European Nations Consider Recognizing Palestinian State

As I stated before (above) Palestinians are not too far from our own historical stance when we fought King George III for our own independence and, admittedly, willing to employ acts of terrorism against an oppressing regime.
Horespoo.
The American colonies rebelled mostly because the King-in-Parliament refused to recognize and protect the rights they enjoyed and English citizens, rights and protections they fully expected to enjoy because there were, in fact, English citizens.

No such parallel can be even remotely drawn with regard to Israel and the ex-Jordanians living in the West Bank..
Whether you intended to or not, the above is real funny.
Only because of your apparent unfamiliarity with the history of the conflict, especially in reference to the West Bank.
Not many people would (with a straight face) label the European Jews as the rightful inhabitants of Palestine
Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Fine, fine...have it your way.......the conclusion the is, that those poor Israelis have been INVADED by Jordanian Arabs....and that the Israeli forces are just fighting off some usurpers.....

I'll let others judge your level of stupidity.....

The West Bank belongs to Israel, fair and square, won from Jordan in a war Israel did not start, and then abandoned by same.

Short of physical force, no one will get Israel to do anything with the West Bank that Israel does not want to do.

The doctrine of conquest and its derivative rules were challenged in the 20th century by the development of the principle that aggressive war is contrary to international law, a view that is expressed in the covenant of the League of Nations, the Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928, the charters and judgments of the international military tribunals created at the end of World War II to try those accused of war crimes, the Charter of the United Nations, and numerous other multipartite treaties, declarations, and resolutions. The logical corollary to the outlawry of aggressive war is the denial of legal recognition to the fruits of such war. This implication was contained in what became known as the Stimson Doctrine, enunciated in January 1932 by U.S. Secretary of State Henry L. Stimson and subsequently affirmed by the assembly of the League of Nations and by several conferences of the American republics. The Draft Declaration on Rights and Duties of States, formulated in 1949 by the International Law Commission of the UN, contained (in Article XI) the rule that states are obligated not to recognize territorial acquisitions achieved by aggressive war.

conquest international law Encyclopedia Britannica

Six Day War - UN Resolution 242 - Prof G M Adler pt6

No it doesn't. They are the legal occupiers of the West Bank and have no right to annex the land for Israel.

As I stated before (above) Palestinians are not too far from our own historical stance when we fought King George III for our own independence and, admittedly, willing to employ acts of terrorism against an oppressing regime.
Horespoo.
The American colonies rebelled mostly because the King-in-Parliament refused to recognize and protect the rights they enjoyed and English citizens, rights and protections they fully expected to enjoy because there were, in fact, English citizens.

No such parallel can be even remotely drawn with regard to Israel and the ex-Jordanians living in the West Bank..
Whether you intended to or not, the above is real funny.
Only because of your apparent unfamiliarity with the history of the conflict, especially in reference to the West Bank.
Not many people would (with a straight face) label the European Jews as the rightful inhabitants of Palestine
Fine, fine...have it your way.......the conclusion the is, that those poor Israelis have been INVADED by Jordanian Arabs
You aren't paying attention, and deliberately so.

Israel invaded Jordan in a war Israel did not start and occupied the West Bank.
Jordan gave up its claim on the land; as such, it belongs to Israel.
The "Palestinians" that live there are, in fact, ex-Jordanians that Jordan no longer wanted.

Having established this, there is absolutely no basis for the parallel you tried to draw between the situation in the West bank and pre-revolution America - that the Palestinians are not too far from our own historical stance when we fought King George III for our own independence.

The doctrine of conquest and its derivative rules were challenged in the 20th century by the development of the principle that aggressive war is contrary to international law, a view that is expressed in the covenant of the League of Nations, the Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928, the charters and judgments of the international military tribunals created at the end of World War II
When East Prussia reverts back to Germany, please let me know.
Until then, your argument hasn't a leg to stand on.

The doctrine of conquest and its derivative rules were challenged in the 20th century by the development of the principle that aggressive war is contrary to international law, a view that is expressed in the covenant of the League of Nations, the Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928, the charters and judgments of the international military tribunals created at the end of World War II

At present, based on the result of numerous UN resolutions that cite Article 49 of the Geneva Convention, the consensus view of the international community is that Israeli settlements are illegal and constitute a violation of international law. According to the BBC, every government in the world, except Israel, considers the settlements to be illegal.

International law and Israeli settlements - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In 1990, as part of the reunification of Germany, West Germany recognised the "facts on the ground" and accepted clauses in the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany whereby Germany renounced all claims to territory east of the Oder-Neisse line.[2] Germany's recognition of the Oder-Neisse line as the border was formalised by the re-united Germany in the German-Polish Border Treaty on November 14, 1990.

Former eastern territories of Germany - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"I've got the pistol, so I'll keep the pesos, and that seem fair........"

[In 1990, as part of the reunification of Germany, West Germany recognised the "facts on the ground" and accepted clauses in the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany whereby Germany renounced all claims to territory east of the Oder-Neisse line.[2] Germany's recognition of the Oder-Neisse line as the border was formalised by the re-united Germany in the German-Polish Border Treaty on November 14, 1990.
Jordan recognized the facts on the ground and gave up its claim in the West bank in 1988, thereby ending any question regarding the disposition of the West Bank under international law.
At present, based on the result of numerous UN resolutions that cite Article 49 of the Geneva Convention, the consensus view of the international community is that Israeli settlements are illegal and constitute a violation of international law. According to the BBC, every government in the world, except Israel, considers the settlements to be illegal.

In 1990, as part of the reunification of Germany, West Germany recognised the "facts on the ground" and accepted clauses in the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany whereby Germany renounced all claims to territory east of the Oder-Neisse line.[2] Germany's recognition of the Oder-Neisse line as the border was formalised by the re-united Germany in the German-Polish Border Treaty on November 14, 1990.

THANK YOU, Blindboo...but, unfortunately, there is NO reasoning with these right wingers; however, changes (partially due to Netanyahu's belligerence and personal lobbying of OUR Congress,) things will change in that region...and all it will take is another massacre of both Jews and Palestinians.

THANK YOU, Blindboo...but, unfortunately, there is NO reasoning with these right wingers...

Says he who refuses to understand that Boo's argument was refuted.
:lol:

THANK YOU, Blindboo...but, unfortunately, there is NO reasoning with these right wingers...

It was NOT refuted....following YOUR logic, Iraq and Afghanistan should be our 51st and 52nd states.....Heck we spent 3 TRILLION or more and 4,000 body bags on those hell holes.

It was NOT refuted....

It was, in detail.
Jordan's renunciation of it's claim on the WB necessarily ends any possible conflict under international law.
/story
following YOUR logic, Iraq and Afghanistan should be our 51st and 52nd states
Non sequitur logic - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Never mind the fact that, as demonstrated, there is absolutely no basis for the parallel you tried to draw between the situation in the West bank and pre-revolution America - that the Palestinians are not too far from our own historical stance when we fought King George III for our own independence.

You really aren't very good at this.

QUOTE]

Well, maybe you should ask a grown up to explain it to you.

I'd be happy to volunteer, since I can remember that time before the people now known as "Palestinians" were invented.

I would translate your crap as "Stupid, uber-conformist antisemitic boy wants to be just like all the other fashionably antisemitic boys so supports the aims and methods of Arab terrorism. He wouldn't know actual liberalism if it came up and slapped him in his pimply little face, so he supports the tyranny of the racist majority as they persecute a tiny minority. "

QUOTE]

Well, maybe you should ask a grown up to explain it to you.

I'd be happy to volunteer, since I can remember that time before the people now known as "Palestinians" were invented.

I would translate your crap as "Stupid, uber-conformist antisemitic boy wants to be just like all the other fashionably antisemitic boys so supports the aims and methods of Arab terrorism. He wouldn't know actual liberalism if it came up and slapped him in his pimply little face, so he supports the tyranny of the racist majority as they persecute a tiny minority. "

If your other half brain were working, you'd know that anti-Semitic would also include the Arabs of that area......

Keep reading and stop watching FOX.

If your other half brain were working, you'd know that anti-Semitic would also include the Arabs of that area......

No it doesn't, you ignorant little twerp.

The term antisemitic was originally coined by a German hater of Jews named Wilhelm Marr in the 19th century to indicated hatred of Jews, and Jews alone. It has remained quite consistent in its use ever since, despite the attempts of Arab terrorist sympathizers, Neo Nazis and other vermin to change its meaning.

No it doesn't, you ignorant little twerp.

The term antisemitic was originally coined by a German hater of Jews named Wilhelm Marr in the 19th century to indicated hatred of Jews, and Jews alone. It has remained quite consistent in its use ever since, despite the attempts of Arab terrorist sympathizers, Neo Nazis and other vermin to change its meaning.
I thought everyone knew this. :)

Antisemitism (also spelled Anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group.[1][2] A person who holds such positions is called an "antisemite". Antisemitism is widely considered a form of racism.[3]

While the conjunction of the units anti, Semite and ism indicates antisemitism as being directed against all Semitic people, the term was popularized in Germany in 1873 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"),[4] although it had been used for at least two decades prior,[5] and that has been its normal use since then.[6] For the purposes of a 2005 U.S. governmental report, antisemitism was considered "hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity."[7]

Antisemitism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

[In 1990, as part of the reunification of Germany, West Germany recognised the "facts on the ground" and accepted clauses in the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany whereby Germany renounced all claims to territory east of the Oder-Neisse line.[2] Germany's recognition of the Oder-Neisse line as the border was formalised by the re-united Germany in the German-Polish Border Treaty on November 14, 1990.
Jordan recognized the facts on the ground and gave up its claim in the West bank in 1988, thereby ending any question regarding the disposition of the West Bank under international law.

Jordan's attempted annexation has nothing to do with ultimate disposition of the West Bank.

Jordan's attempted annexation has nothing to do with ultimate disposition of the West Bank.
I laugh at you.
If he West Bank was never part of Jordan, how can there be any question or controversy under international law?

Jerk offs.....I don't care about the Nazi who popularized the term anti-Semitic....What I am referring to is the very fact that BOTH Jews and Arabs are descendants of the Semitic sect......Ergo, anyone could then ALSO coin the term anti-Semitic to imply hatred of Arabs of that region.

Now go back to jerking off.

Jerk offs.....I don't care about the Nazi who popularized the term anti-Semitic....What I am referring to is the very fact that BOTH Jews and Arabs are descendants of the Semitic sect
Why do you refuse to understand the truth?

Antisemitism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
anti-Semitism Encyclopedia Britannica
Anti-semitism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Anti-semitism Define Anti-semitism at Dictionary.com
Working definition of Antisemitism English. European Forum on Antisemitism
Now go back to jerking off.
Says who who knows he cannot defend the premises he laid out in this topic.

Forum List

Back