In the words of Joe Soucherey......

I didn't know Global Warming was still in dispute. There's actually people left should don't believe in Global Warming?

There are plenty of people left who aren't playing "Chicken Little" and demanding we "do something" PRIOR TO identifying what, if any, Man's part in it is.

So if you're speaking in regard to effecting a cure prior to identifying the cause, yeah, it's still in dispute.

I also have a problem with the Holier-than-thou bunch trying to hold the US to a higher standard than anyone else. How does being an "undeveloped" nation make one's contribution to greenhouse gases and/or environmental pollution in general any less? Because the quantity is less?

I've also got a problem with non-industrial nations trying to set an impossible standard for industrial nations simply because that standard has no real effect on them.

Just like every other political issue nowadays, it's the fearmongering that is being addressed, not the real issue.

There are plenty of people left who aren't playing "Chicken Little" and demanding we "do something" PRIOR TO identifying what, if any, Man's part in it is.

So if you're speaking in regard to effecting a cure prior to identifying the cause, yeah, it's still in dispute.

I also have a problem with the Holier-than-thou bunch trying to hold the US to a higher standard than anyone else. How does being an "undeveloped" nation make one's contribution to greenhouse gases and/or environmental pollution in general any less? Because the quantity is less?

I've also got a problem with non-industrial nations trying to set an impossible standard for industrial nations simply because that standard has no real effect on them.

Just like every other political issue nowadays, it's the fearmongering that is being addressed, not the real issue.
How do you feel about pollution? How do you feel about carcinogens? How do you feel about fossil fuels? These things are killing us. Whether you believe in Global Warming or not should not matter as much as the basic fact that we are destroying the vital elements we need to exist; air, water, soil.

Besides, the truth of global warming is that the earth does go through cycles of warming and cooling. our activities are escalating those cycles and giving them a larger impact. So our storms become more violent and our weather more severe.

But what does that matter if we cannot breathe the air, drink the water or produce food that doesn't make us sick?

How do you feel about pollution? How do you feel about carcinogens? How do you feel about fossil fuels? These things are killing us. Whether you believe in Global Warming or not should not matter as much as the basic fact that we are destroying the vital elements we need to exist; air, water, soil.

Besides, the truth of global warming is that the earth does go through cycles of warming and cooling. our activities are escalating those cycles and giving them a larger impact. So our storms become more violent and our weather more severe.

But what does that matter if we cannot breathe the air, drink the water or produce food that doesn't make us sick?

I have no problem with addressing pollution. That's something that is real and the cause identifiable. But let's call it ... oh I don't know ... how about "pollution?"

I have no problem with addressing pollution. That's something that is real and the cause identifiable. But let's call it ... oh I don't know ... how about "pollution?"

Global warming and pollution are separate problems caused by some of the same factors.. which is why you cant address one without addressing the other. Car exhaust causes pollution and contributes CO2 to the atmosphere.

Forum List

Back