Emperor Obama's Clothes are Visible and Scary

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
By Janice Shaw Crouse, Ph.D.

Not surprisingly, many voters who cast their ballots for Barack Obama for president had no idea what he believed, what his voting record was or what his priorities would be as president. The YouTube videos showing voters’ ignorance during the just-completed election would be hilarious if they were not so sad. The “Emperor” leading the presidential polls had no clothes, but who would speak out? The nation’s opinion leaders threw up smoke screens that protected the public from the reality. The media certainly was not going to expose the nakedness of its crown prince. His opposition kept looking the other way. The cheering crowds clothed him to suit their individual preferences.

I watched the third and final debate in dismay. We tuned in to CNN because they carried an on-screen chart to display the reactions of 25-30 uncommitted voters set up backstage who had agreed to indicate their minute-by-minute reactions to the two candidates’ remarks by turning a dial to indicate their degree of positive or negative response to the comments of the presidential candidates. We discovered that the more emotional the comment, the higher positive response of the uncommitted voters. The more measured and reasonable the candidates’ statements, the more negative the voters’ responses. It was a riveting phenomenon that was scary in its implications — the public didn’t want to hear reasoned argument; they wanted platitudes that made them feel good.

During this election, Barack Obama said lots to make the public feel good. He made promises couched in vague language that could mean anything that the listener wanted them to mean. He used words like “change” and “hope;” he promised tax cuts to 95 percent of Americans — a promise that was ludicrous and impossible to fulfill, but people fell for it. He spoke one way in front of liberal audiences and another way in front of conservative ones. He learned the language of evangelicalism and he spoke it fluently when it served his purposes. People with diametrically opposite points of view came away from his rallies convinced that Obama agreed with their position on the issues.

About The Author
Janice Shaw Crouse is a former speechwriter for George H. W. Bush and now political commentator for the Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee.

More

C'mon, the pundits we were so concerned about Sarah Palin, what with her 150K$ wardrobe that a few minor details were bound to slip past them.

Clearly the American people choose the devil they did not know rather than the devil they did.

Now just exactly how hot did the Bush II pan have to be to make the voters jump into the Obaman fire?

I'm running out of metphors, but I think you get my drift.

Clearly the American people choose the devil they did not know rather than the devil they did.

Now just exactly how hot did the Bush II pan have to be to make the voters jump into the Obaman fire?

I'm running out of metphors, but I think you get my drift.

Very good point. How can Obama possibly screw up worse than "W"? All the partisan BS aside, do you really like where we are today?

I think instead of brown nose the term shall now be called obama nose.
The smell and the view are the same, just like the obamabots like it.

OK, nice partisan BS. Now have you anything real to say? Given the successes of the last eight years, what do you think should be done? Or are you just going to spout idiocy and foolishness?

More

C'mon, the pundits we were so concerned about Sarah Palin, what with her 150K$ wardrobe that a few minor details were bound to slip past them.

She's the former speechwriter for Bush? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you ever hear Bush's speeches? Who gives a shit what this woman thinks, she's obviously an idiot herself

Emperor Obama's Clothes are Visible and Scary

Friday, November 21, 2008

By Janice Shaw Crouse, Ph.D.

Thanks for telling us that some crazy crackpot rightwing, Bush-loving Christian theocrat whacko thinks Obama is horrible. What a surprise! I'm shocked!

Janice Shaw Crouse, Ph.D., is a Senior Fellow at the Beverly LaHaye Institute, the think tank for Concerned Women for America (CWA),

CWA Mission Statement

The mission of CWA is to protect and promote Biblical values among all citizens - first through prayer, then education, and finally by influencing our society - thereby reversing the decline in moral values in our nation.

CWA Statement of Faith

* We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God and the final authority on faith and practice.

*We believe it is our duty to serve God to the best of our ability and to pray for a moral and spiritual revival that will return this nation to the traditional values upon which it was founded

Concerned Women for America is a conservative Christian political action group active in the United States. The group was founded in 1979 by Beverly LaHaye, wife of Christian Coalition co-founder Timothy LaHaye.

LaHaye believes that the Illuminati is secretly engineering world affairs. LaHaye has been a harsh critic of Roman Catholicism, which he has called "a false religion."

In a mailing sent to the group's members Beverly LaHaye wrote that gays and lesbians "want their depraved 'values' to become our children's values. Homosexuals expect society to embrace their immoral way of life. Worse yet, they are looking for new recruits!

CWA website and wiki

Thanks for telling us that some crazy crackpot rightwing, Bush-loving Christian theocrat whacko thinks Obama is horrible. What a surprise! I'm shocked!

What's the matter, don't like the truth about your boy being printed.

It’s a shame that you were too ignorant to investigate OBama with the same conviction you did this lady. And those Christian values, how despicable. Amazing that she didn’t pepper her article with them, eh?

I could care less about her religious values or her husband’s which, you went out of your way to highlight. She wrote a good article and it was worth posting.

SOS, with you people, when you can’t attack the message, you attack the messenger.

Glad to see this one struck a nerve.

Last edited:
What's the matter, don't like the truth about your boy being printed.

It’s a shame that were too ignorant to investigate OBama with the same conviction you did this lady. And those Christian values, how despicable. Amazing that she didn’t pepper her article with her them, eh?

I could care less about her religious values or her husband’s which, you went out of your way to highlight. She wrote a good article and it was worth posting.

SOS, with you people, when you can’t attack the message, you attack the messenger.

Glad to see this one struck a nerve.

Haa, Joe the Plumber was investigated more that Obama.....:eusa_whistle:

I actually know a couple of pro-Obama people who have not had a frontal lobotomy. Of course they voted from beyond the grave, but that's beside the point.

I actually know a couple of pro-Obama people who have not had a frontal lobotomy. Of course they voted from beyond the grave, but that's beside the point.

You mean like Paul Volckler,Warren Buffet,Colin Powell,or the CEO of

Google? I am sure they are all dying to be as smart as you!

Forum List

Back