CDZ End Times Christian/Jewish Theology

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The gay marriage decision has caused controversy about what if anything is left of unfulfilled prophecy that precedes the great tribulation this ranges from nothing to:

A pre-trib rapture (There are scriptures that support pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib raptures but theologians shy away from multiple raptures creating unnecessary strife within the church.)

An Israeli war(s) that conquers Egypt, Jordan, Gaza, Lebanon, Syria and possibly Iraq west of the Euphrates.

The peace settlement lasts long enough and well enough for Israel to tear down walls and presumably all other fortifications prior to Russia (and allies) invading and being defeated by God. This war is usually dated 3.5-7 years prior to tribulation.

Any other scripture prophecy that affects the timeline?

The very first step in the Biblical "end times" is the reconstruction of the Temple on the temple mount. Until that happens nothing correlates to the "end times" Biblically speaking. Thre and some months after that a treaty will be signed and the anti-Christ will appear as a savior of the world only later to show his/her true colors.

True but an argument about how much happens prior to that according to prophecy tends to get very heated and that is what I was looking for in terms of justification of some calls about the end times. The US for example is not named nor alluded to in Daniel, Ezekial or Revelations.

There was no knowledge of the "western" hemisphere so how would it be in the scriptures?
OK, that is rhetorical because "by the hand of God all things are possible".

There's a lot of evidence of pre-captivity trips to the western hemisphere from the Eastern Mediterranean. When I checked out some of the what the hell do you mean I'm not Cherokee or even Indian threads at 23 and me I got a shock. The evidence of nearly continuous contact between Europe and the East coast of North America and I got a boatload of links of written, linguistic and genetic evidence going back to Minoan times. There is an entire forum devoted to the subject. So, that argument is not relevant.

I would be amenable to view the evidence of "nearly continuous contact between Europe and the East coast of North America" because the history as I have learned it varies considerably from that statement.

Pre-Columbian European artifacts in America is a good place to start googling. Then specific Punic, Irish, Viking and others artifacts the two outbreaks of plague caused the largest breaks in contact.

There's a lot of evidence of pre-captivity trips to the western hemisphere from the Eastern Mediterranean. When I checked out some of the what the hell do you mean I'm not Cherokee or even Indian threads at 23 and me I got a shock. The evidence of nearly continuous contact between Europe and the East coast of North America and I got a boatload of links of written, linguistic and genetic evidence going back to Minoan times. There is an entire forum devoted to the subject. So, that argument is not relevant.

I think Barry Fell wrote several books on ancient mariners traveling to the western hemisphere, but I haven't kept up with the latest; doesn't matter much if they left nothing behind worth noting, same for the Chinese allegedly 'discovering America'.

In any case, re your OP, you should consider taking into account allegories and parables when reading books in the bible. The authors who wrote it did.

Zecharia Sitchin wrote a lot of books about "Ancient aliens" in Sumer and Babylon but there is no evidence to support his writings.

Quote:________________________________________________
"The evidence of nearly continuous contact between Europe and the East coast of North America and I got a boatload of links of written, linguistic and genetic evidence going back to Minoan times."
End Quote____________________________________________

Where can this evidence be viewed?

True but an argument about how much happens prior to that according to prophecy tends to get very heated and that is what I was looking for in terms of justification of some calls about the end times. The US for example is not named nor alluded to in Daniel, Ezekial or Revelations.

The US is identified in Daniel 7:4. There first will come a great falling away - we are witnessing that now but it will become more pronounced when real persecution comes forth in America - the son of perdition will have to be revealed. If you are looking for what precedes the Great Tribulation you could begin with reading Matthew Chapter 24 and Luke Chapter 21.

One of the greatest signs that we are in the end times now is the level of deception that has been poured out on the world. Listen to the sermons being preached from most of the pulpits. There are over 1,000 cults in America alone (Roman Catholicism being one of the largest in the world). The deception is beyond anything I've seen in my lifetime. Truly astounding how many are falling by the wayside having listened to and believed false prophets / false teachers.

At 23 and me, 1421 and by just googling Punic pre-Columbian artifacts you can get leads to other artifacts from later dates.

After re-reading the 7th chapter of Daniel I see no reference to North America or to the United States. I believe you are seeing what you wish to find and missing what is truly present.

It is said that no man will know the time of the end and that those who profess to know are but false prophets.

At 23 and me, 1421 and by just googling Punic pre-Columbian artifacts you can get leads to other artifacts from later dates.

I never use Google, but I did a search for "Punic Pre-Columbian artifacts" and found nothing to connect Middle-eastern and Mediterranean culture to the North American continent. Perhaps you have a link to your evidence?

After re-reading the 7th chapter of Daniel I see no reference to North America or to the United States. I believe you are seeing what you wish to find and missing what is truly present.

It is said that no man will know the time of the end and that those who profess to know are but false prophets.

I find that to be interesting. You cannot see America represented in Daniel 7:4? What about Daniel 7:5? The bear raised up on its side with three ribs between its teeth? The one who is told, arise, and devour much flesh. Do you recognize that as Russia? You should. How about Daniel 7:6? Do you recognize the leopard?

I need chapter and verse for your claim that the Scriptures say that no man will know the time of the end (as in that we are living in the end times) and that those who say we are living in the end times are false prophets, Paul. Scripture does not validate your claims. Shall we call you a false prophet?

I never use Google, but I did a search for "Punic Pre-Columbian artifacts" and found nothing to connect Middle-eastern and Mediterranean culture to the North American continent. Perhaps you have a link to your evidence?

You have never used Google in your life, Paul? Not once? Are you sure?

I find that to be interesting. You cannot see America represented in Daniel 7:4? What about Daniel 7:5? The bear raised up on its side with three ribs between its teeth? The one who is told, arise, and devour much flesh. Do you recognize that as Russia? You should. How about Daniel 7:6? Do you recognize the leopard?

I need chapter and verse for your claim that the Scriptures say that no man will know the time of the end (as in that we are living in the end times) and that those who say we are living in the end times are false prophets, Paul. Scripture does not validate your claims. Shall we call you a false prophet?

While either verse could refer to the US both is a real stretch of exegesis.

You have never used Google in your life, Paul? Not once? Are you sure?

I stated that I never use Google (as in currently and in time forward). I did not say I had never used Google.
The last time I used Google was about 10 years ago.

Are you going to provide that link or not?

Last edited:

I am not a prophet - I don't pretend to know the the mind of God nor His time line but you may call me what you wish.

Read Matthew 24:24 and 24:36

Last edited:
Saw a PBS show the other day wherein some archeologists have developed a theory that some of the Carthaginians survived the war with the Romans and traveled to South America. They base it on the find of an axe made of metals the natives had yet to learn how to smelt and the type of wood used in the handle, along with the axe head having a shape like a bull, an animal that didn't exist in the 'New World'. Not much there, really, other than the axe and some wall carvings that match no known tribe's pictographs ans symbols, but interesting nonetheless.