Bigotry in popular media

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Some popular music artists in the 90s and 2000s such as Eminem and other 'gangster rappers' made songs about attacking "faggots". And I can guarantee you that popular music was more popular with youth than "old people" shows like "Will and Grace".

As far as I'm aware, no one on the "left" ever bothered to call out the popularization of bigotry in these mediums, why is this?

• Banned
M-O-N-E-Y
True, I'm sure there's a marketing incentive, and some will always argue that if it's "art or entertainment", it's just a fantasy, and is excusable, much like how a "violent video game" isn't the same as murdering someone.

Even then, it shows how much cognitive dissonance there is, and how insincere or inept many of these "fads" are - such as arguing that the TV show "Will and Grace" helped acceptance of gay people, when it was the same decade which popularized artists who made songs about "beating up faggots".

In the liberal entertainment industry, bigotry is an "entitlement."

• Banned
Funny, and none of the "fads" were ever sincere for the most part, such as the "LGBT" rights fad, which was never about discrimination or prejudice on the whole (e.x. midgets probably face more daily discrimination than an average "gay person" does), but solely about little special interest groups and their identarian politics.

That's why no one is buying it any longer, and the "social justice" fads are the laughing stock of social media. (None of the mainstream social media, to the best of my knowledge are fans of the "white nationalists, alt right, or supremacists", but making fun of the "social justice warriors" seems to be very popular, them having been reduced to the "religious fundamentalists" who were a point of contention during the archaic "New Atheism" fad of the early 2000s).

Funny, and none of the "fads" were ever sincere for the most part, such as the "LGBT" rights fad, which was never about discrimination or prejudice on the whole (e.x. midgets probably face more daily discrimination than an average "gay person" does), but solely about little special interest groups and their identarian politics.

That's why no one is buying it any longer, and the "social justice" fads are the laughing stock of social media. (None of the mainstream social media, to the best of my knowledge are fans of the "white nationalists, alt right, or supremacists", but making fun of the "social justice warriors" seems to be very popular, them having been reduced to the "religious fundamentalists" who were a point of contention during the archaic "New Atheism" fad of the early 2000s).

like rw media outlets ignoring Trump/GOP hypocrisy as if it didnt exist ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Forum List

Back