Emoticon Clean Up

I've cracked the whole emoticon thing between last night and this morning, and created a solution for myself as a pages file. The emoticons are like baby gifs stored in the software with lines of code that the program recognizes. The key is to simply reduce them down to their code like string commands and use them like keyboard shortcuts, which is actually how they grew out from in the first place.

No further need to use that horrid, emoji drop-down box. Hopefully, someday, Admin will effect a remedy to the issue which incorporates some of my ideas.

That might be fun; kinda like a rebus.
View attachment 338475

I had to look up the word rebus.
I suck at them. If you can figure out what the above says, let me know.
be not a slave to words.
Ahhh....SLAVE--that was the one that threw me.
yeah, i did not get that either at first, still don't get it. wave minus angry brown face/head = ave? lol

View attachment 338475

be not a slave to words.
yeah, i did not get that either at first, still don't get it. wave minus angry brown face/head = ave? lol
I thought TRIP instead of SLIP and MEDIAN instead of AVERAGE and MAD instead of RAGE. So I ended up with TREIN which ain't a world.

View attachment 338475

be not a slave to words.
I thought TRIP instead of SLIP and MEDIAN instead of AVERAGE and MAD instead of RAGE. So I ended up with TREIN which ain't a world.
ah. it is average minus rage. lol

Why thank you, toob, for making that decision for us, which we would prefer.

I personally like the raspberry and the kid at the desk waving his hand.

Once when I used the emoticons, it listed up at the top ones I had previously used, but it must only save them for a short time, because they aren't there now. I also wish we could make them bigger.

I agree with toob they are hard to hunt through.
I've frankly never seen either the raspberry or desk used by anyone, and there are others that can be subbed for the raspberry above and I have no idea what the kid at the desk waving his hand is supposed to mean. Does that mean you need to be excused to go pee? I think the ones above pretty much cover all the situations we NEED. More just makes the search harder.

The emoticon box only saves the ones you use during a single log in. Every time you leave USMB, it dumps them from memory. Though many are obviously rarely/never used, it wouldn't be so bad if you could organize your own set and SAVE THEM as your personal list (what I was going to try to do then offer them to the group), or if they were at least ORGANIZED by relative category as I've done above so that when you are looking for a particular thought, you can actually FIND IT. Most are so small now, you can barely tell what they are supposed to represent, and forget about reading any associated text.
:desk:

I use it. :thanks:

In an effort to make sense of the jumble of emoticons, get rid of the ones which serve no clear meaning or purpose or use and to ORGANIZE the ones I think most people really need,--- having been blocked or failed all other ways due to probably copyright HTML, I thought I'd try one last way to save them this way here. It would be great if our emoticons could actually be organized this way by CATEGORY in the emoticon drop down box and shown actual size, but since I doubt that, I thought I would try to save them this way and if this works, maybe the mods can pin this post up as a permanent sticky?

HAPPY:
;) :) :p :happy-1::bye1: :SMILEW~130:

LAUGHING:
:auiqs.jpg: :heehee: :abgg2q.jpg: :laughing0301: :laugh: :lol: :lmao: :laugh2: :71: :iyfyus.jpg: :21:

ANGRY:
:aargh:

SARCASM:
:smoke:

SHOCKED:
:eek: :omg: :wtf: :eusa_wall: :banghead: :ack-1: :surprised1:

CRAZY:
:uhoh3: :cuckoo: :uhh: :spinner:

INSULT:
:ahole-1: :fu: :poke: :whip: :flameth: :blahblah: :dig: :lalala: :eusa_naughty: :th_waiting: :1peleas: :cul2: :boo_hoo14: :CryingCow:

DOUBTFUL:
:rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

CELEBRATORY:
:yes_text12: :hyper: :no_text11: :dance: :mm: :banana: :eusa_dance: :rock: :5_1_12024: :twirl:

CONTRITION:
:safetocomeoutff: :scared1::oops8: :th_beback: :hands:

TOO BAD:
:eusa_boohoo: :itsok: :boohoo:

APPRECIATION:
:love_ya4: :th_thgoodpost::popcorn: :clap: :hello77: :re: :thankusmile:

How about eliminating all emoticons and making people think, and then post threads and replies of substance, thought and thought provoking. This and other political message boards are like a bunch of second graders getting into groups and gossiping about others.

It's a good idea because you have to look for the right smiley every time and it would be nice to have a bank to have our own smileyView attachment 338220

You CAN collect your own smileys.. Just make sure they are in a supported image format...
You could even CAPTURE most of the smileys offered up in the editor and add those to your collection.. SOME of them can't be copied.. Especially the "dynamic" ones, but most of the "static" can be copied out into a personal collection...

In an effort to make sense of the jumble of emoticons, get rid of the ones which serve no clear meaning or purpose or use and to ORGANIZE the ones I think most people really need,--- having been blocked or failed all other ways due to probably copyright HTML, I thought I'd try one last way to save them this way here. It would be great if our emoticons could actually be organized this way by CATEGORY in the emoticon drop down box and shown actual size, but since I doubt that, I thought I would try to save them this way and if this works, maybe the mods can pin this post up as a permanent sticky?

HAPPY:

LAUGHING:
:auiqs.jpg: :heehee: :abgg2q.jpg: :laughing0301: :laugh: :lol: :lmao: :laugh2: :71: :iyfyus.jpg: :21:

ANGRY:

SARCASM:

SHOCKED:

CRAZY:

INSULT:
:ahole-1: :fu: :poke: :whip: :flameth: :blahblah: :dig: :lalala: :eusa_naughty: :th_waiting: :1peleas: :cul2: :boo_hoo14: :CryingCow:

DOUBTFUL:

CELEBRATORY:
:yes_text12: :hyper: :no_text11: :dance: :mm: :banana: :eusa_dance: :rock: :5_1_12024: :twirl:

CONTRITION:

TOO BAD:

APPRECIATION:

How about eliminating all emoticons and making people think, and then post threads and replies of substance, thought and thought provoking. This and other political message boards are like a bunch of second graders getting into groups and gossiping about others.

Welcome to nap time..
1590035431705.png

I've cracked the whole emoticon thing between last night and this morning, and created a solution for myself as a pages file. The emoticons are like baby gifs stored in the software with lines of code that the program recognizes. The key is to simply reduce them down to their code like string commands and use them like keyboard shortcuts, which is actually how they grew out from in the first place.

No further need to use that horrid, emoji drop-down box. Hopefully, someday, Admin will effect a remedy to the issue which incorporates some of my ideas.

Which is the “You don’t know anything about tubes” emoji?

That’s the one I’m going to use if you and I ever get into a discussion about tubes.

Once when I used the emoticons, it listed up at the top ones I had previously used, but it must only save them for a short time, because they aren't there now. I also wish we could make them bigger.

I've frankly never seen either the raspberry or desk used by anyone, and there are others that can be subbed for the raspberry above and I have no idea what the kid at the desk waving his hand is supposed to mean. Does that mean you need to be excused to go pee? I think the ones above pretty much cover all the situations we NEED. More just makes the search harder.

The emoticon box only saves the ones you use during a single log in. Every time you leave USMB, it dumps them from memory. Though many are obviously rarely/never used, it wouldn't be so bad if you could organize your own set and SAVE THEM as your personal list (what I was going to try to do then offer them to the group), or if they were at least ORGANIZED by relative category as I've done above so that when you are looking for a particular thought, you can actually FIND IT. Most are so small now, you can barely tell what they are supposed to represent, and forget about reading any associated text.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Disir, I'm now considering adding it to my collection. Not sure what category of mine it fits in, but I suppose it is supposed to be a student at her desk wanting to get attention or to answer a question.

You CAN collect your own smileys.. Just make sure they are in a supported image format...
And what would be a recommended supporting image format, Flacc? I'm not the IT type and am much more used to working with tangible things I can hold in my hand (read: Luddite).
You could even CAPTURE most of the smileys offered up in the editor and add those to your collection.. SOME of them can't be copied.. Especially the "dynamic" ones, but most of the "static" can be copied out into a personal collection...
I've actually not found any I cannot save using my own method I've developed encompassing the 70 or so I listed above. Still would be GREAT if we could weed out some of the seldom-used ones and organize the rest as I did by "thought category" so that similar ones (like laughing) are all grouped together.

Which is the “You don’t know anything about tubes” emoji? That’s the one I’m going to use if you and I ever get into a discussion about tubes.
As someone who's had more trolling threads made about him than anyone in the Flame Zone, Toro, I'm working on just such an emoji right now, just for you.
It's be a little guy bent over with a tube stuck up his ass that lights up every time he thinks of something smart to say.
Meantime, tell me when you know even the FIRST THING about vacuum tubes and we can have that discussion. Tube amplification is BIG MONEY.

HAPPY:

LAUGHING:

ANGRY:

SARCASM:

SHOCKED:

CRAZY:

INSULT:

DOUBTFUL:

CELEBRATORY:

CONTRITION:

TOO BAD:

APPRECIATION:

You are a genius :goodposting:

These are the emoticons that are below I have never used, as I have never used them they need to be rounded up and airdropped into Gitmo :smoke:

Never used:

:lastword1::th_spinspin::doubt::banned03::th_thc136::muahaha::45::disbelief::gtssmiley2::08621::th_believecrap::texflag::threadjacked::biggrin::11::udaman::pinkygirly::ahole-1::disagree::4_13_65::arrow::blues::eek2yum::death::fu::TH_WAY~113::fingerscrossed::47::afro::question::saythat::206::eusa_shifty::10::thanks::www_MyEmoticons_com__shush::redface::th_avatar107484_8::bowdown::shock::cheers2::booze::neutral::eusa_clap::mad-61::razz::hmpf::dunno::eusa_drool::talktothehand::9::nono::50::eusa_think::cry::banghead::up::bang3::420::gay::lame2::talk2hand::bsflag::idea::bs1::mm::wink_2::blahblah::banana::ack-1::eusa_liar::banana2::eusa_eh::alcoholic::exclaim::blsmile::sad::eusa_silenced::stupid::up_yours::bow2::finger3::frown::cheeky-smiley-018::piss2::lol::dig::happy-1::deal::clap::lmao::blowup::eek-49::poop::puke::eusa_angel::bow3::eusa_sick::clap2::coffee::321::2up::asshole::cranky::alirulz::uhh::argue::eusa_snooty::rock::eusa_naughty::smartass::tongue-44::desk::coffee-24::1041::th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn::lolly::oops8::worthless::lastword::th_waiting::shok::urinate::11_2_1043::04::hello77::RockOn::th_panties::5_1_12024::290968001256257790-final::1peleas::2cents::SMILEW~130::cul2::th_metoo::right::puhleeze::19::flirtysmile4::highfive::yapyapyapf::9-21::surprised1::th_booboo::imsorry3::shutupsmiley::20::soapbox::icon_lol::14::whatsign::eek2::sleeping-smiley-015::71::boo_hoo14::pout::th_dontgosmiley-1::umno::twirl::thankusmile::linky::bannedsmileee::21::brb9::nocknockHT::114::kissykissy2::crying::yourpointsmile::hands::3::th_smileysw2wqa:

HAPPY:

LAUGHING:

ANGRY:

SARCASM:

SHOCKED:

CRAZY:

INSULT:

DOUBTFUL:

CELEBRATORY:

CONTRITION:

TOO BAD:

APPRECIATION:

You are a genius :goodposting:

These are the emoticons that are below I have never used, as I have never used them they need to be rounded up and airdropped into Gitmo :smoke:

Never used:

:lastword1::th_spinspin::doubt::banned03::th_thc136::muahaha::45::disbelief::gtssmiley2::08621::th_believecrap::texflag::threadjacked::biggrin::11::udaman::pinkygirly::ahole-1::disagree::4_13_65::arrow::blues::eek2yum::death::fu::TH_WAY~113::fingerscrossed::47::afro::question::saythat::206::eusa_shifty::10::thanks::www_MyEmoticons_com__shush::redface::th_avatar107484_8::bowdown::shock::cheers2::booze::neutral::eusa_clap::mad-61::razz::hmpf::dunno::eusa_drool::talktothehand::9::nono::50::eusa_think::cry::banghead::up::bang3::420::gay::lame2::talk2hand::bsflag::idea::bs1::mm::wink_2::blahblah::banana::ack-1::eusa_liar::banana2::eusa_eh::alcoholic::exclaim::blsmile::sad::eusa_silenced::stupid::up_yours::bow2::finger3::frown::cheeky-smiley-018::piss2::lol::dig::happy-1::deal::clap::lmao::blowup::eek-49::poop::puke::eusa_angel::bow3::eusa_sick::clap2::coffee::321::2up::asshole::cranky::alirulz::uhh::argue::eusa_snooty::rock::eusa_naughty::smartass::tongue-44::tongue-44::desk::coffee-24::1041::th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn::lolly::oops8::worthless::lastword::th_waiting::shok::urinate::11_2_1043::04::hello77::RockOn::th_panties::5_1_12024::290968001256257790-final::1peleas::2cents::SMILEW~130::cul2::th_metoo::right::puhleeze::19::flirtysmile4::highfive::yapyapyapf::9-21::surprised1::th_booboo::imsorry3::shutupsmiley::20::soapbox::icon_lol::14::whatsign::eek2::sleeping-smiley-015::71::boo_hoo14::pout::th_dontgosmiley-1::umno::twirl::thankusmile::linky::bannedsmileee::21::brb9::nocknockHT::114::kissykissy2::crying::yourpointsmile::hands::3::th_smileysw2wqa:
:tongue-44:

And what would be a recommended supporting image format, Flacc? I'm not the IT type and am much more used to working with tangible things I can hold in my hand (read: Luddite).

all PNG, TIFF, JPEG and SOME GIFS.. GIFS are always problematic because the "standard" sucks and ends up working on some OSystems and not others. Search web using "small emojis" as part of the search.. Because there's too many LARGE ones..

If you LIKE the large ones, copy the whole image and SCALE IT DOWN in any convenient photo editor like Microsoft Photo viewer and than save the smaller version..

After you experiment with this -- open a thread in the Rubber Room to try the best way to store them and link them in.. And find SCALINGS that are close to the USMB font sizes so you can embed them in text..

1590087086627.png
...... And scaled to 40% of original ,,.........
SmallMelt.png

Last edited:
So sorry you do not like the smilies. MANY I spent a lot of time getting set, and sending to Admin to install here b/c there were like 2 smilies. You don't like them? Don't use them. Sometimes you need to stop amd think who may have worked hard to even find them, and get them set up. The software is the reason they go in the smilie bank as they do.

:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back