Etch-A-Sketch: it's the new flip-flop

Etch-A-Sketch: it's the new flip-flop

no matter how you shake it up, the Republicans eventually are going to realize what they have is a 1% candidate that has no reason or accomplishment to run for President other than sheer Boredom ...

I don't see great satisfaction with Obama.

Depends on who you talk to. In any case, Republicans are pretty effective and ruthless propaganda masters. The last two Democratic Presidents were so demonized that they turned a pious, peanut farming, veteran into a lustful ineffective dolt..and turned a by your bootstraps, rhodes scholar into a murdering, rapist which earned him an impeachment.

Republicans don't let facts get in the way of the barrage of hateful rhetoric they spew on a daily basis..and have little concern for how polarizing it is. They are pissed they don't have the white house..which is..what they imagine..is their birthright.

Aohsm8fCAAA6VYh.jpg

Every candidate in every Presidential election follows the same basic strategy: appeal to the base to win the primaries, secure the nomination, then move to the center to win the general. Yawn.....

I'd say that when Romney moves to the center for the general election, he'll put himself in a more comfortable position based on his record. When he was Governor of Massachusetts his actions were at times conservative and at other times, not so much conservative (Romneycare, raising taxes on businesses:etc.).
So when his adviser mentioned shaking up a "Etch-A-Sketch" and starting all over again, he was describing Romney moving himself to an area that fits the real Romney. I would think that would bother real conservatives more than liberals. Exactly who has Romney snowballed during the primaries, conservatives or liberals?

Every candidate in every Presidential election follows the same basic strategy: appeal to the base to win the primaries, secure the nomination, then move to the center to win the general. Yawn.....

Except that's usually the LOSER strategy...

Bush-43 never really did that. Clinton never really did that. Reagan never really did that.

The winners lead movements. People get behind them. Primaries where the candidates have to out-pander each other usually lead to dispirited challengers getting their heads handed to them.

Kerry, Dole, Mondale.... Yeah, these guys all tried to move back to the "center", but they couldn't pull it off.

Reagan never did that? Bullshit! Where did he kick off his 1980 campaign What was his message to that audience.

I think it's a damned shame that once again I will have to vote against someone instead of for someone.

True enough. But when you don't actually stand for anything other than hating the current guy, that's kind of what you are stuck with...

No fool, you are the hater here, We all know that you will vote for Obama because you hate Romney.

I will vote for Romney because I don't like the way Obama is failing to lead the country. Please play again.....

I think it's a damned shame that once again I will have to vote against someone instead of for someone.

True enough. But when you don't actually stand for anything other than hating the current guy, that's kind of what you are stuck with...

No fool, you are the hater here, We all know that you will vote for Obama because you hate Romney.

I will vote for Romney because I don't like the way Obama is failing to lead the country. Please play again.....

A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama lite. Haven't you been listening to Santorum? :D

Last edited:
Not that it was any surprise, of course.
True.

But it’s still refreshing to hear the truth from a republican for a change.

It’s also good to have confirmation from the Romney camp what the rest of the Nation already knows: that Romney is a shallow, vacuous, mannequin of a politician who will say anything to get elected; a politician who stands for nothing, represents nothing, and believes in nothing.

Now Romney has the impossible task of doing damage control by trying to convince the voters what’s true about him isn’t true when the voters know for a fact Romney’s lying.

Well, he also could have said Romney's running because he really has nothing else to do at the moment. He's got more money then he could ever hope to spend in a lifetime..

He's bored.

Not that it was any surprise, of course.
True.

It’s also good to have confirmation from the Romney camp what the rest of the Nation already knows: that Romney is a shallow, vacuous, mannequin of a politician who will say anything to get elected; a politician who stands for nothing, represents nothing, and believes in nothing.

Now Romney has the impossible task of doing damage control by trying to convince the voters what’s true about him isn’t true when the voters know for a fact Romney’s lying.

Well, he also could have said Romney's running because he really has nothing else to do at the moment. He's got more money then he could ever hope to spend in a lifetime..

He's bored.

I kinda think that's what's up with the Koch Brothers, too.

You won't vote for Obama because he's black. At least I admit my biases.

Please, for the most part, Obama has kept Bush's policies intact. He really hasn't changed course that much. And he adopted Romney's Health Care plan for the whole country. So I guess I'm not seeing your real complaint with Obama.

I don't think he's been a great president, but he hasn't been as awful as you all carry on, either. And Mr. Etch-o-Sketch hasn't made a comelling reason to replace him yet.

Mitt-Romney-Etch-A-Sketch-001.jpg

Hey, noticed that Google won't "auto-fill" if you type in "Romney Etch-a-sketch".... Hmmmm.

True.

He's bored.

I kinda think that's what's up with the Koch Brothers, too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjkdynBFHuQ]The One Dollar Bet - Trading Places (8/10) Movie CLIP (1983) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Republicans don't let facts get in the way of the barrage of hateful rhetoric they spew on a daily basis..and have little concern for how polarizing it is. They are pissed they don't have the white house..which is..what they imagine..is their birthright.

Manomano you are not just hitting the nail on the head, you are pounding it into oblivion. Good job.

Please, for the most part, Obama has kept Bush's policies intact. He really hasn't changed course that much. And he adopted Romney's Health Care plan for the whole country. So I guess I'm not seeing your real complaint with Obama.

I don't think he's been a great president, but he hasn't been as awful as you all carry on, either. And Mr. Etch-o-Sketch hasn't made a comelling reason to replace him yet.

Hey, noticed that Google won't "auto-fill" if you type in "Romney Etch-a-sketch".... Hmmmm.

You're calling me a fucking racist? Fuck you dick weed. I hate racism in all it's ugly forms, and you insult me with this? Go away child you have way to much to learn to be here.............

Except that's usually the LOSER strategy...

Bush-43 never really did that. Clinton never really did that. Reagan never really did that.

The winners lead movements. People get behind them. Primaries where the candidates have to out-pander each other usually lead to dispirited challengers getting their heads handed to them.

Kerry, Dole, Mondale.... Yeah, these guys all tried to move back to the "center", but they couldn't pull it off.

Reagan never did that? Bullshit! Where did he kick off his 1980 campaign What was his message to that audience.

Yes they all flip flop, but lets face is, John Kerry was horrible at it. You gotta be slick about it. And Romney, like Kerry, is so obvious. I like Randi Rhodes take on it:

The fascinating thing about this Romney gaffe is that it was made by an aide. Mitt has so many gaffes that he has to delegate them!

Both Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were at campaign events with actual Etch A Sketches as props. The Rick Santorum campaign is so disorganized that I wouldn’t have been surprised if he would have showed up at a campaign even with a Lite Brite or an Easy-Bake Oven.

Santorum warned if they vote for Romney, “whoever you vote for is going to be a completely new candidate.”

Actually, that’s something of a comforting thought. A candidate who is completely fake and insincere is better than a candidate who truly believes in the ultra-conservative crap that Mitt Romney has been spewing. And the candidate who truly believes that crap is Rick Santorum.

Read more: Randi Rhodes

You're calling me a fucking racist? Fuck you dick weed. I hate racism in all it's ugly forms, and you insult me with this? Go away child you have way to much to learn to be here.............

Then that makes you a fucking idiot.

Because how can you think Romney will be any different than Bush? Bush who when he left office we were bleeding 7 million jobs. On Obama's watch we are at least adding 300,000 jobs a month. What you do consider success? Completely destroying the middle class? I bet you didn't think Clinton was doing a good job either, huh? :cuckoo:

And Romney agrees with Paul Ryan and the tea baggers in the House. If it weren't for them, we'd be adding 600,000 jobs a month. Their cuts are designed to hurt Obama's job numbers. And you fell for it. Again, :cuckoo:

As I look through all the topics being discussed today, I have to say that the Republicans have to admit at this point they are in big trouble. Things couldn't be any worse. This is worse than Palin/McCain or Gore and whoever he chose to run with him. Romney is a horrible candidate!

But Republicans will turn up the volume on Obamacare and Solyndra and Tea Baggers and Abortion and Gun Rights and gas prices.

They want to make this election about Obama. If its just about Obama, they think they can win. Then people will vote for Romney as a lesser of two evils. But if people get to know Romney, and OH BOY are we going to let them know about Romney, then he doesn't have a chance in hell.

And because of the long GOP primaries, Obama hasn't had to spend a dime yet. Why bother until the GOP makes their choice.

And meanwhile the GOP are doing Obama's job for him. And so is Romney. Puts his foot in his mouth every chance he gets. And Santorum is no different. They've both said enough already to hang themselves 5 times each. Both are on record saying they don't care about unemployment. What a joke. Is this a joke? Are they going to nominate Jeb at the last minute or Mark Rubio? LOL.

Then that makes you a fucking idiot.

Because how can you think Romney will be any different than Bush? Bush who when he left office we were bleeding 7 million jobs. On Obama's watch we are at least adding 300,000 jobs a month. What you do consider success? Completely destroying the middle class? I bet you didn't think Clinton was doing a good job either, huh? :cuckoo:

And Romney agrees with Paul Ryan and the tea baggers in the House. If it weren't for them, we'd be adding 600,000 jobs a month. Their cuts are designed to hurt Obama's job numbers. And you fell for it. Again, :cuckoo:

Bull Shit.

This is the longest so called recovery on record, but to you stupid fuck Obamabots that's still Bush's fault. This administration has done little but fuck shit up and you all want to lick Obamas asshole. What the fuck is wrong with you.

What other President in history refused to talk about their signature legislation on it's 2 year anniversary? And Why? Because next week it goes in front of the Supreme Court. WHy? Because it's a piece of shit unconstitutional piece of crap. But that doesn't bother Obamabots. Kids singing praises to him in school, doesn't matter he deserves it right?

No I don't believe Romney will be a good President. But I believe he'll be a better president than Mr Transparent I won Obama.

Forum List

Back