Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I’m for promiscuity!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Against the polygamy

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

quorthon

Jan 21, 2015
So next we’ll face this, plural marriage. I feel I want it, I feel I’m polyamorous and I want to have at least two wives. Are there some points in plural marriage that are completely unacceptable to you? Are you for or against?

Rings.jpg

Polygamy will never be legal as long as government is involved in marriage. Figuring in the incentives would be a legal hell hole.

So next we’ll face this, plural marriage. I feel I want it, I feel I’m polyamorous and I want to have at least two wives. Are there some points in plural marriage that are completely unacceptable to you? Are you for or against?

Rings.jpg

My position is the same as for SSM. It is not the role of the government to decide what relationships people wish to have. So long as they are in the marriage business, their job is to issue the license and enforce the contract.

How is it good for women?

First, whether a woman wants to enter into such a relationship is for her to decide. It is rather presumptuous to insist upon making that decision for her for her own protection. You may feel it is a mistake, but as an adult it is her right to make her own mistakes. Second, and more importantly, a woman in an outlaw relationship has nowhere to go for relief. How does she divorce and get the benefits of divorce? How can she claim her children? How can she claim co-ownership of property? By making her an outlaw you strip her of her legal defenses. How is that good for women?

Personally, I do not think I could handle it

Otherwise, I do not see where it harms me as long as it is between consenting adults

Otherwise, I do not see where it harms me as long as it is between consenting adults
Men used to be able to handle it. Wonder what changed.

The sex is easy...anyone can handle that

Its all the emotional baggage...

Do you love me more?
I need to emotionally bond with you
Why aren't you listening to me?
Do these jeans make me look fat?

Who needs that from TWO women?

Men used to be able to handle it. Wonder what changed.

The sex is easy...anyone can handle that

Its all the emotional baggage...

Do you love me more?
I need to emotionally bond with you
Why aren't you listening to me?
Do these jeans make me look fat?

Who needs that from TWO women?
That's what divorce is for...

jk

Rings.jpg

I am not against it, and if the person can maintain and support a home with more than one spouse and the other parties agree to it then why would I care?

Personally I don't care.
This will undoubtedly be the next white noise topic for the committed to fight over.
Meanwhile, our country is being taking over by corporations and we are becoming money crop land for the the top 7%. And no one talks about that.

Rings.jpg
"Polygamy" and "plural marriage" aren't the same thing, the former is merely living together, the latter is bigamy and illegal.

Rings.jpg
"Polygamy" and "plural marriage" aren't the same thing, the former is merely living together, the latter is bigamy and illegal.
so complicated...

Forum List

Back