Emiratis Want Dress Code For Tourists

Naomi, that's an Arab name isn't it? The other day I was walking through one of these open malls when I started seeing a lot of Muslim families with the men walking in the front and the women following them like cattle, totally covered from top to bottom in black, with only the eyes showing. It really made me vomit and I'm sure I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

Why do these backwards ass Neanderthals come to the US anyway, and start walking in malls with people dressed normally, girls wearing nice dresses that complement their bodies, and their freedom to choose wo and what they want to be? Why don't they go back to the shithole they come from? I bet you, to those filthy apes, anybody not dressed like they were, was probably a whore. Meanwhile people were avoiding walking close to them.

I think we need to pass one of those laws like they did in France banning this kind of gear in public. Even their clothes carry the stench of oppression and barbarism.

Noomi is a Swedish name. :) My username comes from the Swedish actress Noomi Rapace.

I don't believe that any woman should be forced to cover herself if she chooses to live in the US or in Australia. We have freedoms here, including the freedom to wear pretty much what you want. If she is being made to cover up by her husband, then that is obviously very wrong and the husband should be ashamed of himself.

But some of these women actually want to cover themselves up. They feel more comfortable. We can't expect them to just whip off their clothes and walk around in shorts and a t shirt, especially if they have been wearing the burqa their entire lives.

I don't think we need to pass any laws making Muslim women take off their burqu's here, as the number of women who actually wear them is very small.
Please Noomi, don't kid yourself. They don't choose to be this way. This is what they are taught from the moment they are born. To be submissive slaves, and cover themselves from top to bottom. What's so comfortable about covering yourself and getting heatstroke in the middle of a sunny boiling hot summer day, walking around in an open air market? You'd have to be insane to think that.

You are so full of hate Roudy it's sickening.

A visit to a mental health professional should be a top priority on your "Need to do" list.

I'm serious........ :cool:
What's sickening is these backwards ass barbarian Neanderthal throwbacks to the middle ages coming to the US and insisting on shoving their savage ideology down the throats of us normal people. Why do we have to see this ungodly filthy sight? Who do they think they are. Wear this shit in your own country! This is America in the 21st century MOHOMMOD!

Please Noomi, don't kid yourself. They don't choose to be this way. This is what they are taught from the moment they are born. To be submissive slaves, and cover themselves from top to bottom. What's so comfortable about covering yourself and getting heatstroke in the middle of a sunny boiling hot summer day, walking around in an open air market? You'd have to be insane to think that.

Do religious people choose to be religious, or are they only religious because it was how they were brought up?

A women cannot be a slave voluntarily, and nor is she submissive. As for being hot and getting heatstroke, how many burqa clad women are rushed to hospital each summer due to over heating? Not many, I would wager.

You really need to understand the reasons why women wish to cover up. Its not about being submissive, its about being modest and respectful.

You are so full of hate Roudy it's sickening.

A visit to a mental health professional should be a top priority on your "Need to do" list.

I'm serious........ :cool:
Sunni dog probably thinks its really cool that his fellow Muslims make America look like downtown Karachi or Riyadh shitholes.

Sunni Man probably thinks its really cool that his fellow Muslims make America look like downtown Karachi or Riyadh
You do realize that as an American born and raised.

I have every right to dress exactly how I want; just the same as you do.

And that as a citizen I have all of the same benefits, and privileges, as you Roudy

True story......... :cool:

Do religious people choose to be religious, or are they only religious because it was how they were brought up?

A women cannot be a slave voluntarily, and nor is she submissive. As for being hot and getting heatstroke, how many burqa clad women are rushed to hospital each summer due to over heating? Not many, I would wager.

You really need to understand the reasons why women wish to cover up. Its not about being submissive, its about being modest and respectful.
Most of them are fat ugly slobs, it's good they cover it up. I checked a few of them out, I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman it was so fucking ugly. If it were up to me I'd pass a law to hire a special force to RIP their veils off publicly humiliiating them.

So what you're telling me is the women living under the Taliban were enjoying it, because they felt "comfortable" being treated like shit? Don't kid yourself, it is what it is. They are brainwashed to be slaves to the male pigs in their societies. They don't have rights, and are basically treated as second class citizens and property of the men. That's why there are so many honor killings in Muslim countries.

When will they realize Americans don't want to see this depressing sign of Islamic opprssion here? If you want to come here you live by our rules and culture or get the fuck out. They expect us to live by their rules but don't accept our rules and culture? Run that by me again?!

Most of them are fat ugly slobs, it's good they cover it up. I checked a few of them out, I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman it was so fucking ugly. If it were up to me I'd pass a law to hire a special force to RIP their veils off publicly humiliiating them.

So what you're telling me is the women living under the Taliban were enjoying it, because they felt "comfortable" being treated like shit? Don't kid yourself, it is what it is. They are brainwashed to be slaves to the male pigs in their societies. They don't have rights, and are basically treated as second class citizens and property of the men. That's why there are so many honor killings in Muslim countries.

When will they realize Americans don't want to see this depressing sign of Islamic opprssion here? If you want to come here you live by our rules and culture or get the fuck out. They expect us to live by their rules but don't accept our rules and culture? Run that by me again?!

I find your opinion extremely disrespectful. There is no reason to insult Muslims like this.

I never said every women feels comfortable, but some of them do. I know it might sound strange that a women may be happy with covering her body, but there are women out there who prefer this.

This thread is about people disrespecting the cultures of another country - and you think that is okay, yet you expect people to live by the cultures in your own country. Isn't that just a tad one sided?

I find your opinion extremely disrespectful. There is no reason to insult Muslims like this.

I never said every women feels comfortable, but some of them do. I know it might sound strange that a women may be happy with covering her body, but there are women out there who prefer this.

This thread is about people disrespecting the cultures of another country - and you think that is okay, yet you expect people to live by the cultures in your own country. Isn't that just a tad one sided?
They feel comfortable like an animal that's been chained or caged all their life would feel comfortable. A fish would feel comfortable being in a fish bowl and trash life in the pond. That's why they passed laws in Francebanning this kind of Islamic clothing, it represents a state of mind and oppression.

Last edited:
When will they realize Americans don't want to see this depressing sign of Islamic opprssion here?
Actually Roudy, you seem to be the only one here throwing a big hissy fit over the way muslim women dress. :cuckoo:

Forget to take your meds today?? :lol:
Hey, just pointing out that it goes both ways. You don't like it? TOUGH.

We in the West get sick and wanna vomit when we see women treated like covered cows. It's barbaric. This ain't downtown Karachi, Abdul. Comprendeh? Muslim animals take pride in passing laws telling Westerners how to dress, with derogatory remarks as if any woman that doesn't fucking cover themselves with a curtain is a whore, yet you expect us to put up with this disgusting shit from Muslims? Typical Muslim mentality. The biggest violators of everything they preach others about.

Sunni Man probably thinks its really cool that his fellow Muslims make America look like downtown Karachi or Riyadh
You do realize that as an American born and raised.

I have every right to dress exactly how I want; just the same as you do.

And that as a citizen I have all of the same benefits, and privileges, as you Roudy

True story......... :cool:
Yet you cheer when another Muslim shithole passes laws telling non Muslims what to wear?

Enemy within fifth columner is what you are.

I cheer these two muslim women that started the blog about the obscene way that Western women dress in their country.

There needs to be a dress code for tourists and other foreign visitors.

If they don't like it; than don't visit. :cool:

^
I agree with this (except the bad spelling).

Americans and Europeans visiting in the middle east should be prepared to wear an abeya or burka and the men should leave their razors at home.

How lucky for you that you can wear the burka and grow a beard!

We in the West get sick and wanna vomit when we see women treated like covered cows.

Yet you are still unable to explain why you would be so offended when the woman in question has CHOSEN to wear the burqa.

On the whole women (and men) should be allowed to wear what they want. I do support the ban on burqa's in many Western countries though because it is illegal to disguise yourself in such a way as to be unrecognizable. Similarly, it is appropriate for employers to enforce certain reasonable dress codes for their employees.

As for other countries, each is entitled to their own law.

We in the West get sick and wanna vomit when we see women treated like covered cows.

Yet you are still unable to explain why you would be so offended when the woman in question has CHOSEN to wear the burqa.

On the whole women (and men) should be allowed to wear what they want. I do support the ban on burqa's in many Western countries though because it is illegal to disguise yourself in such a way as to be unrecognizable. Similarly, it is appropriate for employers to enforce certain reasonable dress codes for their employees.

I believe that if a woman wants to wear the burqa, she should be allowed to. But when she enters a bank, she must take the veil off, so her face can be seen. If she enters a store and the owner requests that she remove the veil, she should comply or leave. When she has her photo taken for her drivers license, she should take it off, and she should not be permitted to drive a vehicle while wearing the veil.

Would that be a fair compromise?

Well here we go again, Sharia law here we come.

r-UAE-DRESS-CODE-large570.jpg

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- With the number of foreigners dwarfing that of locals in her hometown of Abu Dhabi, Asma al-Muhairi has become increasingly anxious at the prospect of her younger nieces abandoning their full-length black robes in favor of Western attire that seems to be everywhere she goes.

But it wasn't until the 23-year-old marketing worker came face to face with two scantily-clad female foreigners at one of the many luxury shopping malls in the United Arab Emirates that she decided to take action.

"While going to a mall, I saw two ladies wearing ... I can't say even shorts. It was underwear," said al-Muhairi, whose black abaya – a long garment worn by conservative Gulf women – is offset by a gold Versace watch and egg-shell blue handbag.

"Really, they were not shorts," she said. "I was standing and thinking: `Why is this continuing? Why is it in the mall? I see families. I see kids around.'"

Failing to persuade the mall to intervene, al-Muhairi and another Emirati woman, Hanan al-Rayes, took to Twitter to air their concerns in May.

They were inundated with responses that prompted them to launch a Twitter campaign dubbed (at)UAEDressCode that aims to explore ways to combat the growing number of shoppers in low-cut dresses and hot pants.

As the campaign picked up steam, it also has served to symbolize the growing concerns among Emiratis, a tiny minority in their own country.

Emirati citizens account for a little more than 10 percent of the 8 million people living in the Gulf nation. Most of the population is made up of Asian, African and Middle Eastern guest workers, as well as Western expatriates living here temporarily.

The overall population more than doubled over the past decade as the country embarked on a building boom that transformed Dubai, up the coast from Abu Dhabi, into the Arabian Gulf's financial hub and a popular tourist draw.

"I think in an increasingly tumultuous region and in an era of powerful and often intrusive globalizing forces, citizens of the UAE are increasingly concerned that their traditions and core values are being eroded," said Christopher Davidson, an expert on Gulf affairs at Britain's Durham University.

"In some senses, it is a grassroots reaction to authorities and leaders that have for many years done little to check this erosion," he added. "We've seen reactions to alcohol, so now we are seeing a reaction to immodest dress."

Doubt this will do wonders for their tourism, but it's their choice.

I believe that if a woman wants to wear the burqa, she should be allowed to. But when she enters a bank, she must take the veil off, so her face can be seen. If she enters a store and the owner requests that she remove the veil, she should comply or leave. When she has her photo taken for her drivers license, she should take it off, and she should not be permitted to drive a vehicle while wearing the veil.

Would that be a fair compromise?

Not really. In several countries the law clearly stipulates one is not allowed to be in public masked. Such laws should be enforced. This doesn't prevent women from wearing a headscarf if they want. But a real burqa ir niqab is simply not acceptable in Western society I feel. And the law must be upheld for everyone.

I don't give a shit what the hoi polloi do in their own country.
I have no plans on visiting the Middle East in my life time as there is absolutely nothing there I wish to see.

What is wrong with a dress code? If you are visiting another country that is more conservative when it comes to clothing, then you should respect that culture and cover up. Parading around half naked shows a lack of respect for that country and its people.

That lady in your avatar needs to cover up, its offending me.

Forum List

Back