Eli Manning has announced...........

Is Eli Manning one of the greatest QBs of all time? No
Is he a Hall of Famer? Without question

Eli was never a top-five quarterback any year he played. Utterly average.

Eli is the reason Tom Brady doesn’t have eight rings

As I said, he’ll get in because of a Tom and a Peyton, not because of an Eli.
Eli is 7th all time in yardage and TDs

Over 16 years of average play. Most QBs don’t play 16 years.
Most QBs are not two time SB MVPs

He’s going to get in. In a perfect world where the hall of fame is a meritocracy it’s debatable, but if Broadway Joe is in Eli is going in. I don’t believe he’ll get get in first ballot. Personally I lean on the side on giving him the nod. He was the most durable QB I’ve ever seen, and that should count for a lot in one of the most brutal sports. The Giants have won two Super Bowls manly because of him.

He’s going to get in. In a perfect world where the hall of fame is a meritocracy it’s debatable, but if Broadway Joe is in Eli is going in. I don’t believe he’ll get get in first ballot. Personally I lean on the side on giving him the nod. He was the most durable QB I’ve ever seen, and that should count for a lot in one of the most brutal sports. The Giants have won two Super Bowls manly because of him.
I'd have to disagree. Dan Fouts is the most durable QB I've ever seen.

Not because of him at all. In '07 the defense carried that team. He played well in '11, but in the end his contribution to those two wins comes down to two throws (one of which was only a completion due to a one-in-a-million catch).

Take two wins out of a 16 year career and even the most ardent huthuggers here wouldn't even be talking about it.

the Dan Fouts era was a bit before my time.

the Dan Fouts era was a bit before my time.
Well, here are the stats.

Dan Fouts Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

What the stats don't tell you is that he played behind one of the worst O-lines in football and every game, was bloodied and beat up.

In all that, he still had a pretty decent passing yardage per game.

He wasn't the best QB, but I was always impressed that he managed to come back the next week. lol

Not because of him at all. In '07 the defense carried that team. He played well in '11, but in the end his contribution to those two wins comes down to two throws (one of which was only a completion due to a one-in-a-million catch).

Take two wins out of a 16 year career and even the most ardent huthuggers here wouldn't even be talking about it.

what individual player would you say had more of an impact than Eli? If you say the defenses won those super bowls you have an argument. But those defenses weren’t top ten defenses either. It’s not like the defenses carried him during the seasons and through both playoff appearances.

what individual player would you say had more of an impact than Eli? If you say the defenses won those super bowls you have an argument. But those defenses weren’t top ten defenses either. It’s not like the defenses carried him during the seasons and through both playoff appearances.

He did not play well during either of those regular seasons. The defense DID carry him. He had two good post seasons. Four times one and done in the playoffs. Over 16 years that's hardly enough.

He did not play well during either of those regular seasons. The defense DID carry him. He had two good post seasons. Four times one and done in the playoffs. Over 16 years that's hardly enough.

He had two historic post seasons

He had two historic post seasons

Two consequential passes out of a 16 year career. Nowhere near enough.

Forum List

Back