EPA takes over in Texas

Blablablabla...CO2 still isn't a pollutant, tovarich.

The conservative US Supreme Court the Supreme Court of the United States ruled in in Massachusetts v. EPA, that carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping emissions are “air pollutants” under the Clean Air Act, and that the U.S. government already has authority to start curbing them.

And the supreme court is qualified to make such a decision based on what experitise? That was without a doubt the most bald faced appeal to authority that I have seen in a long while.

That's the expertise the Constitution gave them.

If you don't like it, leave!

The conservative US Supreme Court the Supreme Court of the United States ruled in in Massachusetts v. EPA, that carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping emissions are “air pollutants” under the Clean Air Act, and that the U.S. government already has authority to start curbing them.

And the supreme court is qualified to make such a decision based on what experitise? That was without a doubt the most bald faced appeal to authority that I have seen in a long while.

The Constitution hands out scientific experitise? Do you actually believe that malarky?

The Constitution hands out scientific experitise? Do you actually believe that malarky?

We have three branches of government that were created by the Constitution. In the course of a lifetime any person would have to disagree with each of those branches at some point in time. I don't see a lot of people leaving because they disagree with the actions of a government branch.

Now, what we have here are stupid people asking the Supreme Court for a decision and then saying the court they appealed to doesn't have the right to make that decision. Well, if they didn't have the right to make the decision, why did you dumbasses ask them to decide?

You right-wingers are dumber than dirt, when you don't even take into account what you did. You wouldn't be objecting to the Supreme Court deciding, if they decided the way you wanted them to.

The state governments that took this to court all have good legal advice and surely they had attorneys telling them they were wasting their time. The state governments wasted that money because the politicians were playing politics for their own interests.

We have three branches of government that were created by the Constitution. In the course of a lifetime any person would have to disagree with each of those branches at some point in time. I don't see a lot of people leaving because they disagree with the actions of a government branch.

Now, what we have here are stupid people asking the Supreme Court for a decision and then saying the court they appealed to doesn't have the right to make that decision. Well, if they didn't have the right to make the decision, why did you dumbasses ask them to decide?

You right-wingers are dumber than dirt, when you don't even take into account what you did. You wouldn't be objecting to the Supreme Court deciding, if they decided the way you wanted them to.

The state governments that took this to court all have good legal advice and surely they had attorneys telling them they were wasting their time. The state governments wasted that money because the politicians were playing politics for their own interests.

I will ask you again, upon what scientific experitse did the supreme court make their decision? If you aren't bright enough to answer, I will tell you. NONE. They are lawyers, not scientists and had no rational basis for their decision as they had no qualification to determine which side was making the more scientifically sound argument.

I will ask you again, upon what scientific experitse did the supreme court make their decision? If you aren't bright enough to answer, I will tell you. NONE. They are lawyers, not scientists and had no rational basis for their decision as they had no qualification to determine which side was making the more scientifically sound argument.

Who took the case to court, dummy?

We have a lot of authoritarian types around here. I wonder if it is an internet tough guy thing, or if this country really is headed into the literal despot shitter.

We have a lot of authoritarian types around here. I wonder if it is an internet tough guy thing, or if this country really is headed into the literal despot shitter.

Texas and the right-wing have people calling themselves patriots and talking about seceding from the union. In the case of Texas, long ago I've checked Perry's background on a site called "on the issues", which shows his record on various issues. Perry was rated as a dead center moderate. When the Tea Party movement started, Perry changed and has been extreme ever since. He did it for his own political ambition and not because of ideology.

There is your despot, who during bad economic times wasted taxpayers money in a meaningless lawsuit.

There is a big difference between being a patriot and calling yourself one. Treason also has a definition.

Texas and the right-wing have people calling themselves patriots and talking about seceding from the union. In the case of Texas, long ago I've checked Perry's background on a site called "on the issues", which shows his record on various issues. Perry was rated as a dead center moderate. When the Tea Party movement started, Perry changed and has been extreme ever since. He did it for his own political ambition and not because of ideology.

There is your despot, who during bad economic times wasted taxpayers money in a meaningless lawsuit.

There is a big difference between being a patriot and calling yourself one. Treason also has a definition.

:lmao:

Blablablabla...CO2 still isn't a pollutant, tovarich.

Well of course they did, that way they can regulate the very air you breathe. I can't wait till they classify your exhalations to be a threat to the planet and execute all you breathers.

And thus began... the beginning of the end. Of commerce.

Doesn't matter what age-old ruling, what matters is today. And today natural gas and its associated spinoffs is driving this worthless Obama-ladan economy.

EPA be damned. And they ARE a damnable bunch.

You are welcome to your opinions, I simply see no compelling reason to agree with, or share them.

No, we just understand the end game...you clearly don't.

Doesn't matter what age-old ruling, what matters is today. And today natural gas and its associated spinoffs is driving this worthless Obama-ladan economy.

With one toxic waste site for every 300 Americans, you could look at the EPA that way.

You could also be reasonable and notice that Gov. Perry once was considered a moderate, before moving to the right with all his nonsense to impress the Teabagger crowd for his political gain. Of course, you all knew that because no one can fool your kind!

Only the wingnuts think the EPA is strict.

What percentage of our nuclear facilities don't have radioactive tritium in the ground water below?

If someone is doing a very large project, you would think in the over 42 years after President Nixon proposed it and the EPA started operation that someone would figure out the rules and plan ahead for an Environmental Impact Report. Nixon proposed the EPA after the Cuyahoga River, which runs into Lake Erie "caught fire" and the Santa Barbara oil spill.

11-3-52.jpg

Cuyahoga River of Cleveland, Ohio, "catching fire"

Funny how you damn the oil companies for their environmental damage but turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of birds killed by windmill companies...eh Lucy?

A despot can't be removed. the EPA is the despot here, they can make rulings based on nothing but their desire punish those they don't like. They will be the death of this countries ability to do business and when that happens the real revolution will begin as the people begin to starve.

Since when did someone's free speech lashing out at big government become treason?

You are welcome to your opinions, I simply see no compelling reason to agree with, or share them.

No, we just understand the end game...you clearly don't.

You think you understand the end game, but your kind will cost the world more money, people's lives and destroy the ecosystem in the process.

With one toxic waste site for every 300 Americans, you could look at the EPA that way.

You could also be reasonable and notice that Gov. Perry once was considered a moderate, before moving to the right with all his nonsense to impress the Teabagger crowd for his political gain. Of course, you all knew that because no one can fool your kind!

Only the wingnuts think the EPA is strict.

What percentage of our nuclear facilities don't have radioactive tritium in the ground water below?

If someone is doing a very large project, you would think in the over 42 years after President Nixon proposed it and the EPA started operation that someone would figure out the rules and plan ahead for an Environmental Impact Report. Nixon proposed the EPA after the Cuyahoga River, which runs into Lake Erie "caught fire" and the Santa Barbara oil spill.

11-3-52.jpg

Cuyahoga River of Cleveland, Ohio, "catching fire"

Funny how you damn the oil companies for their environmental damage but turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of birds killed by windmill companies...eh Lucy?

I'm sure you counted the birds, right?

I've seen them fall from the sky at oil refineries and power plants.

A despot can't be removed. the EPA is the despot here, they can make rulings based on nothing but their desire punish those they don't like. They will be the death of this countries ability to do business and when that happens the real revolution will begin as the people begin to starve.

The EPA bends over backwards for business in America and gives them plenty of time to make changes. How did we get a toxic waste site for every 300 Americans?

You ought to know by now, you are going to be extinct as a political power, so either get with the program or leave!

Do you think those victims of climate change are going to support your nonsense?

Since when did someone's free speech lashing out at big government become treason?

Since when did people become stupid enough to support a Governor talking about seceding from the United States?

Try it sometime and see if you people aren't tried for treason! You can leave, but you aren't taking the country with you.

Typical authoritarian without any power. I say you jump. But if you don't comply, I know it's because I'm not endowed with the power yet. But I'm hopeful to rule over you.

Forum List

Back