ESPN Magazine's Interesting Research

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
The writers for ESPN Magazine came across an interesting statistic recently while doing research for an article on the Washington Redskins. If the Redskins win their game just before the date of the election, the president in office will be re-elected; however, if the Redskins lose their game just before the election, a new president will be elected. Keep your eyes on the Redskins game on October 31 and hope that the referees aren't East Coast Democrats.

Well, let's hope Green Bay looks past the Redskins and comes into Washington on the 31st overconfident.

Adam's Apple said:
Well, let's hope Green Bay looks past the Redskins and comes into Washington on the 31st overconfident.

GB vs the Redskins? That game is gonna be the sux! :puke3: Two of the crappiest teams in football this year. Maybe I can finally get some points from L. Coles on my fantasy team as the GB defense is simply non-existent.

Adam's Apple said:
The writers for ESPN Magazine came across an interesting statistic recently while doing research for an article on the Washington Redskins. If the Redskins win their game just before the date of the election, the president in office will be re-elected; however, if the Redskins lose their game just before the election, a new president will be elected. Keep your eyes on the Redskins game on October 31 and hope that the referees aren't East Coast Democrats.

You mean I gotta root for the Redskins? :terror:

Ah well. Maybe just one weekend won't hurt, although I do have Ahman Green and Donald Driver on my fantasy teams. Guess I can hope for a high scoring game with lots of offense.

Forum List

Back