Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

Wow, this is a revelation. Had no idea.

----- said nobody, anywhere ever.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.
Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.
What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
Always quite humorous when atheist liberals like you try to lecture Christian people about their faith and how they should practice it. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
These people are not Christians, even though they advertise themselves as such. They are an abomination.

We can now see how Trump was able to deceive and seduce Christians planted in shallow soil.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

The Democrats have a lot of explaining to do.
Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Klan is comprised of conservatives, same as it ever was.

Apparently you never heard of the Southern Strategy.

Hillary is not a conservative

She's a centrist. But since you never bothered to do any research, you don't know that.

OMG, Hillary is far left wing like Obama

Wow, this is a revelation. Had no idea.

----- said nobody, anywhere ever.

Actually, about 1/3 of the country has no idea.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

The Democrats have a lot of explaining to do.
Klan
Nation of Islam
La Raza
Black Panthers
Brown Berets
BLM
Muslim Brotherhood
Aztlán Nationalist

View attachment 206717

The Klan is comprised of conservatives, same as it ever was.

Apparently you never heard of the Southern Strategy.

Hillary is not a conservative

She's a centrist. But since you never bothered to do any research, you don't know that.

OMG, Hillary is far left wing like Obama

Who was also a centrist.

Funnily enough, it is Obama and his church that will be turned away from heaven for their racism.

Just like most Democrats with their unrelenting and ever escalating racism against white people.
It sounds like they're going to need to build a few new wings on Hell if racists are going there.

Always quite humorous when atheist liberals like you try to lecture Christian people about their faith and how they should practice it. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
These people are not Christians, even though they advertise themselves as such. They are an abomination.
Funny how those who reject the Christian God feel comfortable defining what a Christian is. Silly hypocrites!

Yes. Let us know how it feels.

Judge not, lest you be judged, for by whatever judgement you judge others, YOU SHALL be judged. -- your Saviour
A woman married FOUR TIMES would not sign the state-issued marriage certificate of a couple of homos.

You know...because homos will wreck the institution. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

How do you think judgment will go for her?

kim_davis_restraining_order_turbulent_past_history_relationships_o_Pt.jpg

Judgment Days

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

Are you judging the validity of their faith?

it's a good, balanced article. From it

The only way to understand how a Christian like him could support a man who boasted about grabbing women’s crotches, Terry said, was to understand how he felt about the person Trump was still constantly bringing up in his speeches and who loomed large in Terry’s thoughts: Hillary Clinton, whom Terry saw as “sinister” and “evil” and “I’d say, of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Terry said, sitting in Crum’s office one day. “She has contempt for people like me, and Clay, and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”

As he saw it, there was the issue of Trump’s character, and there was the issue of Terry’s own extinction, and the choice was clear.

“He’s going to stick to me,” Terry said.

So many members of First Baptist saw it that way.​

it's a good, balanced article. From it

The only way to understand how a Christian like him could support a man who boasted about grabbing women’s crotches, Terry said, was to understand how he felt about the person Trump was still constantly bringing up in his speeches and who loomed large in Terry’s thoughts: Hillary Clinton, whom Terry saw as “sinister” and “evil” and “I’d say, of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Terry said, sitting in Crum’s office one day. “She has contempt for people like me, and Clay, and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”​
These people have been inculcated with a persecution complex. The irony is rich.

"The Deep State™ needs to stop persecuting me so I can keep the darkies and homos in their place!"

LOL! Talk about Moon Bat delusion to justify why their little bitch didn't win.

Evangelicals voted for Trump for the same reason tens of millions of non Evangelicals voted for him. They wanted to make this country great again after the Obama disaster and Crooked Hillary was a terrible candidate that would have continued with that record..

Not any more complicated than that.

Forum List

Back