Eli Manning has announced...........

NFC player of the month ONCE in 16 years.
SB MVP.......TWICE
Super bowls victories or Championships are the bell weather in Pro Football. Two Super bowls wins gives him the Hall of Fame!

Jim Plunkett. Eli is exactly the same.

Eli is seventh all time in passing and TDs

Any scrub in the league for 16 years can and will surpass those figures. In 16 seasons he was never once a top-5 QB. In 16 years he was only named NFC player of the week 4 times. 4 times out of 16 seasons. Average is being generous.

Most historic games in NFL history

1958 Colts defeat Giants in OT behind Johnny Unitas
1967 Packers defeat Cowboys in Ice Bowl behind Bart Starr
SB III Joe Namath leads Jets over Colts
2007 Eli Manning leads Giants to beat undefeated Patriots

SB MVP.......TWICE
Super bowls victories or Championships are the bell weather in Pro Football. Two Super bowls wins gives him the Hall of Fame!

Any scrub in the league for 16 years can and will surpass those figures. In 16 seasons he was never once a top-5 QB. In 16 years he was only named NFC player of the week 4 times. 4 times out of 16 seasons. Average is being generous.
Many scrubs have played 16 years

If you throw out those Super Bowls he doesn’t get in imo. But those Super Bowls count. Bigly. The guy was also class personified

If you throw out those Super Bowls he doesn’t get in imo. But those Super Bowls count. Bigly. The guy was also class personified

Throw out those two Super Bowls and you get Philip Rivers
Great numbers but never delivered in the playoffs

meh it’s close. Rivers had better numbers but also played with Gates and Tomlinson. Eli didn’t have the weapons. Personally I’d give the slight edge to Rivers.

meh it’s close. Rivers had better numbers but also played with Gates and Tomlinson. Eli didn’t have the weapons. Personally I’d give the slight edge to Rivers.

I’d agree Rivers is a better QB
But he doesn’t have an historic victory

They’ll both get in, but Eli will be more etched in history because of the Super Bowls and because he played for a New York team.

They’ll both get in, but Eli will be more etched in history because of the Super Bowls and because he played for a New York team.
Big Ben, Eli and Rivers will probably all get in

SB MVP.......TWICE

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

He’s going to get in. In a perfect world where the hall of fame is a meritocracy it’s debatable, but if Broadway Joe is in Eli is going in. I don’t believe he’ll get get in first ballot. Personally I lean on the side on giving him the nod. He was the most durable QB I’ve ever seen, and that should count for a lot in one of the most brutal sports. The Giants have won two Super Bowls manly because of him.

Not because of him at all. In '07 the defense carried that team. He played well in '11, but in the end his contribution to those two wins comes down to two throws (one of which was only a completion due to a one-in-a-million catch).

Take two wins out of a 16 year career and even the most ardent huthuggers here wouldn't even be talking about it.

what individual player would you say had more of an impact than Eli? If you say the defenses won those super bowls you have an argument. But those defenses weren’t top ten defenses either. It’s not like the defenses carried him during the seasons and through both playoff appearances.

He did not play well during either of those regular seasons. The defense DID carry him. He had two good post seasons. Four times one and done in the playoffs. Over 16 years that's hardly enough.
How many QBs have won two Super Bowls in 16 years and are not in the HOF?

SB MVP.......TWICE

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

No thanks

..........his retirement from the NFL. Do you think he's Hall of Fame material? I believe he is. His overall stats are impressive and he has two Super Bowl rings. Please discuss...........

Good Stats, and two Superbowls where he played his ass off.

In football Championships matter.

.508 win/loss record. Almost exactly average.

Since football is a divided sport (truly separate offensive and defensive units, win/loss doesn't really apply.

Championships help his case, but it's not the only case for him.

2008 Playoff run

At Tampa Bay Giants 3 point underdogs. Giants by 10
At Dallas. Giants 7 point underdogs. Giants by 4
At Green Bay. Giants 8 point underdogs Giants by 3
Super Bowl against undefeated Patriots. Giants 13 point underdogs. Giants by 3

SB MVP.......TWICE

Forum List

Back