English as the Official Language

Rep Steve King Announces Hearing on English as Official Language | Fox News Latino

1. Encourages peoplE to learn English
2. Govt operations presented in English
3. Requirement for citizenship

No one will be prevented from speaking pig Latin if they wish to. Why do libs immediately think people would be silenced or jailed? Oh wait. I know why...

Except that if you're telling someone they have to speak English to be a citizen that IS preventing them from speaking their native language. And of course no one really thinks they're going to be jailed if they don't learn it. That's another reason this shit is DUMB and completely pointless.

Way to miss the point so fucking completely, TeaBagger Vance.

Of course, English is already required for citizenship.

Not having English as the official language just gives people an excuse not to learn it.

This is the absolute truth. You can't move to any other country in the world and expect to get by not knowing the language. Grow up we speak english in the US. Learn it or leave, your choice.

Except that if you're telling someone they have to speak English to be a citizen that IS preventing them from speaking their native language.

Um, NO you are not. (Wtf? Is this really so hard to understand?)

That's right...they changed it in 2003 or so, yeah? But it's a test of basic understanding if I remember correctly. Who cares? So they test them to make sure they can read street signs and hospital signs and shit. No need to make an official language then, right? What good does it do, seriously?

Rep Steve King Announces Hearing on English as Official Language | Fox News Latino

1. Encourages peoplE to learn English
2. Govt operations presented in English
3. Requirement for citizenship

No one will be prevented from speaking pig Latin if they wish to. Why do libs immediately think people would be silenced or jailed? Oh wait. I know why...

Steve King is one of the biggest douche bags in Congress. He hates Muslims, he hates Hispanics.....and the radical right eats it up

That's right...they changed it in 2003 or so, yeah? But it's a test of basic understanding if I remember correctly. Who cares? So they test them to make sure they can read street signs and hospital signs and shit.

It has been part of the Citizenship Test for a very long time and involves much more than reading street signs. You might have bothered to know what you were talking about before posting.

That's right...they changed it in 2003 or so, yeah? But it's a test of basic understanding if I remember correctly. Who cares? So they test them to make sure they can read street signs and hospital signs and shit.

It has been part of the Citizenship Test for a very long time and involves much more than reading street signs. You might have bothered to know what you were talking about before posting.

*sigh*

Shut the fuck up. Seriously. Shut the fuck up. If you don't know what a metaphor or analogy is (the street sign bit), then you have no business discussing anything else. What the fuck do you think "Basic understanding of English" really means? They're not drilling them on the conjugation of six syllable words in the pluperfect tense and shit, Stupes.

My God...the stupid. It burns.

*sigh*

Shut the fuck up. Seriously. Shut the fuck up. If you don't know what a metaphor or analogy is (the street sign bit), then you have no business discussing anything else. What the fuck do you think "Basic understanding of English" really means? They're not drilling them on the conjugation of six syllable words in the pluperfect tense and shit, Stupes.

Wow, that is some of the most failed, transparent cover-your-ass spin I've seen in a while. If you had bothered to know what the fuck you were talking about before posting you wouldn't have ended up feeling so stupid that you had to post an embarrassing excuse like that.

USCIS - Study for the Test

*sigh*

Wow, that is some of the most failed, transparent cover-your-ass spin I've seen in a while. If you had bothered to know what the fuck you were talking about before posting you wouldn't have ended up feeling so stupid that you had to post an embarrassing excuse like that.

It's not spin, you dumb fuck. I used a comparative analogy. If YOU chose to take it literally, that's your fucking fault. I can't be bothered to educate you on how the English language actually works.

From your own link:

Speaking Test
Your ability to speak English will be determined by a USCIS Officer during your eligibility interview on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

Reading Test
You must read one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to read in English.

Writing Test
You must write one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to write in English.

Yeah, those are basically the equivalent of making sure you can read street signs and ask where the bathroom is and shit. They're not tests of fluency. Goddamn you're dumb.

Last edited:
*sigh*

It's not spin, you dumb fuck. I used a comparative analogy. If YOU chose to take it literally, that's your fucking fault. I can't be bothered to educate you on how the English language actually works.

From your own link:

Speaking Test
Your ability to speak English will be determined by a USCIS Officer during your eligibility interview on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

Reading Test
You must read one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to read in English.

Writing Test
You must write one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to write in English.

Yeah, those are basically the equivalent of making sure you can read street signs and ask where the bathroom is and shit. They're not tests of fluency. Goddamn you're dumb.

Stop. You are humiliating yourself. Cut your losses and stop digging the hole.

Not having English as the official language just gives people an excuse not to learn it.

This is the absolute truth. You can't move to any other country in the world and expect to get by not knowing the language. Grow up we speak english in the US. Learn it or leave, your choice.

Fortunately the United States isn’t every other country in the world.

From your own link:

Speaking Test

Reading Test

Writing Test

Stop. You are humiliating yourself. Cut your losses and stop digging the hole.

Psssssst. Just because you THINK you won the argument, doesn't make it reality. You're the one who chose to take a comparative analogy literally. That's on you, Pikachu.

It's too bad you put yourself in a position where you have to do this to yourself. It is painful to watch.

Fortunately the United States isn’t every other country in the world.

No matter where you go in the world, you find people who speak English. It is only in America where it is difficult to find multilingual people

Now conservatives are whining if we try to accommodate other languages

The Peanut Man tried to force Americans to accept the metric system but nobody took him seriously even when speed limits were given in km per hour as well as mph and new cars had the speedometer calibrated in Km as well as mph.. Americans finally laughed Carter out of the W.H. Who would have thought that Americans would have to consider a law calling for English as the "official language"? My guess is that the rest of the democrat party hypocrite rabble will be laughed out of Washington this fall.

Actually, the Push to convert to the metric system like the rest of the world was started by Richard Nixon and carried on by Jerry Ford. And it's kind of a pity they didn't succeed, because it's one of the things that makes us a lot less competitive in the world.

Forum List

Back