Eliminate consecutive terms?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
I think term limits are moronic.

I also see the practical problem of running for office while trying to execute the duties of office.

What do you think about allowing someone in all federal elected positions - house, senate, and presidency and vice presidency - to serve as many tems as they like - but restrict them from being a candidate for any of those offices while holding one of them?

I very much like the idea of term limits. it would keep government freeloaders like Joe Biden out of everyone else's pocket and make him do some actual work to take care of his family. These guys get dug in up there on Capital Hill and just put money in each others pockets rather then trying to do good by the nation.

I very much like the idea of term limits. it would keep government freeloaders like Joe Biden out of everyone else's pocket and make him do some actual work to take care of his family. These guys get dug in up there on Capital Hill and just put money in each others pockets rather then trying to do good by the nation.

Term limits are only for stupid electorates and if that's the case they do no good.

How long have you lived in Deleware?

Lets see, in order to Amend the Constitution one has to get an Amendment past both houses of Congress and then the popular vote in 37 States. Do we see any problems yet?

Ohh I don't know, like maybe Congress will never go for either term limits or the idea of non consecutive terms.

Both ideas presuppose the electorate is stupid. I believe they are BUT term limits are already allowed, it is called the election. If freedom means idiots run things then get used to it.

I have had to put up with Obama for 4 years and my local US representative since 1996 and I am STILL opposed to term limits or this proposal. I did not like Clinton either but the term limits on the Presidency are stupid too, if the people are dumb enough to elect a crook and a womanizer repeatedly to the Presidency that is their right.

Forum List

Back