European leaders turned their backs on the US President.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brn2bfree, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Brn2bfree

Brn2bfree Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    April 4, 2009
    Barack Obama fails to win Nato troops he wants for Afghanistan

Leading article: Alliance for Liberty | Pictures: Nato Summit | Obama dazzles Europe with campaigning style | Brown under fire over Afghan troopsBarack Obama made an impassioned plea to America's allies to send more troops to Afghanistan, warning that failure to do so would leave Europe vulnerable to more terrorist atrocities.

But though he continued to dazzle Europeans on his debut international tour, the Continent's leaders turned their backs on the US President.

Gordon Brown was the only one to offer substantial help. He offered to send several hundred extra British soldiers to provide security during the August election, but even that fell short of the thousands of combat troops that the US was hoping to prise from the Prime Minister.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you say NOBAMA?

Mr. Obama...If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance maybe you can baffle them with your bull schit.

It works for the idiot liberals here in the states.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So much for the " asking them nicely theory ". :lol:

3. JimCo

JimCo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Can you say NOBAMA?

Mr. Obama...If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance maybe you can baffle them with your bull schit.

It works for the idiot liberals here in the states.
    [/QUOTE]

And what works for idiot conservatives ... empty promises to avenge 9/11?

You seem to have forgotten why Obama is still trying to find a way to stop OBL and the Taliban ... over 7 years later!

Bush Quotes about Bin Laden

A BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
    by Karen

For your amusement and future reference, here's what Bush has said about bin Laden at various points in time, depending on how he was trying to spin things:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
    - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
    - Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
    The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
    official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    And what works for idiot conservatives ... empty promises to avenge 9/11?

You seem to have forgotten why Obama is still trying to find a way to stop OBL and the Taliban ... over 7 years later!

Bush Quotes about Bin Laden

A BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
    by Karen

For your amusement and future reference, here's what Bush has said about bin Laden at various points in time, depending on how he was trying to spin things:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
    - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
    - Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
    The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
    official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)[/QUOTE]

How's his "trying" going so far ? Any results ? :lol:

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    How's his "trying" going so far ? Any results ? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Obama is a fool. The left is ignorant about how the real world works. Countries are not friends. They do not act like friends. A Country does what it does ( if it is and wants to stay successful) for its own self interests. As long as those interests coincide with each other they cooperate.

Cow towing to European leaders and the people of Europe is foolish and pointless. First off most Europeans are racist and Obama is black. Ohh I don't mean the mean kind where they chant and burn things, but the majority of the people in Europe do not have fond affections for the darker races. They consider them dumber then them and in need of help from them.

You think prejuidice in the US is bad, try Europe.

Europe does not think they need us anymore. Since the fall of the Soviet Empire they think we are unimportant to their survival. France and German are free to pursue their International schemes and we are a roadblock to them.

No matter how much Obama kisses their ass and cow tows to them unless he GIVES them tangible powers over what and when we will do things in the world there will be no changing the state of affairs.

They have no interest in the war on terror because those Muslims are some of their best customers. Who do you think was selling arms munitions and explosives to Iraq before the war? Who do you think had BILLION dollar deals to work the oil fields and improve the infrastructure in Iraq? France and Germany were actively working to get rid of the sanctions on Saddam Hussein so they could get back to business as usual. And the New Iraq is not falling all over itself to invite them back in.

The left and Obama are clueless.

6. JimCo

JimCo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Actually the left is not as clueless as you would like to believe ... we do know how the real world works. We understand that in Europe, just as over here, everyone has their own agenda. That politics can get dirty, that money, lobbyists and PACs are part of the system that is not going to just go away. We also understand the limits of power, that just because you are the world's last remaining Superpower ... doesn't mean you can just do it your way ... ask your buddy Bush. How many times was he rebuffed as he went hat in hand to ask Europe for help in Iraq or for the Saudi's to increase oil production when prices hit over $4/gal last year? Remember when Bush said that now the adults have taken over the WH ... who would know they would be such total incomptents?

7. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Hm... you all do realize that the European leaders that supposedly 'turned their backs on the US president' are leaders of DEMOCRATIC countries, right? Meaning: they have to do what their electorate wants and some of them were VOTED IN on the basis of an anti-war message... PLUS, consider the circumstances - we do have somewhat of a global economic recession going on, how much spare cash do you think any of the nations have to go fight the war?

I'm not arguing against adding troops to Afghanistan, I actually think there SHOULD be an increase if we're to succeed... and I do believe that international involvement is key.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  8. ItsFairmont

ItsFairmont Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Mark my words: We will never win in Afghanistan. Nobody in history has ever conquered Afghanistan, and nobody ever will.

And what are we trying to do there anyway? Find bin Laden? Prevent the Taliban from preying on little boys (which is pretty much what they're into)? Fight Al Queda?

Is there a chance the USA can go one single decade without a war?

Seriously: I challenge anyone to name the last decade in which we were not fighting someone.

2000s: Afghanistan and Iraq

90s: Panama, Bosnia, Somalia, Iraq

80s: Lebanon, Central America.

70s: Viet Nam.

60s: Viet Nam.

50s: Viet Nam, Korea.

40s: WWII.

30s: Well, maybe that was the last time without a war somewhere.

20s: Hey, could it be possible there were two decades of peace in our nation?

10s: WW I.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Who said anything about winning?

10. JimCo

JimCo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3