English? Fallout From Protests?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, May 18, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_86096.asp

Breaking News
    May 18, 2006

Frist, Alexander Vote For Bill Making English The National Language
    posted May 18, 2006

U.S. Senators Bill Frist (R-TN) and Lamar Alexander (R-TN) today cosponsored an amendment to the immigration reform bill by Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) declaring English to be the national language of the United States.

“Although we are a proud nation of immigrants, our common language is and must continue to be English,” Frist said. “The English language is one of the common threads that weave our diverse society together, and a universal language is a prerequisite when people from different cultures come together to forge a single nation. Establishing English as the national language for government operations reflects both a historical reality and an expectation that those who immigrate to the United States will learn and know the language.”

“This amendment is as important as any amendment which is being offered during this debate because it helps take our magnificent diversity and make it something even more magnificent,” Alexander said. “It recognizes that only a few things unite us: the principles of our founding documents and our common language. We are proud of where we have come from, where our ancestors have come from, but to make this land of immigrants truly one country, we must have and honor our national language, and that language is English.”

The Inhofe amendment:

States that English is the national language of the United States, but does not prevent those receiving government services in another language from continuing to do so; Establishes a clean English language precedent for those immigrants who will be able to adjust their status under the immigration reform bill, and; Establishes clear goals for the test that immigrants take to become new citizens, so that they demonstrate an understanding of English and of American history.

The amendment passed the Senate late this afternoon by a vote of 63 to 34.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Sounds like a little momentum is getting started here.

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,168
    Let's be thankful for our victories, no matter how small. :dance: :salute:

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Too early to dance I think---I keep hearing this whole bill is gonna stall out until after the election. I will allow myself a little smile tho!! :teeth:

6. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,168
    I don't know... I think some of the politicians are starting to get it... that if they don't start acting like they have a pair, they're going to be out of a job.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    But they have such a great way of looking busy and manage to get nothing done. :sleep:

8. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,168
    Yeah well... the ones looking busy getting nothing done will be the ones looking for another job in November.

No matter HOW bad it gets, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER vote for a liberal, but I won't vote a spineless conservative into office either, or one that's been ignoring his electorate. I'll vote the middle, or write one in, I don't care. Just someone who says they're going to do what I want them to do.

1). Close the border. Not next month, not next week, TODAY!

2). Fine the holy dog shit out of employers giving jobs to illegal ALIENS. Hear that people? Illegal ALIENS!!! Not fucking "immigrants"... ALIENS!!!!

3). Start deporting ANY illegal ALIEN that law enforcement comes into contact with.

4). Make it illegal to rent to an illegal ALIEN.

5). Put a 50% surcharge on all money wire transfers to mexico.

6). Build a wall, THE WHOLE LENGTH.

7). Cut off ALL welfare and handouts to non-citizens.

8). Babies born to illegal ALIENS in America will NOT be citizens.

9). Flying the mexican flag above the American flag will carry a prison sentence.

10). Send ALL mexican inmates presently imprisoned in America BACK to mexico.

And last but not least...

DECLARE WAR ON mexico.... :teeth:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    I am just curious how you think this will help. I mean assume we beat them... which we will. What do we win? Do we annex mexico? Well then we have to deal with all the immigrants you want to get rid of and now they are just pissed. Do we do nothing? then what was the point of fighting?

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Oil...its all about oil! Plus, we can use all the conquered Mexicans as cannon fodder in our army that is hell bent on world domination and establishing the new world order. Once we have as many of those as we need we will generate a hurricane and send it into Mexico City cause we hate Mexicans.

Sarcasm, folks.