Enemy China Could Overwhelm U.S. Forces in Matter of Hours

They might be your enemy. But then for some, every Shadow is their enemy.
They are the greatest global threat to U.S. military dominance in the world. I like my country being a global hegemon.
The greatest threat to America today is Democrats in Congress.
Absolutely. I never thought I would see the day when one of our major political parties would turn 100% anti-American. I used to fucking vote Democrat! (Steelworker)

They might be your enemy. But then for some, every Shadow is their enemy.
They are the greatest global threat to U.S. military dominance in the world. I like my country being a global hegemon.
Absolutely. I never thought I would see the day when one of our major political parties would turn 100% anti-American. I used to fucking vote Democrat! (Steelworker)
---------------------------------------- What amazes me is the run of the mill poster on the board that is happy and willing to change American'ism say in gun RIGHTS or Border Control and 'immigration' as 2 examples so that they can be more like 'euro-types . I just figure that they have NO kids or Brains 'B92 .

So is the world going to finally confront these Commies, or, just continue to fund them and watch them persecute all of us?

Allowing them into the WTO was the worst mistake. Worse, it devalues WTO, and companies are selling their souls to help these Communists.

Does history repeat itself? Have we put ourselves in a defense posture in Asia similar to what we were in 1941 with Japanese Empire? China is our greatest threat in the world. Make no doubt about it, they are the enemy.
China could overwhelm US in military first strike, Australian report says - CNN
Russia seems to be keeping an eye on China as well.
Is Russia Worried About China’s Military Rise?
Rand Corporation Scorecard
An Interactive Look at the U.S.-China Military Scorecard
1) China is a potential enemy because they are a) Marxist totalitarians, and b) have what they think is rival power, and c) they cheat at absolutely everything they do. We should not let paranoia trigger a full blown Cold War as they are also a trading partner and are opening up more of their society every day.

2) There is no freaking way that China could defeat us in a war and I cannot go into too many details but we have some weapons that China has nothing comparable to because we don't show off our weapons.

3) Russia should be concerned about an overpopulated China that is on the border to millions of square miles of virtually uninhabited Russian land in Siberia.

4) A scorecard does not show the enormous complexity of a nations security concerns and is little more than a propaganda piece. Remember all those similar cards about the Soviet union? What good did it do them when they collapsed internally?

Does history repeat itself? Have we put ourselves in a defense posture in Asia similar to what we were in 1941 with Japanese Empire? China is our greatest threat in the world. Make no doubt about it, they are the enemy.
1) China is a potential enemy because they are a) Marxist totalitarians, and b) have what they think is rival power, and c) they cheat at absolutely everything they do. We should not let paranoia trigger a full blown Cold War as they are also a trading partner and are opening up more of their society every day.

2) There is no freaking way that China could defeat us in a war and I cannot go into too many details but we have some weapons that China has nothing comparable to because we don't show off our weapons.

3) Russia should be concerned about an overpopulated China that is on the border to millions of square miles of virtually uninhabited Russian land in Siberia.

4) A scorecard does not show the enormous complexity of a nations security concerns and is little more than a propaganda piece. Remember all those similar cards about the Soviet union? What good did it do them when they collapsed internally?

for a number of years I have been reading about china (and russias) military expansion. some reports (perhaps over stating the case for more money for the military) have stated that they are both very powerful and we would be hard pressed to beat them.

meanwhile...lots of other reports indicate that they are mostly paper tigers with
MUCH LESS formidable firepower and lots of weaponry that isn't anywhere near as good as they claim.

I have no idea who is correct.

I believe that if china or russia hasn't started a war yet then they probably aren't as tough as they want everyone to think. I have no doubt that should either country ever believe itself capable of winning a war against the US then they would start that war.

Millions of armed citizens. I doubt any army could overwhelm us but this isn't WWI anymore and raw manpower is highly over rated. Having said that, yes, just like pre WWII our military is not prepared for a war like that.

Millions of armed citizens. I doubt any army could overwhelm us but this isn't WWI anymore and raw manpower is highly over rated. Having said that, yes, just like pre WWII our military is not prepared for a war like that.

"Having said that, yes, just like pre WWII our military is not prepared for a war like that."

please do NOT be offended!

I ask this HONESTLY and with mild curiosity.

You said;

"Having said that, yes, just like pre WWII our military is not prepared for a war like that."

and I ask;

are you knowledgeable on this topic?
informed?
do you have any bits of data or the words of military experts that support this?

If you do I'd be interested in reading them.

I am lib-prog on social issues but when it comes to the military and international affairs i am CONSERVATIVE and definitely want our military to BE PREPARED for anything.

So do I but there is no doubt we were not ready for war prior to WWII. Especially a huge global conflict.
I'm not saying this judgmentally. Unless you were Germany or Japan, ramping up their war machine, who was ready for this grand war?
We responded to Pearl Harbor by instantly building up our Navy, Army and our machinery (planes, tanks, war ships, etc,).

But it's a matter of history. We were caught unprepared for WWII.

please do NOT be offended!

I ask this HONESTLY and with mild curiosity.

You said;

and I ask;

are you knowledgeable on this topic?
informed?
do you have any bits of data or the words of military experts that support this?

If you do I'd be interested in reading them.

I am lib-prog on social issues but when it comes to the military and international affairs i am CONSERVATIVE and definitely want our military to BE PREPARED for anything.
----------------------------------------- the 'lib progressive' is the fly in the ointment because you MAY or Probably vote 'dem' . All I know is that without the Strongest USA Military that ALL is lost ANyN ..

Millions of armed citizens. I doubt any army could overwhelm us but this isn't WWI anymore and raw manpower is highly over rated.
Lol, dude, tell that to the Taliban.

I don't think that they are aware yet that raw man power driven by sheer determination doesn't work any more.

Um. yeah. I guess.

And they'd go into recession in about a year when all their trading partners cut them off.

The fact is, China doesn't really have a great military record. They've been in the field three times since the Commies took over.

They fought the US to a draw in Korea. They fought India to a draw in 1962. They ineffectively invaded Vietnam in 1979, only got about 10 miles in, and then withdrew.

The ironic thing about China is that it is dependent on the west for trade and keeping the sea lanes open.
We have these advantages over them and a war with China would mean an instant end to any debt we owe them for $$$ borrowed to fight the Iraq War. However since the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s they have a modern state of the art military plus can enact cyber warfare and attack our economy and financial institutions.

hey are the greatest global threat to U.S. military dominance in the world. I like my country being a global hegemon.

Why? What do you personally get out of that? I mean, the rich benefit from it, but frankly, the new world order has kind of sucked for working folks.
It can work for all of us if we have a President and politicians in Washington DC that would use it to our advantage. Instead they are sucked in by K Street interest groups and sell out their own country. China, BTW, is the largest special interest group in D.C. and spend billions courting U.S. elected officials like Harry Reid when he was Majority Leader (retired now), who’s son is working with a Chinese firm making solar panels. They wanted to put their solar test farms in Nevada for its dry, sun drenched climate. One of the reasons those Nevada ranchers were having their cattle seized and being forced off federal land that ranchers had grazed on since late 1800’s. China needed the land.

Exactly. Here is the question: “How did the United States gain it’s place in history as a global leader...peace or war? War every time.
Spanish-American War
First World War
World War Two
Cold War standing against global communist domination...we won
Korean War
Vietnam War
Persian Gulf Coalition
Crushing the global terrorist threat in Afghanistan. (You can thank us later rest of the world that didn’t send troops to help)

Most of those were unnecessary and people regretted them afterwards...

The Spanish American War was fought over a LIE. (The Spanish did not blow up USS Maine). World War I was the bankers getting us involved so that the British and French wouldn't renege on their war debts like the Russians did.

Your whole list... I would say only WWII was justified....

So is the world going to finally confront these Commies, or, just continue to fund them and watch them persecute all of us?

Allowing them into the WTO was the worst mistake. Worse, it devalues WTO, and companies are selling their souls to help these Communists.

Actually, quite the contrary. As long a China is involved in the international monetary order, they have no reason to behave badly.

Heck, they aren't even moving on Taiwan and Hong Kong, which the world has ALREADY AGREED are rightfully theirs.

It can work for all of us if we have a President and politicians in Washington DC that would use it to our advantage. Instead they are sucked in by K Street interest groups and sell out their own country. China, BTW, is the largest special interest group in D.C. and spend billions courting U.S. elected officials like Harry Reid when he was Majority Leader (retired now), who’s son is working with a Chinese firm making solar panels. They wanted to put their solar test farms in Nevada for its dry, sun drenched climate. One of the reasons those Nevada ranchers were having their cattle seized and being forced off federal land that ranchers had grazed on since late 1800’s. China needed the land.

You mean they were putting it to better use? That's awesome, dude.

Of course, the only guys having their cattle seized were characters like the Bundy Crime Family who weren't paying the grazing fees to feed their cattle...

Again, Trump is making war on China and the American Consumer is the one getting screwed.

So do I but there is no doubt we were not ready for war prior to WWII. Especially a huge global conflict.
I'm not saying this judgmentally. Unless you were Germany or Japan, ramping up their war machine, who was ready for this grand war?
We responded to Pearl Harbor by instantly building up our Navy, Army and our machinery (planes, tanks, war ships, etc,).

But it's a matter of history. We were caught unprepared for WWII.

Um, okay.

Here's the dirty little secret about World War II.

Other people did most of the fighting for us.

Now, the major difference was that we could slap together an Essex-Class carrier in a year.

Today, it takes 8 years to build and launch a Ford Class Aircraft Carrier, which costs a hell of a lot more (right now $13 BILLION a copy)

So while it takes a lot longer to build equipment, wars are generally over pretty quickly..

Of course, in a US-China conflict, both sides have nukes... that's why this could get out of hand pretty damned quickly.

We have these advantages over them and a war with China would mean an instant end to any debt we owe them for $$$ borrowed to fight the Iraq War. However since the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s they have a modern state of the art military plus can enact cyber warfare and attack our economy and financial institutions.

Or they can just call in our debts, and we'd have economic chaos trying to pay them... They can also stop buying our products, put all the dumb-inbred morons in the red states out of business.

The Chinese have already figured that Trump is gone in 2020, so they are in this for the long haul.

The Democrats are allied with the communist Chinese however.
All the way back to when Clinton/gore were caught and fined by the SEC for taking money from the Red Army.

Forum List

Back