. As I said, everything in life has an effect - especially in those young formative years. As it turns out it effected me in an odd sort of way. To this day, it is very difficult for me to take a shower and not want to suck on a tit!

I do believe this. Everything has an effect when you are in those formative infant years. I shall give you an example. My mother breast fed me. One day while she was breast feeding me a neighbor lady came over to talk with my mother. My mother was sitting at the kitchen table and as she breast fed me the two ladies talked. The neighbor lady got up to get a glass of water out of the kitchen sink and after drawing a glass full turned to sit down and continue talking to my mother. Well, the neighbor lady with the glass of water tripped on a throw rug in my mother's kitchen and lost her balance and in the works dumped the whole glass of water on me as I breast fed. As I said, everything in life has an effect - especially in those young formative years. As it turns out it effected me in an odd sort of way. To this day, it is very difficult for me to take a shower and not want to suck on a tit!
The same one? :eek:

Forum List

Back