Eric Holder demands more affirmative action to get more black cops in Ferguson

If you apply and pass you are on the force.
Now if you are black and apply you're in just to show diversity?

Is that it?

Good, look at how the response changed when they brought in someone who was from the area and was willing to talk to people. Crazy concept huh?

Was from their area or did you mean was of their color?
If a white officer did the same thing, would the crowd have even listened?
If your answer is no, then we are in big trouble,

If you apply and pass you are on the force.
Now if you are black and apply you're in just to show diversity?

Is that it?

What's sad is, black applicants who do meet qualification standards are labeled with the same stamp as those who are inducted only to meet some arbitrary quota because many people understand that lower standards for a select group are enforced. Why should blacks who might want to become cops even try for minimal qualifications when they know that they'll get the job anyhow?

Good, look at how the response changed when they brought in someone who was from the area and was willing to talk to people. Crazy concept huh?

Don't overlook this aspect - Share racial solidarity with gang members.

This is the photo run by New York Magazine.

MO%2BFERG%2BCaptain%2BRonald%2BS.%2BJohnson%2B2014%2B8-14.jpg

Here is the uncropped version:

MO%2BFERG%2BCaptain%2BRonald%2BS.%2BJohnson%2BUNCENSORED%2B2014%2B8-14.jpg

Don't overlook this aspect - Share racial solidarity with gang members.

This is the photo run by New York Magazine.

MO%2BFERG%2BCaptain%2BRonald%2BS.%2BJohnson%2B2014%2B8-14.jpg

Here is the uncropped version:

MO%2BFERG%2BCaptain%2BRonald%2BS.%2BJohnson%2BUNCENSORED%2B2014%2B8-14.jpg

Cropped means that the size of the original image was modified. These are two different images taken at different times. Try not to lie next time...

What's sad is, black applicants who do meet qualification standards are labeled with the same stamp as those who are inducted only to meet some arbitrary quota because many people understand that lower standards for a select group are enforced.

Of course. All black accomplishments (outside of pro sports) are met with skepticism because of affirmative action.

If more minorities wanted to be cops, they would be applying for the Police Academy. Affirmative action is another way of saying lower standards, then encourage people to do it because it's so easy. Of course, they'll have to take more tax payer money to offer better pay and benefits to lure people in.

By all means, run ads saying that cities need more good police officers and then hope many pass the academy so cities can hire the best ones. If you want to be one of the best students, get your shit together. If you can't read or speak English, then change yourself. Of course, liberals would rather lower the bar than to expect people to meet the current standards. What we end up with is people who aren't fully qualified and we have decreased quality of services.

Forget affirmative action. If people knew they had to rise to the occasion to get anywhere, they might try harder. Liberals don't like personal responsibility and would rather ensure that people don't have to deal with the consequences of their own actions, or lack thereof.

Last edited:
It doesn't' take much intelligence to be a cop but most blacks don't even have that. Many cities have replaced written tests with "interviews" so they can hire illiterate blacks to be cops!!!

While there is little doubt than many Black applicants would never be able to pass an exam to even be considered for the police force, there is no doubt whatsoever that they could not find plenty of qualified black officers. Sorry, but not all blacks are too stupid to be a cop.

It doesn't' take much intelligence to be a cop but most blacks don't even have that. Many cities have replaced written tests with "interviews" so they can hire illiterate blacks to be cops!!!

While there is little doubt than many Black applicants would never be able to pass an exam to even be considered for the police force, there is no doubt whatsoever that they could not find plenty of qualified black officers. Sorry, but not all blacks are too stupid to be a cop.
Very generous of you there whitey...

Those blacks who are intelligent enough to be hired by cops are also intelligent enough to be hired by firms which offer better pay.

Because intelligent blacks are so rare they are very highly sought after. Black Ph.Ds earn higher starting salaries than white Ph.Ds. There is a huge market demand for intelligent blacks and very limited supply.

Think about how anti-meritorious this following reasoning is.

The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits. It’s a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.​

Standards must be lowered so that enough blacks will qualify to be hired. Well what about all of the people who've already qualified? Screw them, they're not black. Lower the standards and then hire some blacks.

When I think about the police department I think they should somewhat mirror the community they cover. Silly me right? Maybe Dayton was higher than neighboring areas IDK but I dont see anything bad about police looking like the areas they police.

Can you imagine if a white area had 80% black cops? Whites wouldnt like that at all.

In 1990 Ferguson was 75% white and 25% black. By 2010 the ratios had almost reversed.

A cop hired in 1990 is very likely to still be on the force today, hired at 20, today he'd be 44.

So are you suggesting that people be fired from their jobs because they're the wrong race?

You gotta try harder. I'm not buying your stupid act.

Well lets see. The word is spelled a.r.e.a. :eusa_shifty:

My answer is yes. I also added they were willing to talk to the people. You glossed over that in your boo-hoo persecution response

My answer is yes. I also added they were willing to talk to the people. You glossed over that in your boo-hoo persecution response

Glossed over what?
In my response I asked "If a white officer did the same thing, would the crowd have even listened?" Which implies that the white officer was talking to them, So what exactly did I gloss over?

Glossed over what?
In my response I asked "If a white officer did the same thing, would the crowd have even listened?" Which implies that the white officer was talking to them, So what exactly did I gloss over?

:eusa_shhh:

Hey, make 'em happy. Just black cops. Holder can go from town to town and set it up that way - if the black population is above, say, 30%, just black cops. If they can fog a freakin' mirror, hire 'em.

Cripes, whatever. All that matters now is skin color, anyway. Sick of it.

Aside from the blatant racism and ignorance and suspicion and hatred displayed by the OP, there are precious few folks on the Right who have a real grasp on the troubles in Ferguson.

After 9/11, the Department of Homeland Security poured billions of dollars worth of tactical military equipment into local police forces. As if the 'war on terror' would be fought on American streets by American policemen, the DHS armed local precincts as if they were defending an outpost in Afghanistan.

There is an old adage that says 'when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'. Well, now that every little cop shop is equipped to fight a war, all they have are armored personnel carriers and .50 caliber machine guns, so every citizen looks like an enemy combatant.

Donning gas masks, riot helmets, flak jackets and high powered weapons, those who are supposed to 'serve and protect' appear to citizens as an occupying force. The police response in Ferguson was embarrassing to Americans. Such a response did not tamp down the ill feelings of the citizens of Ferguson, but created the opposite reaction, and rightfully so.

It's all part of a domestic arms race perpetuated on one side by over zealous police forces acting with impunity and on the other side by paranoid citizens who feel they are only safe if they pack weapons themselves for their own 'security and safety'. The result is an atmosphere of hatred and fear that only serves to perpetuate a cycle of violence. Unfortunately, some on the Right want to ramp up the division by adding more weapons and more rogue cops to achieve what they see as a peaceful solution to the troubles.

Attorney General Holder realizes that in order to de-escalate one has to actually do that. If cops are to protect and serve, they should be of the community in their charge. Rolling out the big guns never has acted as a relief valve, only as the next unfortunate step in making the community more suspicious and angry.
What? That didnt make sense. IT was just a rant. Holder is a complete racist fucktard who needs to be in prison getting raped daily.
The officer appears at this point to have committed a community service killing.

Forum List

Back