CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

No I did not, but I have not reported you for breaking the rules of the CDZ.

I said the IRS scandal was not the same as what this thread is about because what the IRS did was not done legally. What the IRS did was illegally and when they were found out they were made to stop.

For what the IRS did to compare to the topic of this thread, it would no longer be illegal for them to do so.
Name one IRS person who went to jail.
Bingo. Zero.
Spin that.
It was a Democrat conspiracy to suppress political opposition just as what’s going on today

Name one IRS person who went to jail.
Bingo. Zero.
Spin that.
It was a Democrat conspiracy to suppress political opposition just as what’s going on today
Add to it the FBI, OSHA, NSA, ATF who went to non profits place of business and harassed them. Forced them to lawyer up when they had done nothing wrong.

then remove them because they shouldn't be there.

not because they disagree with you.
I never agreed that Hollywood and Big Corporations were getting kick backs from the government in the form of COVID or infrastructure . I have no problem with it being taken away. That is our corrupt government’s doing.

I never agreed that Hollywood and Big Corporations were getting kick backs from the government in the form of COVID or infrastructure . I have no problem with it being taken away. That is our corrupt government’s doing.
what i am saying is, if you wish to remove these rights from Disney, do it because the time it was needed is over and gone.

to do it because disney is arguing with you on policy is going to backfire. many can sit and be happy someone stuck it to disney and hey, part of me wants to join in. but that's the emotional, sometimes petty part.

the "spock" side of me says if *a government entity* can simply revoke something that has been in play for 50+ years cause they argued with you, then any gov entity can do it at any time. this is a 'hold my beer' moment while we kick up the odds in order to win a battle but fail to see it's costing us the war.

what i am saying is, if you wish to remove these rights from Disney, do it because the time it was needed is over and gone.

to do it because disney is arguing with you on policy is going to backfire. many can sit and be happy someone stuck it to disney and hey, part of me wants to join in. but that's the emotional, sometimes petty part.

the "spock" side of me says if *a government entity* can simply revoke something that has been in play for 50+ years cause they argued with you, then any gov entity can do it at any time. this is a 'hold my beer' moment while we kick up the odds in order to win a battle but fail to see it's costing us the war.
If a company wants to give millions to just one political party, they’ve injected themselves into politics.
And siding with the losing team has consequences.

If a company wants to give millions to just one political party, they’ve injected themselves into politics.

The Top 4 recipients of Disney political donations. Are you ever not wrong about anything?

1650983874881.png

Punishing them by taking away the status that no other businesses have? OK

If the Govt was not charging me taxes and then decided to charge me after I shit on it, what specifically did they take away aside from privilege? Disney decided to bad mouth the entity that gave them special privileges and that entity took it away.
Many other corporations have that status, at least 5 others in Fla. Daytona Speedway being one of them.

Five out of how many? Thousands. So it’s a rarity. Correct? Or a privilege.

It is a status anyone can choose to apply for. They just have to show how it benefits that state.

it is also a status most would not want. Do you think most companies want to have to provide all their own infrastructure and fire services and such?

great. then the day the left gets back in power they are free to attack conservative businesses because they said something political.

you are not setting the bar for entry, you are simply removing "barriers" and the left will decide their own criteria

you'd think you've seen that by now.

great. then the day the left gets back in power they are free to attack conservative businesses because they said something political.

you are not setting the bar for entry, you are simply removing "barriers" and the left will decide their own criteria

you'd think you've seen that by now.
They have been doing that in spades already. Using Federal agencies to attack the opposing party. FISA off bs. Letting off blm criminals while persecuting people who took a selfie in the WH....

They have been doing this forever. And Disney has had a special tax free status for 57 years. Oh well

They have been doing that in spades already. Using Federal agencies to attack the opposing party. FISA off bs. Letting off blm criminals while persecuting people who took a selfie in the WH....

They have been doing this forever. And Disney has had a special tax free status for 57 years. Oh well
opposing party isn't opposing companies.

what you say is true, and the left does go after say the pillow guy.

But this is now the gov going after the pillow guy and singling him out amd punishing him.

it won't be like action for like action, it will be another ratchet up.

now I do believe obama did go after Gibson guitars for the "wood" they used?

I'm trying to think of other direct gov actions that went after a private business for political motivations.

opposing party isn't opposing companies.

what you say is true, and the left does go after say the pillow guy.

But this is now the gov going after the pillow guy and singling him out amd punishing him.

it won't be like action for like action, it will be another ratchet up.

now I do believe obama did go after Gibson guitars for the "wood" they used?

I'm trying to think of other direct gov actions that went after a private business for political motivations.
True the Vote. Read up on that.

so it has been done before for political reasons.

It is a status anyone can choose to apply for. They just have to show how it benefits that state.

it is also a status most would not want. Do you think most companies want to have to provide all their own infrastructure and fire services and such?
Probably not.

To me politicians grant privileges and may take them away. If you don't like it, move. Disney is free to move.

Forum List

Back