Enemy Mine?

The interesting thing is that the graduates are more likely to qualify for the highest security clearance than Barry is. Had he not been publicly elected and had had to undergo a background check, he, based on past associations, probably couldn't qualify to attend the event.

My mistake as I believe it may just be the officers who wear the ceremonial swords, rather than the graduating cadets. I haven't found any information that any other president has ever ordered officers to not wear their ceremonial swords.

Interesting point on Barry's background and his clearance to attend, if he hadn't been elected.

Huh? You mean the background checks would have been different somehow? Or are you implying that all guests of the ceremony must have security clearances? :cuckoo:

You are dense, aren't ya Maggie? Point being, if Barry wasn't POTUS his background check, his past associations, would likely have kept him from getting any type of clearance. :rolleyes:

No solitary man with a sword is going to kill the President.

Several men with swords, could.

What would it say of the President if he was killed by our country's finest with ceremonial swords?

What would it say of our country?

Personally, I like the idea but I know I'm a radical.

And unAmerican to boot. At least you admit it.

How is it unAmerican?

For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace. Naval officers must therefore understand not only how to fight a war, but how to use the tremendous power which they operate to sustain a world of liberty and justice, without unleashing the powerful instruments of destruction and chaos that they have at their command."
Admiral Arleigh Burke

Anyone who would suggest that a Midshipman about to be commisioned would take a ceremonial sword and do anything with it but take pride that he or she is now part of long tradition of serving officers knows little of honor, duty, or serving a nation.

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
John F. Kennedy

Who by the way wore the same sword!

Anyone who would suggest that a Midshipman about to be commissioned would take a ceremonial sword and do anything with it but take pride that he or she is now part of long tradition of serving officers knows little of honor, duty, or serving a nation.

This request came from the Obama administration. Speaks volumes.

My mistake as I believe it may just be the officers who wear the ceremonial swords, rather than the graduating cadets. I haven't found any information that any other president has ever ordered officers to not wear their ceremonial swords.

Interesting point on Barry's background and his clearance to attend, if he hadn't been elected.

Huh? You mean the background checks would have been different somehow? Or are you implying that all guests of the ceremony must have security clearances? :cuckoo:

You are dense, aren't ya Maggie? Point being, if Barry wasn't POTUS his background check, his past associations, would likely have kept him from getting any type of clearance. :rolleyes:

And yet an extensive background check has allowed him to get the highest security clearance as POTUS. Who is the dense one here? If there were anything solid in Obama's past that would have been considered a potential national security breach, rather than just "paling around with" objectionable characters, it would have been revealed during the campaign and Hillary would have won. So you've got it way backwards: You don't first become president, then apply for a security clearance. Duh...

And btw, there are NO "security clearances" required for attendees at the ceremony, only the usual security checkpoints like at airports.

Last edited:
Anyone who would suggest that a Midshipman about to be commissioned would take a ceremonial sword and do anything with it but take pride that he or she is now part of long tradition of serving officers knows little of honor, duty, or serving a nation.

Zoom I hate to be contrary on this one, and I am not a supporter of the current Administration, however, this policy wrong as it is, has been in place since 2001. The Obama Administration has carried it forward.

However, according to USNA spokeswoman Jennifer Erickson, the same restriction applied when President Bush gave the commencement address in 2005, and when Vice President Cheney spoke in 2006. In fact, the restriction is a routine security precaution that the Navy (not the White House) applies to other events at the stadium – including ordinary Naval Academy football games.
FactCheck.org: Did Obama order a "swordless graduation" at the U.S. Naval Academy?

On the other hand if US Military swords are not that much of an issue and have a very long tradition in this nation. Case in point...

West-Point_19.jpg

610x.jpg

No solitary man with a sword is going to kill the President.

Several men with swords, could.

What would it say of the President if he was killed by our country's finest with ceremonial swords?

What would it say of our country?

Personally, I like the idea but I know I'm a radical.

How is it unAmerican?

He "likes" the idea of stabbing the President of the United States? Oh yeah, now THERE'S the kind of "American" being mass produced these days which makes me want to vomit.

Indeed it does. Stop with the threats, and those kinds of requests might just go away.

Indeed it does. Stop with the threats, and those kinds of requests might just go away.

yeah, no one ever threatened a president's life before obama........:eusa_whistle:

and as has been pointed out repeatedly, obama had nothing to do with the policy.

yeah, no one ever threatened a president's life before obama........:eusa_whistle:
Not once before he was elected and twice since then.

and as has been pointed out repeatedly, obama had nothing to do with the policy.

Most of the threats against Obama are all talk and no action, but you never know. I could give you a website that would blow your socks off to see the kind of ugly bigotry and threats against him, but I can't do that here. Google "political message boards" and you might just stumble upon one on the first page.

Most of the threats against Obama are all talk and no action, but you never know. I could give you a website that would blow your socks off to see the kind of ugly bigotry and threats against him, but I can't do that here. Google "political message boards" and you might just stumble upon one on the first page.

what a load of shit. you don't think other presidents and candidates have had death threats made against them ?

please.
once before elected? see robert f kennedy, george wallace

twice after elected? see garfield, lincoln, mckinley, fdr, kennedy, ford, reagan.

get a grip-loons have always been with us

what a load of shit. you don't think other presidents and candidates have had death threats made against them ?

please.

twice after elected? see garfield, lincoln, mckinley, fdr, kennedy, ford, reagan.

Maggie IS a loon
:eusa_whistle:

should we post all the websites with that kind of BS for republicans?
i mean, how many death threats have YOU assholes done for various republicans

and the difference is, we conservatives denounce BOTH sides doing that shit
you only seem to have a problem because its on your "golden child"

Zoom I hate to be contrary on this one, and I am not a supporter of the current Administration, however, this policy wrong as it is, has been in place since 2001. The Obama Administration has carried it forward.

However, according to USNA spokeswoman Jennifer Erickson, the same restriction applied when President Bush gave the commencement address in 2005, and when Vice President Cheney spoke in 2006. In fact, the restriction is a routine security precaution that the Navy (not the White House) applies to other events at the stadium – including ordinary Naval Academy football games.
FactCheck.org: Did Obama order a "swordless graduation" at the U.S. Naval Academy?

On the other hand if US Military swords are not that much of an issue and have a very long tradition in this nation. Case in point...

West-Point_19.jpg

610x.jpg

Thanks for the info Navy. I disagree with it - I'm presuming Georgie did this due to 9/11? - and think the policy should be changed and that ceremonial swords should be worn.

Last edited:

And yet an extensive background check has allowed him to get the highest security clearance as POTUS. Who is the dense one here? If there were anything solid in Obama's past that would have been considered a potential national security breach, rather than just "paling around with" objectionable characters, it would have been revealed during the campaign and Hillary would have won. So you've got it way backwards: You don't first become president, then apply for a security clearance. Duh...

And btw, there are NO "security clearances" required for attendees at the ceremony, only the usual security checkpoints like at airports.

Guess you missed the point that a blind eye has been turned to his past associations as well as his marxists roots and beliefs. Duh. You also missed the point of Vel's original post -- that if Barry were some joe average and needed a security clearance for something, he'd fail due to his past associations. Once again, duh.

How is it unAmerican?

He "likes" the idea of stabbing the President of the United States? Oh yeah, now THERE'S the kind of "American" being mass produced these days which makes me want to vomit.

Hey, I think the point has sort of been missed when I said this but what did I expect? This message board is like the real media.

The main gist was that such a death, of an President, would really show the country that not even a President is above death for his actions. That "the present race of the kings in the world" is need of reminding that "the exalting one man so greatly above the rest cannot be justified by equal rights of nature" (Thomas Paine quotes) and more importantly: a President is merely an elected official, nothing more then popular. That death, for ignoring if not actively destroying the Constitution as the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution actively sets out; is even applicable to today's kings. No one is above responsibility for their actions and indeed in this age of relativism: no action comes without consequences.

Obviously, I'm not actively hoping for Obama's death no matter how fitting I feel said philosophical act would be. Instead I would wish that people would actively expel him from the country (through first an Impeachment and secondly a mob that literally hurls him from Washington to Mexico) in a similiar, if less violent way, to show that even a President as "great" and "holy" as Obama must still obey the law.

please.

And so? Lessons were learned from those attempts. More Secret Service, no more riding around in open cars, metal dectectors, etc. I'm simply saying that with the advent of the Internet, there are even MORE "loons" who have been in the shadows and now feel free to expose their lunacy because they now have so much company that they feel "normal." If you think that's an overreach, tough shit. It ain't.

Forum List

Back