Eliminate income taxes for the 95% on the bottom.

Let's start with: Military spending has already been cut and we are having trouble maintaining our readiness.
We need to examine our commitments. There is no reason why Europe and Japan and our other allies can't start paying for all of their own defense. Let's watch them try to look down their noses at us when they struggle to figure out how to pay for socialized medicine AND all of their own defense.

Our defense spending and our readiness are also negatively affected by the massive police state we have. DHS needs to go.

Last edited:
The "bottom" is already not paying income taxes.

This shows a big part of our problem right here. Morons like you who don't actually know what's going on. Only 3% of people have zero income tax liability due to their income. The rest are people whose income liability is reduced to zero through various applications of credits and itemized deductions. Including a substantial number of people who earn more than $200,000 a year.

This shows a big part of our problem right here. Morons like you who don't actually know what's going on. Only 3% of people have zero income tax liability due to their income. The rest are people whose income liability is reduced to zero through various applications of credits and itemized deductions. Including a substantial number of people who earn more than $200,000 a year.
You are making my exact point about tax expenditures!

umbshit. Not paying taxes is not paying taxes. The bottom 40% have a negative tax rate. THey get back more than they pay in.

umbshit. Not paying taxes is not paying taxes. The bottom 40% have a negative tax rate. THey get back more than they pay in.
Any non-public school HS freshman could figure it out.

Wht an idiotic idea. Only a numbskull with no grasp of the situation would suggest it.

Actually, it's been done before in our country, with great success. Less taxes, fewer people paying them, less spending.

Let's start with: Military spending has already been cut and we are having trouble maintaining our readiness. You want to cut even more?

We need to get our military out of the rest of the world's problems.

Second, how are you planning on slashing 50% from Social Security. My mother lives on about 1,000/mo SS. You want to cut that to $500?

Maybe your mother should be self sufficient. It's not the government's responsibility to take care of her. Even still, it would actually be possible to not cut SS spending, and still produce a surplus with the rest of the spending cuts.

I believe EVERYONE should pay something in income taxes - even if it is only $1.
Because I think everyone should have some skin in the game.

Let's start with: Military spending has already been cut and we are having trouble maintaining our readiness.
We need to examine our commitments. There is no reason why Europe and Japan and our other allies can't start paying for all of their own defense. Let's watch them try to look down their noses at us when they struggle to figure out how to pay for socialized medicine AND all of their own defense.

Our defense spending and our readiness are also negatively affected by the massive police state we have. DHS needs to go.

An excellent example of myopia mixed with simplistic solutions.

You will never get what is bankrupting this country cut... Dems want all the services and when in power do more war than Republicans. Republicans want war and when in power push more services. It's not that people don't or won;t talk about cuts, it's that both parties run on cutting spending (both of them, every election) then they increase spending.

How many times did House Republicans try to push through a forlorn attempt to repeal Obamacare? You're right, both parties shit on us. But shouldn't we start demanding that both parties stop shitting on us? Lowering taxes, helping the poor and middle class, reducing entitlements, balancing the budget and paying off debt. It's a win for everyone. If we're not willing to demand it from our elected officials when it's so very easily available, then we don't deserve to have them do what we claim we want them to do.

I agree but they continue to shit on us.

Wht an idiotic idea. Only a numbskull with no grasp of the situation would suggest it.

Actually, it's been done before in our country, with great success. Less taxes, fewer people paying them, less spending.

Let's start with: Military spending has already been cut and we are having trouble maintaining our readiness. You want to cut even more?

We need to get our military out of the rest of the world's problems.

Second, how are you planning on slashing 50% from Social Security. My mother lives on about 1,000/mo SS. You want to cut that to $500?

Maybe your mother should be self sufficient. It's not the government's responsibility to take care of her. Even still, it would actually be possible to not cut SS spending, and still produce a surplus with the rest of the spending cuts.
Maybe my mother should get back the money she paid into the system over 40+ years of work. Ever think of that, genius?
Yeah, your plan is a pipe dream of half baked crap that doesnt add up.

Won't happen, we are too far gone with almost 47% of the people in this country on some form of Government (Taxpayers) assistance

I don't see a way anything will work.
Work works.

This country was built on "you don't work, you don't eat".

It is falling on "you don't work, we will pay you to lay around and fuck".

I know. we are about over the cliff I'm afraid. Every time a Republican even mentions cutting something the left/dems head explode. The Democrats knows what they are doing and I'm afraid now the Republicans are no better

We are well over the cliff, not even the 'rich' can bail us out now. And big spending establishment Republicans are not much better. They all started foaming at the mouth about a tiny fraction of a reduction in a spending increase last year...its clear to me the corrupt bunch of bastards in DC won't stop spending until the country falls to ruin.

And then drastically reduce government spending, including substantial reductions in food stamps, medicare, and Social Security; that is, a 50% reduction. Also reduce defense spending by 10% total. Doing this would create budgetary surplus in excess of $600 billion on FY 2015.

But I'm sure that nobody wants to talk about that. Would make too much damned sense.

Establish a federal sales tax and do away with the income tax altogether. It's not just the top 5% that use the highways and benefit from the military and other government programs. Let everyone pay a little.

And then drastically reduce government spending, including substantial reductions in food stamps, medicare, and Social Security; that is, a 50% reduction. Also reduce defense spending by 10% total. Doing this would create budgetary surplus in excess of $600 billion on FY 2015.

But I'm sure that nobody wants to talk about that. Would make too much damned sense.

Establish a federal sales tax and do away with the income tax altogether. It's not just the top 5% that use the highways and benefit from the military and other government programs. Let everyone pay a little.
Yeah I dont trust VATs. In Europe they create yet another huge bureacracy unaccountable to anyone and people trying to game the system.
Flat tax. Everyone pays the same percentage on all income, no deductions.

The 65 year old of today is far healthier and fit than the 65 year old of 1935. Simple fact.

Actually, it's far more subjective. Yes, the average 65 year old is more fit today, but there isn't that much difference in the health of an average 65 year old today than in 1935. The main reason the average lifespan has increased is because medical development has provided far more effective treatments for the maladies that effect older individuals. Cancer, heart attacks, and strokes are substantially more survivable today than they were back then. Longer lifespans are not due to the frailty of old age setting in later. It's because frailty is more survivable.

But more to the point, I think you missed the underlying problem. Increases in average fitness longevity do not match increases in average life longevity in a year-for-year manner. Currently, the average lifespan for American males is 77.5 years. Back in 1935 it was 60 years. That's a 17+ year increase. If we envision that increase continuing the same rate, then 80 from now we could expect an average lifespan of 95 years old. Do you really think it's reasonable to expect people to continue working until they are 87 years old (your proposed retirement age of 70 plus 17 years to account for increased life expectancy)?

Your suggestion to index the retirement age to population demographics is interesting. But I think it would be too volatile to be effective. It would be subject to yearly variations in birth and death rates. At the current moment, the oldest 9% of the population is older than it will likely be when Generation X starts to retire. The retirement age would constantly be going up and down. There would be instances of people reaching their retirement age one year but dropping below it the following year.

Cut Social Security by 50%? That's generous! Let's all tell the old folks that you want to do that! Merry Christmas!

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Every deduction, exemption, or credit is a government handout, by definition.

Alright, then there is nothing less to discuss with you. For someone who recently said that once upon a time a conservative was the most intelligent person in the room, you sure are presenting some really stupid ideas.

Not being taxed is not a government handout.

There is no political will to curb spending.

1) If spending is cut, bureaucrats will not run their offices more efficiently, they will try to make it hurt as much as possible in order to try to convince us to give them back the extra money. People will yell and scream over the ensuing hardships and vote for someone who will restore the spending.

2) Everyone argues over WHAT to cut. Most want the government to spend less, but almost everyone has their "pet" programs that they do not want to cut. Just about every dollar we spend has SOMEONE yelling and screaming for that dollar.

There is no easy way out. We have to balance the budget. It is going to hurt and there will be yelling and screaming from all over. We're going to have to have some outstanding leadership if we are going to get this done and not cave when the yelling starts.

Cut Social Security by 50%? That's generous! Let's all tell the old folks that you want to do that! Merry Christmas!

So you don't want to reduce taxes on the poor and middle class while also reducing spending?

So you don't want to reduce taxes on the poor and middle class while also reducing spending?
Reducing Social Security benefits effects the elderly and the infirmed. Should they suffer because the wealthy want to get wealthier?

2) Everyone argues over WHAT to cut. Most want the government to spend less, but almost everyone has their "pet" programs that they do not want to cut. Just about every dollar we spend has SOMEONE yelling and screaming for that dollar.

Yes, everyone wants someone else's spending cut, but not their own.

Forum List

Back