Environmental Catastrophe Awaits - In 1980!

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Toro, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,094
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/opini...1201157736917.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

2. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You... can't be serious... can you?

I don't believe in any kind of apocalypse, but I do believe the quality of life will continue to decline, AS IT HAS.

http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/HRQOL/TrendV.asp?State=1&Category=1&Measure=1

So, since everything is getting better... I wonder why health is on a steady decline.. care to explain?

3. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
  4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,094
    People are living longer. Care to explain?

By most measures, we are better off today than we were 100 years ago, 50 years ago, 20 years ago.

There are a number of possible reasons for your question, from the caloric intake to how people assess their own health.

5. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Great. People are living longer, shittier lives. This is a cause for celebration, really! Break out the champagne and streamers.

6. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,094
    Its fascinating that you are complaining on a medium that makes communication and commerce easier which didn't even exist as a ubiquitous entity 15 years ago.

Things sure are terrible.

7. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm not saying it's all bad. I have personally led a relatively happy life, but I also don't pay income tax, and was saved from watching rubbish propaganda media by some friends of mine. But I see the majority of American's leading empty useless little lives, living in poverty and repression. People have lost their sense of purpose, accepting increasingly shitty jobs and shittier pay. Jobs that remove them from any kind of meaning in life. The average credit card debt is 15 thousand dollars, people are digging ditches for themselves, buying shit they don't need with money they don't have, only to be in so much debt that they have to get another job.... It's not any kind of life to be leading, and this speaks of many working class families busting their ass to feed their kids.

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    And on the other hand....

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opini...-up-in-our-face/2008/02/02/1201801097280.html

Good that we're discussing it at least - we need to keep our rulers apprised.

9. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    What majority of American's do you think you're seeing exctltley? Seeing as how you don't live here. Please do tell us what kind of life we should be leading. Or are you not familiar with the concept of freedom.

10. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I do live here, genius. Get your false accusations straight before you throw them at me. Thanks, citizen.

As far as the kind of life you should be leading: you need to figure that out for yourself. I'm not trying to tell you how to live... just pointing out what I have seen in the 5 states I have lived in. Your freedom is being taken away day by day, and unless you wake up sooner than later you wont be familiar with the concept yourself.