Etch-A-Sketch: it's the new flip-flop

Too bad nobody ever said he did. No trying again necessary.

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

thats a flip flop....see how that works?

Well, you apparently know how deflection works, sir.

:)

its not deflection at all, its called critical thinking. if he said it, he owns it, unless you'd like to now back track and not defend the ' stimulus = under 8% unemployment statement' argument........

Well, you apparently know how deflection works, sir.

:)

its not deflection at all, its called critical thinking. if he said it, he owns it, unless you'd like to now back track and not defend the ' stimulus = under 8% unemployment statement' argument........

Wow, what contortions you're doing here. Do you stretch first?

History escapes deany once again as he completely ignores the progressive creep since the days of Woodrow Wilson.

Ahh yes, that horrible progressive creep that created a strong middle class and placed America at the top of the food chain.

Progressive creep keeps the masses happy little productive worker bees, allows companies to make profits without people shouting at them and funds the government to protect our borders from enemies.

Lack of progressive creep leads to unhappy pissed off masses protesting in the streets and looking to tear down everything that's been built and replace it with something else ( usually worse )

Progressive creep is the new opiate of the masses.
Wrong. the individual is always at the TOP of the food chain.

YOU have been ill-educated...and compliant to your masters.

You, sir, are dead wrong. The individual is nothing in our current system. You have no rights, no privileges and no freedoms that cannot be taken from you by the corporate elite.

If you want to true liberty, you must first throw off the chains they have placed upon you.

Ahh yes, that horrible progressive creep that created a strong middle class and placed America at the top of the food chain.

Progressive creep keeps the masses happy little productive worker bees, allows companies to make profits without people shouting at them and funds the government to protect our borders from enemies.

Lack of progressive creep leads to unhappy pissed off masses protesting in the streets and looking to tear down everything that's been built and replace it with something else ( usually worse )

Progressive creep is the new opiate of the masses.

You, sir, are dead wrong. The individual is nothing in our current system. You have no rights, no privileges and no freedoms that cannot be taken from you by the corporate elite.

If you want to true liberty, you must first throw off the chains they have placed upon you.

you sir, are delusional.

Weird side-note:

The guy conducting that interview is actually an old friend of mine from High School.

LOL.

Anyway, carry on.

you sir, are delusional.

I'm really not. But I think the big giant rabbit that made me post all of that might be.

But seriously...

to bad Romney never said it....*shrugs* try again.

Too bad nobody ever said he did. No trying again necessary.

Kerry discusses $87 billion comment - CNN

Wade also said "better an inarticulate answer than an inarticulate policy that has cost American lives and set us back in the war on terrorism."

After the remark became controversial, Kerry explained that he had supported an earlier Democratic measure that would have paid for the $87 billion in war funding by reducing Bush's tax cuts

Not a flip flop at all - there is an explanation for everything ... unless it simply disappears by shaking it.

So we're going to go into what some unknown campaign manager says----:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Every candidate running for office moves to the center in the general election. Obama got the far out left to support him to win the nomination and then he moved to center after he won the nomination. Every republican candidate does the same.

Mitt Romney has a FISCAL conservative record. He literally wiped out a 1.5 billion dollar deficit in Mass. in 4 years. I expect he will do the same as President.

No he's not the social nut-case--Rick Santorum--who has NO record of FISCAL religion when it came to spending our money.

The Obama campaign has more than enough information to destroy Romney, as a candidate.

:badgrin::badgrin: Nice try--but Romney has now been vetted over and over for the last 6 years--including during his run in 2008. If there was any dirt---we would have learned about it long ago.

Obama is going to get clobbered by Mitt Romney--and it's more than clear that democrats are very worried about Romney.

So we're going to go into what some unknown campaign manager says----:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Every candidate running for office moves to the center in the general election. Obama got the far out left to support him to win the nomination and then he moved to center after he won the nomination. Every republican candidate does the same.

Mitt Romney has a FISCAL conservative record. He literally wiped out a 1.5 billion dollar deficit in Mass. in 4 years. I expect he will do the same as President.

No he's not the social nut-case--Rick Santorum--who has NO record of FISCAL religion when it came to spending our money.

Unknown campaign manager? Really?

Instead of taking a victory lap after a big win in Illinois, Mitt Romney's campaign ended up with another gaffe to clean up Wednesday.

Romney senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN whether Romney may be forced so far to the right by rivals Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich in the primary race that it might hurt him if he's the party's nominee in the fall. Fehrnstrom responded: "I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch-A-Sketch — you can kind of shake it up and we start all over again."

Romney Adviser's 'Etch-A-Sketch' Comment Shakes Up Criticism From Rivals : It's All Politics : NPR

Senior advisor to the Romney campaign isn't really an "unknown campaign manager", it's his SENIOR FUCKING STAFF.

The Obama campaign has more than enough information to destroy Romney, as a candidate.

:badgrin::badgrin: Nice try--but Romney has now been vetted over and over for the last 6 years--including during his run in 2008. If there was any dirt---we would have learned about it long ago.

Obama is going to get clobbered by Mitt Romney--and it's more than clear that democrats are very worried about Romney.

To be honest, Romney is the one I worry about least.

Newt has always been loose with the facts and bolsters his fan base through wild and crazy talk based solely in the fantasy of his own mind ( $2.50 gas, moon bases ) but he has a way of striking at opponents with half truths and outright lies at just the right time to make it count at the voting booth.

Santorum has that preacher man speech pattern down to a T and can drop all the right "I'm a evangelical" code words while sounding like he actually knows what he's talking about.

Either of those men, with the full backing of the NeoCon war machine, are a serious threat to the President.

Romney on the other hand just seems like " not Obama"

to bad Romney never said it....*shrugs* try again.

You're right............Mittens never said it, however, the person in charge of his campaign (i.e. the guy who tells him what to say) DID.

Show's how Romney is planning on trying to win the election.

Interesting the blindness of the partisan right.

The fact Romney didn’t say it is the entire point, that it was a senior advisor is.

It reveals the truth of the entire campaign, that Romney is a sham, a contrivance, a political robot that will say whatever you want it to say, just load the right program.

Every candidate in every Presidential election follows the same basic strategy: appeal to the base to win the primaries, secure the nomination, then move to the center to win the general. Yawn.....

Except that's usually the LOSER strategy...

Bush-43 never really did that. Clinton never really did that. Reagan never really did that.

The winners lead movements. People get behind them. Primaries where the candidates have to out-pander each other usually lead to dispirited challengers getting their heads handed to them.

Kerry, Dole, Mondale.... Yeah, these guys all tried to move back to the "center", but they couldn't pull it off.

Except Obama never really did that. He ran to Hillary's left and he stayed there. The real problem is that Capitalism has turned into such a shit sandwich for all of us that he could perch on the left and still win in a landslide.

Wow, you keep repeating this, but Rick was part of the Congress that FINALLY got the deficit under control.

It seems the only time Republicans actually like balanced budgets is when they aren't in power.

As for Mittens wiping out the deficit, not really impressive. His Republican Predecessors put the tax increases and budget cuts into place that got MA out of the hole when employment bounced back. It wasn't because Mitt did anything.

Fact is, if Mitt was all that proud of his time as governor, that's what he'd be talking about, not what he did at Bain-of-our-existance Capital.

Forum List

Back