EV owners....paying more to srive 100 miles than gas cars......suckers

As i keep pointimg out, the green religionists do not want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy....that goes against everything they believe....so they are happy that we are eliminating the emergy that works.....gas....and that electric cars coat more to drive...

I used to rent an electric vehicle to drive way back in the sixties. They had a top speed of five mph or so. Folks did not even have to have a drivers license to drive them. The electric vehicles back then were really small so they had to have a bumper wrapped around the entire vehicle for safety concerns. Those EV's back then did not have batteries for the power source, but an antennae that mysteriously drew energy from the sky through a stainless steel ceiling. Range was definitely limited but one could drive 'em all day long for about 15 cents for five minutes driving time. They had a problem with shorting out(old technology) like it was stop & go transportation, but @ least they started in cold weather!

As i keep pointimg out, the green religionists do not want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy....that goes against everything they believe....so they are happy that we are eliminating the emergy that works.....gas....and that electric cars coat more to drive...

Not exactly an earth-shaking price difference. And luxury EVs, certainly the largest portion of the current market, are still far cheaper to drive than luxury ICE vehicles.

Last edited:
If you park a Tesla at a hot outdoor long-term Airport parking, it will auto start to cool the inside. It will run down the battery. When you come back tired to PHX in 120F you cant get home.

heres a tip. Dont forget to turn that feature off before weeks long travel.

If you park a Tesla at a hot outdoor long-term Airport parking, it will auto start to cool the inside. It will run down the battery. When you come back tired to PHX in 120F you cant get home.

Or better yet...just by a car that works......a car that uses gas.

So... operator error. But I have to say that I don't think the car would run itself dead like that. All new cars are smart about electrical loads being left on and will eventually kill anything you leave on. Hard to believe a Tesla wouldn't have the same smarts.

You expect some scatter brained Blonde with kids, rushing to airplane with strollers and running boys to remember everything?
I would have thought her techie husband to have remembered it before she took the Tesla to the airport and left it there for a few weeks. Why do that anyway? Take a cab or a bus or you could have dropped her off. I used to travel a lot for work and I'd never leave my car at the airport for more than a couple days.

What the article has not covered is the maintenance costs....just the fuel costs.

Nor does the article discuss the cost of Charging stations built into a home.

Maintenance costs?
Which makes the EVs are massively more expensive to drive than an ICE.

Then it comes down to engineering.
Taking one energy source and converting it twice to propel you down the road. (Generation, transmission, storage, to kinetic energy)

Time to stop playing games and remember the KISS rule of efficient engineering.

I would have thought her techie husband to have remembered it before she took the Tesla to the airport and left it there for a few weeks. Why do that anyway? Take a cab or a bus or you could have dropped her off. I used to travel a lot for work and I'd never leave my car at the airport for more than a couple days.
You special arent you? Get off me! Cars often sit at Airports for 5 weeks or more (busines). She could be Divorced but Court gave her the car? Just go away. Pepole like you destroy boards, even countries. Dont post. You arent capable.

My son has a Tesla and lives in Atlanta. We live in Central Florida approximately 500 miles away. He had driven his Tesla down here a couple of times to visit us.

He says he spends about as much for charging as it would cost in gas. That is with Potatohead's high cost of gas.

He also says that his EV is OK for the daily commute to and back from work but not much of anything else. They have stopped taking it on long trips and even using it much on the weekends.

He has a charging station in his garage. He can keep it charged enough overnight during the week for his daily commute but he needs extra charging time during the weekend to be ready for Monday so they don't drive it much Sat and Sun.

He regrets getting his.

L-I is crappy technology for vehicles. Fine for a power hand held drill or weed trimmer but not much of anything else.

My son has a Tesla and lives in Atlanta. We live in Central Florida approximately 500 miles away. He had driven his Tesla down here a couple of times to visit us.

He says he spends about as much for charging as it would cost in gas. That is with Potatohead's high cost of gas.

He also says that his EV is OK for the daily commute to and back from work but not much of anything else. They have stopped taking it on long trips and even using it much on the weekends.

He has a charging station in his garage. He can keep it charged enough overnight during the week for his daily commute but he needs extra charging time during the weekend to be ready for Monday so they don't drive it much Sat and Sun.

He regrets getting his.

L-I is crappy technology for vehicles. Fine for a power hand held drill or weed trimmer but not much of anything else.
I agree that an EV with L-I batteries is far more suited to commuting than long distance travel.

they can control how much charge you are granted someday. That is the ultimate goal. You can travel here and there, one fith of Vodka each week….whatever. If they dont like your social score…..you only get charge to work. You cant buy ice cream…..only fruits and veggies. But they can.

Last edited:
they can control what books you have in a classroom or whether you're patriotic enough to teach, whether your vote counts or if you're actually a person with rights if you don't fit a minority held norm or follow the state religion. that is the ultimate goal.

I agree that an EV with L-I batteries is far more suited to commuting than long distance travel.
My son paid over $60K for that stupid car. He could have bought a fuel efficient ICE for less than half of what that stupid thing cost him and he would have had a better vehicle. He would have saved a whole lot more money.

Last fall my wife's brother died in Ft Wayne IN. We drove up from Florida for the funeral. My son drove from Atlanta to Ft Wayne. His wife couldn't go because of a work commitment but made him take the Tesla because she did not want to be stuck with it.

Our son and us both left Ft Wayne to go back home at the same time in the morning. We were going to stop and spend the night in Atlanta. We got there about 3:00. He did not arrive until after 6:00. The only difference was the time he had to spend charging. And that was with Tesla fast charging stations.

Like I said, piss poor technology. Anybody that bought one is an idiot. Including my son. I tried to tell him but he thought it was cool to own a Tesla in his upscale neighborhood

Just think of all these idiots that have been buying L-I trucks. They are world class idiots.

Last edited:
We don't give a shit what you Environmental Wackos agree or not agree on.

My son paid over $60K for that stupid car. He could have bought a fuel efficient ICE for less than half of what that stupid thing cost him and he would have had a better vehicle. He would have saved a whole lot more money.

Last fall my wife's brother died in Ft Wayne IN. We drove up from Florida for the funeral. My son drove from Atlanta to Ft Wayne. His wife couldn't go because of a work commitment but made him take the Tesla because she did not want to be stuck with it.

Our son and us both left Ft Wayne to go back home at the same time in the morning. We were going to stop and spend the night in Atlanta. We got there about 3:00. He did not arrive until after 6:00. The only difference was the time he had to spend charging. And that was with Tesla fast charging stations.

Like I said, piss poor technology. Anybody that bought one is an idiot. Including my son. I tried to tell him but he thought it was cool to own a Tesla in his upscale neighborhood

Just think of all these idiots that have been buying L-I trucks. They are world class idiots.

He would have been far better off to buy the Toyota Prius instead.

Well, I don't have one. I'm currently driving a Toyota Sienna hybrid minivan. We do a 1,600 mile commute twice a year and drive it all over town in-between. If I live long enough, I suppose I'll have to get something else at some point, but I hope they've come up with a faster charging battery or worked the kinks out of fuel cells by then. Maybe I'll just be too old to drive.

Last edited:
Well, I don't have one. I'm currently driving a Toyota Sienna hybrid minivan. We do a 1,600 mile commute twice a year and drive it all over town in-between. If I live long enough, I suppose I'll have to get something else at some point, but I hope they've come up with a faster charging battery or worked the kinks out of fuel cells by then. Maybe I'll just be too old to drive by then.
I have a Tundra but my wife's vehicle is a 2021 Honda Pilot. Great vehicle. We usually trade in vehicles at three or four years. We are thinking that maybe her next vehicle will be a Honda CRV Hybrid. I understand that Honda did the Hybrids right.

We are probably the right market for a Hybrid. Being retired we don't commute everyday. Mostly just running around town.

My younger son has an older Ford hybrid and had nothing but trouble with it. The only reason he has kept it is because even being out of warranty the Ford dealership keeps on fixing the problem at no cost.

9ayz94lh5wda1.png

~S~

Forum List

Back