Timothy F. Giethner - New Treasury Secretary

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
WOW!!! Dow up 495 points Friday because...

President elect Obama named Timothy F. Geithner as the new Treasury Secretary.

Obama said to choose Timothy Geithner as Treasury chief - Los Angeles Times

image001-2.jpg

Well he sure looks trustworthy, warm and affable. I’m sure he’ll be looking out for the best interests of The United States of America.

Let’s take a look at his qualifications for top Money Dawg. Connect the Dots people!

This from Geithner’s Federal Reserve Bank bio:
FRB: Reserve Bank Presidents -- New York

Timothy F. Geithner became the ninth president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York on November 17, 2003. In that capacity, he serves as the vice chairman and a permanent member of the Federal Open Market Committee, the group responsible for formulating the nation's monetary policy.

Hmm… he was “responsible for formulating the nation’s monetary policy”. Well if you accept the fact that it is our monetary policy (artificially low interest rates and reckless inflation of the money supply) that caused the global monetary crisis, and that Geithner was responsible for it, I guess you can argue he might be qualified to fix it.

Personally I’d rather he be kept away from the cash register.

More from the Federal Reserve Bank Geithner bio:

- He was director of the Policy Development and Review Department at the International Monetary Fund from 2001 until 2003. Before joining the Treasury, Mr. Geithner worked for Kissinger Associates, Inc.

- Mr. Geithner serves as chairman of the G-10’s Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems of the Bank for International Settlements. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and the Group of Thirty.

Carroll Quigley, Bill Clinton’s Georgetown professor and mentor had this to say about the Bank for International Settlements (BIS):

The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world.

We all know the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has America’s sovereignty and best interests at the forefront of their agenda, but what about the Group of Thirty? Are they just as civic minded? Well, their Chairman and CEO is a gentleman named Dr. Jacob A. Frenkel. He is also Vice Chairman of American International Group, Inc. (AIG).

Oh and this is surprising. Dr. Frenkel is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) as well as a member of the Trilateral Commission. Certainly Mr. Geithner will benefit greatly in his new position as Treasury Secretary by having immediate access to advice and consultation from one of the top men at AIG. Their financial acumen is the stuff of legend.

Some other illustrious names associated with the Group of Thirty are:

Paul Volcker

- Chairman of the Board Group of Thirty.

- Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 1979 to 1987.

- North American Chairman of the Trilateral Commission (the Trilateral commission was founded in July 1973, at the initiative of David Rockefeller; who was Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) at that time).

- Former Chairman of J. Rothschild, Wolfensohn & Co.

William R. Rhodes

- Former Chairman, President and CEO of Citibank.

- Chairman The Americas Society, founded in 1965 by David Rockefeller, an affiliate of the Council on Foreign Affairs (CFR).

- Member Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)

Oh by the way, the Group of Thirty was founded in 1978 as an initiative of the Rockefeller Foundation.

The Trilateral Commission was founded in 1973 by David Rockefeller and Zbigniew Brzezinski. Zbigniew Brzezinski is one of Obama’s lead foreign policy advisors.

Wikipedia has this about the Trilateral commission:
Trilateral Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sen. Barry Goldwater wrote of the Trilateral Commission in his book “With No Apologies”:

"In my view, the Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power: political, monetary, intellectual, and ecclesiastical. All this is to be done in the interest of creating a more peaceful, more productive world community.

What the Trilateralists truly intend is the creation of a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nation-states involved. They believe the abundant materialism they propose to create will overwhelm existing differences. As managers and creators of the system they will rule the future."

Craig S. Karpel wrote in a November 1977 Penthouse magazine article "Cartergate: The Death of Democracy":

"The presidency of the United States and the key cabinet departments of the federal government have been taken over by a private organization dedicated to the subordination of the domestic interests of the United States to the international interests of the multi-national banks and corporations. It would be unfair to say that the Trilateral Commission dominates the Carter Administration; the Trilateral Commission is the Carter Administration." (Looks like déjà vu all over again).

Well judging from Obama’s pick of Geithner as Treasury Secretary, with his close ties to the Council On Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, it looks like the only change coming our way is the further destruction of America sovereignty. All who voted for Obama, clamoring for “change”, need to realize that nothing has changed.

George Bush the elder was a Director of the CFR before becoming President. Dick Cheney was a Director of the CFR before becoming Vice President. Here’s a must see video of little Dick discussing that tenure with the man himself, David Rockefeller. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnpN07J_zg]YouTube - Dick Cheney ex-director of CFR talks to David Rockefeller[/ame]

Lest you think I lament poor John McCain’s loss to Obama, don’t worry. McCain (yes, he is a CFR member too) was given as “option B” by the CFR. One of his top advisors was none other than the affable, grandfatherly, old Henry Kissinger.

It’s important that everyone know exactly who elected Obama (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter) to the Presidency of The United States.

And who he really works for.

On January 20th, 2009 Barack Hussein Obama will “ solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States”.

He, just like his recent predecessors, will fail miserably, because the Constitution is anathema to the men who have placed him in office.

End the Fed

End the Federal Reserve Bank! National Rally for Sound Money, November 22nd

Here are some inspirational quotes for your chewing pleasure:

"When the President signs this act [Federal Reserve Act of 1913],the invisible government by the money power -- proven to exist by the Monetary Trust Investigation -- will be legalized...the people may not know it immediately but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed... The new law will create inflation whenever the trusts want inflation ...they can unload the stocks on the people at high prices during the excitement and then bring on a panic and buy them back at low prices. From now on, depressions will be scientifically created."

- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr.

(1859-1924) Congressman (R-MN),

Father of famous aviator.

Source: U.S. Senate, Nov. 1912

"When the Federal Reserve Act was passed, the people of these United States did not perceive that a world banking system was being set up here. A super-state controlled by international bankers and industrialists..acting together to enslave the world...Every effort has been made by the Fed to conceal its powers but the truth is --the Fed has usurped the government."

- Congressman Louis McFadden,

House Committee on Banking and Currency Chairman

1920-1931

"Obviously there is going to be no peace or prosperity for mankind as long as [the earth] remains divided into 50 or 60 independent states until some kind of international system is created... The real problem today is that of the world government."

- The CFR endorses World Government in its magazine Foreign Affairs.

Author Philip Kerr,

December 15, 1922

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent.”

– James Paul Warburg,

whose family co-founded the Federal Reserve -

while speaking before the United States Senate,

February 17, 1950

"the 'house of world order' will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down... but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault."

- Richard Gardner

Former U. S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State,

Trilateralist and CFR member.

From an article “The Hard Road to World Order”

published in the CFR magazine Foreign Affairs.

April, 1974

"In the economic-technological field, some international cooperation has already been achieved, but further progress will require greater American sacrifices. More intensive efforts to shape a new world monetary structure will have to be undertaken, with some consequent risk to the present relatively favorable American position."

- Zbigniew Brzezinski,

CFR member / founding member of the Trilateral Commission,

National Security Advisor to five presidents

Lead Barack Obama foreign policy advisor

"Sovereignty is a word that is used often but it has really no specific meaning. Sovereignty today is nominal. Any number of countries that are sovereign are sovereign only nominally and relatively."

- Zbigniew Brzezinski

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil.

The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."

- Henry Kissinger

in an address to the Bilderberger meeting at

Evian, France on May 21, 1992.

"What Congress will have before it is not a conventional trade agreement but the architecture of a new international system... a first step toward a new world order."

- Henry Kissinger

CFR member and Trilateralist

The Los Angeles Times concerning NAFTA.

July 18, 1993

"All countries are basically social arrangements... No matter how permanent or even sacred they may seem at any one time, in fact they are all artificial and temporary... Perhaps national sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all... But it has taken the events in our own wondrous and terrible century to clinch the case for world government."

- Strobe Talbott,

Rhodes Scholar,

Roommate of Bill Clinton at Oxford University,

CFR Director, and Trilateralist

"For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents…to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.

- David Rockefeller

from his autobiography, Memoirs.

"The Central Bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the principles and form of our Constitution.”

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

- Thomas Jefferson

"The choice we face is ominous: We either accept world-wide authoritarian government holding together a flawed system, OR we restore the principles of the Constitution, limit government power, restore commodity money without a Federal Reserve system, reject world government, and promote the cause of peace by protecting liberty equally for all persons. Freedom is the answer."

- Dr. Ron Paul

Congressman U.S. House of Representatives

Before the U.S. House of Representatives,

November 20, 2008

The Austrians Were Right by Ron Paul

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men!"

- Plato(429-347 B.C.)

We have been sold out

Last edited:
If we just knew how things are gonig to work out we would understand the brilliance of this choice. But alas--we aren't smart enough. :lol:

wow, a whole day and no comments. I guess it's AOK then that the theives are not only in the house but running it!

wow, a whole day and no comments. I guess it's AOK then that the theives are not only in the house but running it!

I think you got no response because your initial post was almost impossible to read through. I scrolled through most of it just to get to the end.

As for theives being in charge :lol: of course you think anyone Obama picks is a thief....the market seemed to disagree with you however..... and I think that's what stings the most isn't it?

I think you got no response because your initial post was almost impossible to read through. I scrolled through most of it just to get to the end.

As for theives being in charge :lol: of course you think anyone Obama picks is a thief....the market seemed to disagree with you however..... and I think that's what stings the most isn't it?

Thank you for the critique.

It's not about how I wrote it. It's about the fact that a Fed President is going to be in the cabinet.

btw....you should try and get off your high horse and come down here with the little people once in awhile.

The only comments you're going to get is from those who don't support Obama.

The Obamanauts are still in full "see no evil, speak no evil" mode.

Call it what you want, but this is more of the same.

I haven't seen anything yet since Obama's been elected that even remotely qualifies as change.

Someone with merely a new name holding a position does not equal change, when those names are all part of the same circles as the previous names everyone has grown tired of.

Call it what you want, but this is more of the same.

I haven't seen anything yet since Obama's been elected that even remotely qualifies as change.

Someone with merely a new name holding a position does not equal change, when those names are all part of the same circles as the previous names everyone has grown tired of.

The only change you'll get from Obama is his incredible tan .. that won't go away.

It really is amazing that a subject as important as this gets no attention here.

The only thing most posters here care to talk about is gossip.

Here we have someone being appointed as a top money man in the next admin, who is no different than any others that came before him, and no one cares.

The conservatives don't even want to chime in, because I'll bet most of them have no clue why the Geithner pick is so detrimental, beyond "Obama picked him, so he probably sucks".

The only Obama selections that anyone wants to talk about are the Clinton admin appointees, because that can be turned into partisan bickering, and afterall, partisan bickering is FUN.

Geithner has no specific allegiance to any party. He runs monetary policy whether there's a republican or a democrat signing bills in the oval office, and he runs it the same way regardless. In the end, it matters not what party is in control.

Men like GEITHNER are the ones in control.

It really is amazing that a subject as important as this gets no attention here.

The only thing most posters here care to talk about is gossip.

Here we have someone being appointed as a top money man in the next admin, who is no different than any others that came before him, and no one cares.

The conservatives don't even want to chime in, because I'll bet most of them have no clue why the Geithner pick is so detrimental, beyond "Obama picked him, so he probably sucks".

The only Obama selections that anyone wants to talk about are the Clinton admin appointees, because that can be turned into partisan bickering, and afterall, partisan bickering is FUN.

Geithner has no specific allegiance to any party. He runs monetary policy whether there's a republican or a democrat signing bills in the oval office, and he runs it the same way regardless. In the end, it matters not what party is in control.

Men like GEITHNER are the ones in control.

I think it's cognitive dissonance--people refuse to see how owned and controlled we are---even as it becomes more and more apparent.

I see it to the point where it scares the hell out of me....and I can't for the life of me figure out when people aren't up in arms and trying to squash it at every level. It seems that people are wearing blinders and just letting it happen.

I know that yesterday there was rallies all over the nation to End the Fed. God bless those that have not only taken off their blinders but go out in the frigid cold to do something about it --even if it's only a scream in the dark.

The least people can do is not so arrogantly ignore it. Or critique those that give a damn on their use of the English language or spelling errors.

To those I say.....I think you've had your nails done way too many times.

I see it to the point where it scares the hell out of me....and I can't for the life of me figure out when people aren't up in arms and trying to squash it at every level. It seems that people are wearing blinders and just letting it happen.

I know that yesterday there was rallies all over the nation to End the Fed. God bless those that have not only taken off their blinders but go out in the frigid cold to do something about it --even if it's only a scream in the dark.

The least people can do is not so arrogantly ignore it. Or critique those that give a damn on their use of the English language or spelling errors.

To those I say.....I think you've had your nails done way too many times.

The Fed could have virtually been ended on Nov 4th. The electorate chose not to.

We're just not ready yet. I don't think we ever will be.

I have no doubt the accuracy of the first message in this thread. Reading it I was struck by the volumous information that was given forth. Impressive to say the least. But seeing the responses I wonder how many actually read the 'whole' thing rather than skim through. We're in a dangerous age now. Everything we do and say to be scrutenized not only by each other but by our own government as well. I will save that message to refer to from time to time and research some more. I do not mean to offend since I can not take anything at face value. But the learned information will greatly be appreciated so that even my own learning will be increased. Thank you:clap2:

"End the Fed" Rallies all over the Country that took place yesterday:

END THE FED: 21 Videos From 19 Cities « Deprogram
Note: not all 38 rallies have videos posted here, just the ones I could find easily.

In no particular order:

Houston, TX:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdRA04iIFtI]YouTube - Ron Paul End the Fed[/ame]

Los Angeles, CA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pp8olAiDCc]YouTube - End The FED Nov 22, 2008 Los Angeles[/ame]

San Francisco, CA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3NcUaSFaVM]YouTube - End-the-Fed Rally, Union Square, San Francisco[/ame]

Boston, MA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lMEzrAcQCc]YouTube - End The FED Boston[/ame]

New York, NY:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vp4ARGriow]YouTube - End The FED NYC 11.22.2008[/ame]

Philadelphia, PA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3eO3eCQXw]YouTube - End the Fed - Philadelphia Protest[/ame]

Buffalo, NY:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_nfUIaCinU]YouTube - End The Fed Buffalo, NY 11-22-08 part2[/ame]

Charlotte, NC:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZKVL8gKGzc]YouTube - End the FED, Charlotte NC Nov 22nd, 2008[/ame]

Atlanta, GA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B86xLAeTsg]YouTube - END THE FED protest in Atlanta 11/22/08[/ame]

Chicago, IL:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OYDHlKIuM]YouTube - End The Fed Chicago 11/22/08[/ame]
Chicago even got some (gasp!) local news coverage.

Miami, FL
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_PpwhaNTU]YouTube - End The Fed Miami[/ame]

Nashville, TN:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1TmFqVY8F0]YouTube - END the FED rally CAAA Nashville, TN Nov 22 2008[/ame]

Detroit, MI:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeNmV0BsFY]YouTube - END The FED - Detroit, 1600 East Warren Ave[/ame]

St. Louis, MO:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFRCvIcPMiM]YouTube - End The Fed St. Louis Rally[/ame]

Minneapolis, MN:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPNBV1F4pdc]YouTube - END THE FED Minneapolis, MN 11/22/08[/ame]

Denver, CO:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJc69lTGZA]YouTube - End the Fed Denver[/ame]

Oklahoma City, OK:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZVeUwCpa9c]YouTube - End the Fed March-Oklahoma City, OK 11/22/08[/ame]

Dallas, TX:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnLjURLBzWQ]YouTube - End The Fed Dallas[/ame]

San Antonio, TX:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrjDsmySoXE]YouTube - End the Fed protest San Antonio[/ame]

Forum List

Back