Entering College Age?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Opportunity opens if you have the grades. I know of two young people that just graduated from West Point. It's a great chance, if you have the qualifications:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166538,00.html

2. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    i would have applied to the air force back in 99 had i not needed corrective lenses...i would probably be in Iraq right now, kicking terrorist ass. i wanted to fly the planes (specifically the F16 Falcon) SO bad, but because i needed contacts, they said no go on that part. :cry:

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I got into the Naval Academy in 2000 and would probably be in the Iraqi theater had I not broken my leg during basic.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I would have been Einstein if I had any brains. I would have been Beethoven with any talent. But I definitely have enough brains not to be putting my life on the line for Halliburton.

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Is this statement an admission that the poster has neither brains nor talent?

Seeking clarification becuase if I didn't know better, I would get the impression that the poster thinks that all graduates of the military academies are either driven by the desire to work for Halburton or are stupid.

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I just thought it was funny how the previous posters said they "would have" been over there kicking terrorist ass if not for their poor health. Yeah, right.

I would have singlehandedly saved all of the tsunami victims, but I wasn't there.

I have tons of brains and talent!
    ;) ;) ;)

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Oh I got that insunuation just fine....it was the part about having enough brains not to put your life on the line for Halburton.....that statement implies that military folks are too stupid (in your estimation) to realize they are being used ... and that implication is what I am really in opposition too....

8. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    My four years at West Point were the best investment in my personal development I could have asked for. It was an honor to spend five years on active duty as "payback." I highly recommend the service academies to any high school graduate who loves their country and wants to expand their potential.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I'm sure that's the case and congratulations. But if brave boys #1 and #2 really want to "kick terrorist ass" but they are substandard physically for our military aren't there other options? How about becoming a "contractor" (right wing politically correct terminology for mercenary) and "kicking terrorist ass"? Bragging about what they "would have" done on the internet doesn't disturb one hair on one terrorist ass.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

even more than your job NOW??? :)

And Fuzzy - there is a waiver for EVERYTHING. So you couldn't fly F16s. Big whoop. Fly rotary-wing...or other planes. Or, just be a Finance Officer. Or an Ordinance Officer. Lots of ways to serve.