elizabeth warren:fighter for the middle class?

She began teaching at Harvard Law School in 1992 as a visiting professor, and began a permanent position as Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law in 1995.
Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warren’s salary at Harvard could still be used as a cudgel against her populist positions. According to documents filed with the Senate, as Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law, she made $349,375 in 2009 in addition to more than $182,000 in royalties and consulting fees.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...nder-warren/2a5aK3CYrMOwxQ67jL0EjM/story.html

In 1999, Cleary Gottlieb was one of the leading issuer's counsel in each of the three principal categories of capital market issuances: equity, debt and high yield debt.' The firm continues to help governments around the world privatize their state-owned enterprises. It helped pioneer mortgage-backed securities and persists in developing innovative forms of financing. Over 200 of its 600 plus attorneys work in its overseas offices in Paris, Brussels, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Frankfurt, and Rome.
Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton: Information from Answers.com

Mortgage-backed securities have been singled out as the culprit for economic turmoil in 2008.
HowStuffWorks "How can mortgage-backed securities bring down the U.S. economy?"

indian-emoticon.gif
:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

"The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has struck again with an enforcement action against credit card abuse. Previously, CFPB got a full refund for Capital One customers deceived into paying for add-on services on their credit card. Building on that work, CFPB joined with the FDIC to file a similar enforcement action with Discover, another major player in the credit card industry. Much like the Capital One action, CFPB will obtain a full refund for all Discover card customers who were persuaded into the add-on services."

:clap2:

.....And, the STUPID, FUCKIN' TEABAGGERS/"conservatives" DON'T EVEN
GET IT!!!!!

:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
Umm Shamalamadingdong...? Did you know that a whole fourteen people showed up at the Massachusetts Tea Party event when Scott Brown was running in 2008?

Very impressive!

They found a "conservative" who could count-that-high, huh?

:clap2:

I will say, I liked her a hell of a lot more before she started running for office.

To think I was looking forward to someone running for office, that hasn't happened in a long time.

Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Even though so many Republicans are the Middle Class and the poor, they've been brainwashed into hating the Middle Class and the poor. It's why the Deputy Prime Minister call the GOP the "Party of Crazies and Cranks". It's not just here. The entire world thinks the GOP has gone completely loony.

And...........Most of the people who voted for Scott Brown are not Republicans. :eusa_shhh:

His opponent wasn't very good and he certainly has cultivated an image as a "good guy".

But I wonder how much damage he caused his image by attacking Warren personally instead of her policies.

And, he is keeping his distance from Mitt Romney and pretending he's a Republican in name only.

Anyone who has followed that race even a little knows this to be true.

Hope that helped.

Even though so many Republicans are the Middle Class and the poor, they've been brainwashed into hating the Middle Class and the poor. It's why the Deputy Prime Minister call the GOP the "Party of Crazies and Cranks". It's not just here. The entire world thinks the GOP has gone completely loony.

And...........Most of the people who voted for Scott Brown are not Republicans. :eusa_shhh:

His opponent wasn't very good and he certainly has cultivated an image as a "good guy".

But I wonder how much damage he caused his image by attacking Warren personally instead of her policies.

And, he is keeping his distance from Mitt Romney and pretending he's a Republican in name only.

Anyone who has followed that race even a little knows this to be true.

Hope that helped.

12.50% of registered voters in Massachusetts consider themselves "Republicans"
Massachusetts Republican Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ I hope that helped! :thup:

She did what lawyers do. If you read the entire article with an open mind - it doesn't sound too bad.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Yeah right...and Custer was just wonderful to the Sioux right...

She did what lawyers do. If you read the entire article with an open mind - it doesn't sound too bad.

If you read the entire article, it sounds very bad for her. There were two sides in the legal case: Retirees v. LTV. Did Warren fight for the retirees? No. Warren was AGAINST the retiree side.

“In the LTV steel case, there was never any question that coal miners and their surviving spouses would receive their full benefits under the Coal Act,” spokeswoman Alethea Harney. “This case involved bankruptcy principles and who would pay what into the fund.”

People read but apparently many of us do not understand what they have read.
Which is the most common effect of the repetitive mental conditioning called brainwash. Some people believe what they are conditioned to believe, which accounts for such Tea Party campaign slogans such as, "Keep Government's Hands Off My Medicare!"

That isn't stupidity. It's indoctrination. Brainwash.

Forum List

Back