End of the two party system?

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Considering who made the statement, I won’t hold my breath.

US could be witnessing 'end of a two-party system': Republican governor

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he believes Americans could be witnessing the “end of a two-party system.”

“I don't think either party is answering people's deepest concerns and needs,” Kasich told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl in an interview that aired today on “This Week.” “I mean I don't think it's going to happen tomorrow but I think over time do not be surprised if these millennials and these Gen Xers begin to say, ‘Neither party works, we want something new.’”

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he believes Americans could be witnessing the “end of a two-party system.”

“I don't think either party is answering people's deepest concerns and needs,” Kasich told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl in an interview that aired today on “This Week.” “I mean I don't think it's going to happen tomorrow but I think over time do not be surprised if these millennials and these Gen Xers begin to say, ‘Neither party works, we want something new.’”

people been saying that for years

So not the end of the 2 party system, but rather alternative parties to one or both of the current parties. I doubt these 2 have the leadership onions to create a viable third party to unseat one of the primary parties.

/----/ we already have plenty of alternative parties. Pick one:
List of political parties in the United States - Wikipedia

Our current form of legislative leadership (e.g., Speaker of the House) almost guarantees a two-party system. As a result, change is much more likely to occur within the two parties than outside of them.

`
I like that idea. The two party system has been corrupted beyond repair.
`
`

Dem_Repub_puppets1.jpg

Forum List

Back