EPA gets a stunning defeat after arbitrarily attempting to change the law.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
This is typical of the shit that the criminal feds pull on people that makes it all but impossible to make a living:

"Under the terms of the Clean Water Act, people who are harmed by EPA rules like the WOTUS regulation can sue in any federal district court, within six years of the rule’s issuance. But the EPA unilaterally rewrote that provision, decreeing that lawsuits could be filed only in federal courts of appeal. This twisting of the law allowed just 120 days to file WOTUS challenges and concentrated all cases in a single appellate court.

“If the EPA had succeeded in blocking victims of the WOTUS rule from seeking redress, other agencies would have tried similar ploys,” Burling noted. “The Supreme Court’s rejection of the EPA’s power play strengthens everyone’s right to challenge bureaucratic abuses, all across the governmental landscape.”

So no, enviroloons. You don't get to just dictate "we changed the rules and now you must obey them". The Bundy dismissal and now this..it has been a good season for those of us in rural lands and near the ocean, who just want to make a fucking living the way we always have.

U.S. Supreme Court blocks the EPA’s scheme to escape judicial review

"Holding: Because the Waters of the United States Rule – a definition of the statutory term “waters of the United States” proffered by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers in a 2015 regulation – falls outside the ambit of Section 1369(b)(1) of the Clean Water Act, challenges to the rule must be filed in federal district courts.

Judgment: Reversed and remanded, 9-0, in an opinion by Justice Sotomayor on January 22, 2018."

National Association of Manufacturers v. Department of Defense - SCOTUSblog

Last edited:
"the Government’s “practical effects” test is not grounded in the statute, renders other statutory language superfluous, and ignores Congress’ decision to grant courts of appeals exclusive jurisdiction only over seven enumerated types of EPA actions set forth in §1369(b)(1). Pp. 9–15. (2) The Government fares no better under subparagraph (F), which grants courts of appeals exclusive and original jurisdiction to review any EPA action “in issuing or denying any permit under section 1342.” §1369(b)(1)(F). That provision does not cover the WOTUS Rule, which neither issues nor denies NPDES permits issued under §1342.

It looks like the days of the feds just arbitrarily declaring "The law has changed, we're doing it different now, screw you all!" are over.

Good for SCOTUS. Finally getting something right.

MAGA.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-299_8nk0.pdf

"...the Government’s “practical effects” test is not grounded in the statute, renders other statutory language superfluous, and ignores Congress’ decision to grant courts of appeals exclusive jurisdiction only over seven enumerated types of EPA actions set forth in §1369(b)(1). Pp. 9–15. (2) The Government fares no better under subparagraph (F), which grants courts of appeals exclusive and original jurisdiction to review any EPA action “in issuing or denying any permit under section 1342.” §1369(b)(1)(F). That provision does not cover the WOTUS Rule, which neither issues nor denies NPDES permits issued under §1342."

Looks like the days of the feds just arbitrarily changing the law to suit their power/land grab has come to an end.

Finally the SCOTUS is getting it right.

MAGA.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-299_8nk0.pdf

My late grandfather battled the EPA.

Bunch of Nazis.

Unconstitutional brownshirted thugs.

I think it's hilarious that one of the first things Trump did as president was to shut down their internet to stop their vicious trolling. I laughed my ass off, and I've been laughing ever since.

Bunch of Nazis.

I think it's hilarious that one of the first things Trump did as president was to shut down their internet to stop their vicious trolling. I laughed my ass off, and I've been laughing ever since.

It was over a retention pond. One of the goons said it would never be built...lol we fish in that pond now. My grandfather wouldn't back down

Bunch of Nazis.

It was over a retention pond. One of the goons said it would never be built...lol we fish in that pond now. My grandfather wouldn't back down
He's lucky they didn't kill him.

Bunch of Nazis.

He's lucky they didn't kill him.

A few would probably died tryin. My grandpa was vicious. Old school Irish brawler

it has been a good season for those of us in rural lands and near the ocean, who just want to make a fucking living the way we always have.
Screwing public waterways with your runoff?

Look to your filthy disgusting cities and towns and commie shitpiles if you want to see mismanagement. Then you will understand why we don't need you.

Local management of resources. We are allowed to contest the feds in local federal courts. They want to shit on us in the rural lands, they can get dragged to court in the rural lands.

Here's a great picture of EPA *management* and *protection*:

iStock_72047949_MEDIUM.jpg

it has been a good season for those of us in rural lands and near the ocean, who just want to make a fucking living the way we always have.
Screwing public waterways with your runoff?

Nope, were you not a brain dead progressive you would know that the epa's WOTUS bull crap was an attempt to take control of PRIVATE water sources such as canals, ponds and other man made objects by reclassifying them as wetlands.

But you ARE a brain dead progressive.

attempt to take control of PRIVATE water sources such as canals, ponds and other man made objects by reclassifying them as wetlands.
Like those private sources never come into contact with public waterways while making a living as the owners always have..

Rather amusingly, we just had a national election decided in some part by protection of rivers from agri-business runoff and use. I can see that would never be allowed to happen in the US.

This is typical of the shit that the criminal feds pull on people that makes it all but impossible to make a living:

"Under the terms of the Clean Water Act, people who are harmed by EPA rules like the WOTUS regulation can sue in any federal district court, within six years of the rule’s issuance. But the EPA unilaterally rewrote that provision, decreeing that lawsuits could be filed only in federal courts of appeal. This twisting of the law allowed just 120 days to file WOTUS challenges and concentrated all cases in a single appellate court.

“If the EPA had succeeded in blocking victims of the WOTUS rule from seeking redress, other agencies would have tried similar ploys,” Burling noted. “The Supreme Court’s rejection of the EPA’s power play strengthens everyone’s right to challenge bureaucratic abuses, all across the governmental landscape.”

So no, enviroloons. You don't get to just dictate "we changed the rules and now you must obey them". The Bundy dismissal and now this..it has been a good season for those of us in rural lands and near the ocean, who just want to make a fucking living the way we always have.

U.S. Supreme Court blocks the EPA’s scheme to escape judicial review
The EPA is 100% corrupt, they be abolished

Forum List

Back