End corporate welfare!

Oh... C'mon dude.

We can't go three posts? I personally haven't mentioned big oil yet... but I am now.

Even on the consumer level, you can see how fucked up they are. As soon as they see the price of crude jump even the slightest bit, they tack on to our price/gallon. When it drops.... they drag their feet until they have to drop it.

Meaningless twaddle. Oil prices go up and down depending on supply and demand. Oil companies have little control over it.

That's just at the pump and at the consumer level. If you are so infatuated with "Big Money" to the point that you are willing to ignore even that, you are a walking rock(as in intelligence).

We were talking about how oil companies benefit from Ethanol. They don't. Now you're talking about "big money."

Try to stay on one subject at a time, please.

The claim is that "big oil" is the main party lobbying for Ethanol. That's pure bullshit. Oil companies do not benefit from Ethanol.

Only Gubmint benefits from it by edict...

Corn farmers and big Agra-business companies like ADM are the prime beneficiaries, not oil companies. But libtards hate oil companies, so they are the designated demons behind every conspiracy against the average boob in the street.

The claim is that "big oil" is the main party lobbying for Ethanol. That's pure bullshit. Oil companies do not benefit from Ethanol.

Only Gubmint benefits from it by edict...

Corn farmers and big Agra-business companies like ADM are the prime beneficiaries, not oil companies. But libtards hate oil companies, so they are the designated demons behind every conspiracy against the average boob in the street.

Indeed. Maybe TIME to END Farm subsidies...eh? And I mean Gubmint MANIPULATION

Today the government pays refiners 45 cents a gallon through a tax credit to refine corn-based ethanol. An additional 54 cents a gallon tarirff blocks imports of less expensive and more energy efficient sugar-based ethanol from Brazil. Corn-based ethanol is mandated by federal law benefitting the farm belt.

Big oil, big agra benefit and we the people lose. For details on this bill, which is supported by members of both parties, and opposed by those who represent special interests, see the source below.

Feinstein, GOP senator fight subsidies for ethanol

Simple first-step to a solution:

Don't make Iowa one of the first caucus states in presidential elections.

Good luck with that.

I know, unlikely.

But it would be nice. And we could actually have politicians who aren't afraid of an honest discussion on the pros/cons of ethanol.

Diane Feinstein and the Tea Party are absolutely correct. End the ethanol subsidy.

And if this doesn't demonstrate what an ideologically rigid douchebag Grosver Nordquist is, I don't know what will. I don't know why I am surprised that the head of The Club for Deficits is against this but I am.

End corporate welfare!

Only if we end welfare welfare at the same time.

Betcha a dollar to a dog turd that the "End corporate welfare!" windbags will never go for the deal.

Remember that ethanol was an idea of liberals to "wean us off foreign oil". Like most liberal ideas, it sucks and is counter-productive. Now they want to get rid of it, having inflicted billions of dollars of cost on the American people.
Next time libs offer a "solution" reach for your wallet.

End corporate welfare!

Betcha a dollar to a dog turd that the "End corporate welfare!" windbags will never go for the deal.

Remember that ethanol was an idea of liberals to "wean us off foreign oil". Like most liberal ideas, it sucks and is counter-productive. Now they want to get rid of it, having inflicted billions of dollars of cost on the American people.
Next time libs offer a "solution" reach for your wallet.

And ON that ETHANOL crap? It's ruiend TWO fuel pumps in my company...

End corporate welfare!

Even if we only end corporate welfare, that's OK with me. However, I'll bet the libtards will be the first ones to whine when they put an end to Ethanol subsidies, tariffs on imported sugar and subsidies for "green energy."

Diane Feinstein and the Tea Party are absolutely correct. End the ethanol subsidy.

And if this doesn't demonstrate what an ideologically rigid douchebag Grosver Nordquist is, I don't know what will. I don't know why I am surprised that the head of The Club for Deficits is against this but I am.

Grover Norquist wants to continue Ethanol Subsidies?

I don't think so.

Grover Norquist wants to continue Ethanol Subsidies?

I don't think so.

He is calling ending them a tax increase, and thus opposes it. Not sure how he got there, but he did.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/06/MN5N1JCFTV.DTL

Last edited:
End corporate welfare!

Even if we only end corporate welfare, that's OK with me. However, I'll bet the libtards will be the first ones to whine when they put an end to Ethanol subsidies, tariffs on imported sugar and subsidies for "green energy."
Seems like red states are the ones producing sugar in the USA.
Why would a non sugar producing state be for the import tariffs on sugar?

Forum List

Back