Episcopals and Homosexuality

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
This is the best article I have read yet on the Episcopal homosexuality scandal. It's three long pages, but definitely worth the 7-8 minutes it will take to read.

-------------
Peace be with you. And also with you. Unless you're gay.
Last year, after the Episcopal Church installed its first openly homosexual bishop, a group of dissenters, led in part by conservative Texas clergymen, vowed to put up a fight. And did they ever. Will their new alliance destroy the 215-year-old denomination?

http://www.texasmonthly.com/csc/feature2.php?click_code=287a00bd2c196a6594352f3dda8f31d8

ya know, I'm sitting here reading this - it's great reading...very enlightening.

I'm glad I'm not God - I'd hate to sort this stuff out on 'Judgement Day' - I mean...Homosexuality like most any other sin, can be forgiven. Some people are bound to sin; struggling to do what's right, but failing. I'm quite Sure God's grace extends to those who repent, but unintentially fail.

The homosexual - in blatant disregard for God's word, however, has little chance for grace, in my mind.

:-/

I'll have to agree with you there, Sodom and Gommorah set a grim, yet seldom heeded, example of the kind of wrath homosexuality can draw. There's also several NT passages that clearly state that homosexuality is a sin. Like all sins, it can be forgiven, but it is still a sin.

Okay, see if you can answer this one...

Q. Why are Episcopaleans poor chess players?

A. They can't tell the difference between a Bishop and a Queen.

Forum List

Back