Republicans for Obama

I know two very conservative friends who plan on voting for O

We know Obama has lost some support from 2008. Some people, rightly or wrongly, place the blame on him, so they are voting Romney. Despite this, Obama continues to maintain a lead in the polls and recently he seems to have increased that lead. This accurately demonstrates that Obama is receiving support from some people who did not support him in 2008.

Jeb Bush is one of the few people to understand what is happening, but he's not saying much. The Republican Party has driven off many of its moderates because of its insistence on going with a draconian right wing agenda. While this is killing Romney, the long term implications have to be downright frightening to Republicans, but I don't think they have realized this yet.

:eusa_hand:There’s going to be many more Dems voting for Romney than the other way around… This is a failed thread waiting to happen

Well then this election should be a landslide victory for Romney, wouldn't you agree? Or are you suggesting that Obama is going to take the majority of the independent vote?

:eusa_hand:There’s going to be many more Dems voting for Romney than the other way around… This is a failed thread waiting to happen

Well then this election should be a landslide victory for Romney, wouldn't you agree? Or are you suggesting that Obama is going to take the majority of the independent vote?

Most Republicans are solidly against Obama, a lot of democrats are not happy with Obama and his economy, since there are more registered Democrats it won’t mean a "landslide" if some vote for Romney which they will, a higher % Dems will vote Romney, rather than "Republicans" voting Obama. I'll guarantee you that

Most Republicans are solidly against Obama, a lot of democrats are not happy with Obama and his economy, since there are more registered Democrats it won’t mean a "landslide" if some vote for Romney which they will, a higher % Dems will vote Romney, rather than "Republicans" voting Obama. I'll guarantee you that

You can make that argument but even Rasmussen disagrees with you. According to Rasmussen there are considerably more registered Republicans than Democrats.

Summary of Party Affiliation - Rasmussen Reports™

Based on these numbers, your argument holds no merit. Not only does this counter your argument, it makes a case that there must be many more Republicans supporting Obama than we think. And all I was doing was stating a case that there are a substantial number of Republicans supporting Obama, because most people here assume that the only ones crossing party lines are Democrats supporting Romney.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back