ENTIRE impeachment thing makes no sense

Seems like a apt description of three years of Trump’s administration.

He did both, by the way. It’s just that because this is a political process, it needs public support. If this were a legitimate criminal proceeding, it would have been over ages ago.
It is an apt description, because that's exactly what the democrats did in their hounding of Trump. They bounced from "He's icky", to "He colluded", to "Extortion", to "Bribery", and now "Obstruction of Congress". It's reached ludicrous levels. As for impeachment, it certainly needs public support, because it's a very weak case from which to get rid of a president.

Extortion, bribery and abuse of office are different ways to describe similar behavior. Obstruction is obvious.

There’s not really any counter narrative. All Trump has to do is sit back, obstruct any attempts at oversight and say “you can’t prove it”. Sorry, but he’s acting like a thug.
How can one obstruct his own employees? This is a new one.

all trump has to do is testify under oath and bring his cartel with him -

yanno- like Bill Clinton did -
He has to testify to his intent? He released the call transcript. Clinton was caught lying cause of the dress.

why wont trump testify under oath

Clinton did - lied - got caught - and IMPECHED

Trumps turn to put up or STFU

What? He’s obstructing Congress.
By doing what? Legally taking things to court? What's your hurry, really want something done before the election?
Well, since Trump is trying to corrupt the election, I’d say it’s pretty important we get this figured out by then.

What’s wrong with demanding transparency?
He is? And you have proof of that? Because intent is nearly impossible to prove. 2016 was mentioned several times. 2020 never. Not illegal to investigate what happened in 2016. Trump claims that was the intent. How do you prove him wrong? How do you prove intent?
Biden was also mentioned. Perhaps you missed that bit.

You prove intent in a lot of ways. I’ve been describing them here.
what is he king and you can't say his name now? hly fk junior, you got you some issues.

By doing what? Legally taking things to court? What's your hurry, really want something done before the election?
Well, since Trump is trying to corrupt the election, I’d say it’s pretty important we get this figured out by then.

He is? And you have proof of that? Because intent is nearly impossible to prove. 2016 was mentioned several times. 2020 never. Not illegal to investigate what happened in 2016. Trump claims that was the intent. How do you prove him wrong? How do you prove intent?

Biden regarding 2016 when he was VP. Perhaps you missed that.

He is? How is he doing that? He released the fucking call transcript.
Are you not aware that Trump has a blanket order to ignore all House document requests and subpoenas?
Yes. He believes it to be a witch hunt. Holder did the same thing under Obama. It too was a witch hunt.
Holder did not order a blanket denial of all subpoenas.
Holder just refused to appear. Why was that?

Are you sure about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...its-mistakes/2011/11/08/gIQAbaC81M_story.html

It is an apt description, because that's exactly what the democrats did in their hounding of Trump. They bounced from "He's icky", to "He colluded", to "Extortion", to "Bribery", and now "Obstruction of Congress". It's reached ludicrous levels. As for impeachment, it certainly needs public support, because it's a very weak case from which to get rid of a president.

Extortion, bribery and abuse of office are different ways to describe similar behavior. Obstruction is obvious.

There’s not really any counter narrative. All Trump has to do is sit back, obstruct any attempts at oversight and say “you can’t prove it”. Sorry, but he’s acting like a thug.

He has to testify to his intent? He released the call transcript. Clinton was caught lying cause of the dress.

Trump released the fucking transcript your leftist twit

Biden is deeply involved in Ukraine. Natural that he should be mentioned. Trump did not, however, demand an investigation into Biden or he would hold back the funds.

Who quoted Trump directly saying that he wanted a quid pro quo? And who said, when directly asked, that Trump told him he did NOT want a QPQ?
When did Trump say that exactly? That’s right. After he was made aware of the whistleblower account. Hardly exculpatory.

One thing that I did notice about that little phone call account. Trump never brought that up before Sondland did. He has never added any more details than Sondland provided. This tells me one of two things. Either it never happened (there’s been some reporting to this effect) or Trump doesn’t even remember it.

Anyway, do you think Trump has to literally say the words or do you think he would couch it in language that gives him deniability but make it totally clear exactly what he wanted?
Words mean things, and unless you have clear evidence that someone meant one thing when they said something completely different, you can't prosecute them for it. In this case, Trump literally said he did NOT want a quid pro quo. Now, that means you're going to have to have something a lot more convincing than a handful of people saying things like, "I presume the president wanted one", or "I assumed when he said he didn't want one that he really meant he did", or, "everyone in the office thought he wanted one", and things like that.

Actions speak louder than words. If I stick a gun in a bank tellers face and say “this isn’t a robbery but if you feel generous put the cash in the bag”, how would that go?
More accurately, how is it robbing a bank if none of the tellers say you ever stuck a gun in your face, but someone who hates you insists that you did?
The aid was held up, wasn’t it?
trump's allowed to . still no crime.

He is? How is he doing that? He released the fucking call transcript.
Are you not aware that Trump has a blanket order to ignore all House document requests and subpoenas?
Yes. He believes it to be a witch hunt. Holder did the same thing under Obama. It too was a witch hunt.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...its-mistakes/2011/11/08/gIQAbaC81M_story.html
Post is fake news. I am Positive. Why do u care you’re not American

Who just happens to be the front runner in the current election. Do you think that Trump just so happens to want an investigation into Biden at the same time he’s running for president? Kind of a big coincidence. Isn’t it?

Are you sure about that?

Post is fake news. I am Positive. Why do u care you’re not American

Fake news? Does that mean you think that Holder’s testimony never happened?

HE RFUSES TO FUCKING TESTIFY !

Who just happens to be the front runner in the current election. Do you think that Trump just so happens to want an investigation into Biden at the same time he’s running for president? Kind of a big coincidence. Isn’t it?
He's not the nominee yet, and his fortunes rise and fall depending on how much exposure he gets and how stupid his opponents are.

Seems like a apt description of three years of Trump’s administration.

He did both, by the way. It’s just that because this is a political process, it needs public support. If this were a legitimate criminal proceeding, it would have been over ages ago.

You never know, President Trump may well testify under oath before the US Senate.

But he hasn't had that opportunity yet, the articles of impeachment haven't been voted on yet.
If Trump testifies, that would be amazing. He refused to testify for Mueller, I imagine he still knows he’s a hand grenade in the witness box.

HE RFUSES TO FUCKING TESTIFY !
Who has tried to compel him to do so? Heck, I wouldn't show up in court to testify if I didn't at least get a summons to do so.

He's not the nominee yet, and his fortunes rise and fall depending on how much exposure he gets and how stupid his opponents are.
He’s still the front runner and someone who consistently polls well ahead of Trump especially compared to the other Democrats.

There’s a clear interest. Giuliani said so himself. It’s obvious.

again, for now the third time for you, you know that a citizen can challenge subpoenas, right? so exactly is doing what's legal, obstruction? please explain.
Trump hasn’t challenged any subpoenas. He’s just ignored them. What do you think would happen if you just ignored a subpoena?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...91498a-a3eb-11e9-b8c8-75dae2607e60_story.html

and there is this

Executive privilege - Wikipedia

1. Couldn’t impeach him until he did something impeachable.

2. Abuse of office is close enough.

3. The trade deal with get a few days of coverage maybe. This takes away the talking point that the House is too focused on impeachment to do anything else.

4. Appeasing the base is enough. Obama, Schiff, Biden. None of them are going to testify in the Senate.

5. It’s a fair point. Seems to be why they’re trying to get it done so quickly.

He's being impeached for winning the election. That's the bottom line.

You guys do what you want. The American people aren't going to support this over something so petty and you may very well walk this man right back into the White House another four years when you could have defeated him by simply acting like mature adults.

Just remember that whatever you do to the Republicans they can turn right around and do it back to you at the next opportunity.

And yet they waited for years after he won to impeach him. Well, that’s because Trump has to give them something to impeach him for.

You don’t think the American people care if the president is trying to cheat in the election?

They've been talking impeachment from day one of Trumps presidency.
And then had to wait for three years for him to do something to deserve it.

it’s not terribly surprising. Trump has no idea what he’s doing.
Still, not one of you liars can tell us what he has done or prove it. When cornered you just lie more.

Last edited:

He’s still the front runner and someone who consistently polls well ahead of Trump especially compared to the other Democrats.

There’s a clear interest. Giuliani said so himself. It’s obvious.
who cares what you think now that I know you don't vote in our elections. go away to your country and take care of your issues now. run along punk.

You never know, President Trump may well testify under oath before the US Senate.

But he hasn't had that opportunity yet, the articles of impeachment haven't been voted on yet.
If Trump testifies, that would be amazing. He refused to testify for Mueller, I imagine he still knows he’s a hand grenade in the witness box.

Actually, he did testify for Mueller, answering a long written interrogatory.

Forum List

Back