Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Electric cars are heavily dependent on toxic chemicals to be built. Even something as simple as mining the Copper which electric vehicles have an enormous amount of copper in them, are an environmental nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

Here are copper mines seen from space.

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

162656main_image_feature_697_ys_full.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

The dirty little secret of "renewable" energy
It's not renewable if you are mining the elements and metals like I have shown here. And the Electricity produced to charge these vehicles has to come from Hydrocarbons. No way could we rely on something as undependable as solar or wind.

The entire world will starve or freeze to death if you eliminate hydrocarbons.

Electric cars are heavily dependent on toxic chemicals to be built. Even something as simple as mining the Copper which electric vehicles have an enormous amount of copper in them, are an environmental nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

It's not renewable if you are mining the elements and metals like I have shown here. And the Electricity produced to charge these vehicles has to come from Hydrocarbons. No way could we rely on something as undependable as solar or wind.

We could go 100% nuclear.

These are Lead and Zinc mines. Again this is required for Electric Vehicles.

ScoZinc-1680x600.jpg

Diavik-Diamond-Mine-mod.jpg

bagger-288-3.jpg

Iron mines arent much different

View attachment 266629

and getting oil has now resorted to creating mini earthquakes which last forever,,,and cant be good for the planet,,,

so we are fucked either way

Again, you like most Americans and especially Liberals are WOEFULLY UNEDUCATED.

Fracking does not produce Earthquakes.

Fracking does at times create subsidence tremors which are completely unrelated to Earthquakes.

Earthquakes are created by a sudden release of tension between two tectonic plates or a fault.

Subsidence tremors are nothing more than a shallow P- and S- wave like a sound wave that is produced when a large volume of Brine is pumped in to a sedimentary layer to extract oil and natural gas.
C4FON0LWcAItsBd.jpg
fracking is a mini earthquake and really stupid,,,

and more proof the oil is running out,,,at least to the point of cost for getting it,,,

it used to be just drill a hole and stand back, now its a major event to get it

Subsidence Tremors are not Earthquakes.

Educate yourself.

A Landslide produces a subsidence tremor. A Large Truck going down your street produces a tremor.
Hulk Hogan Body Slamming Someone produces a tremor.

The Subsidence Tremors that are sometimes produced by Fracking are completely unrelated to Earthquakes.

But Enviro Whackos like all Democrats like to lie and scare people, so you will always have that kind of Fake News dumped on Stupid People.

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

who said anything about eliminating them???

its about getting prepared for the future,,,

These are Lead and Zinc mines. Again this is required for Electric Vehicles.

ScoZinc-1680x600.jpg

Diavik-Diamond-Mine-mod.jpg

bagger-288-3.jpg

Iron mines arent much different

View attachment 266629

and getting oil has now resorted to creating mini earthquakes which last forever,,,and cant be good for the planet,,,

so we are fucked either way

Again, you like most Americans and especially Liberals are WOEFULLY UNEDUCATED.

Fracking does not produce Earthquakes.

Fracking does at times create subsidence tremors which are completely unrelated to Earthquakes.

Earthquakes are created by a sudden release of tension between two tectonic plates or a fault.

Subsidence tremors are nothing more than a shallow P- and S- wave like a sound wave that is produced when a large volume of Brine is pumped in to a sedimentary layer to extract oil and natural gas.
C4FON0LWcAItsBd.jpg
fracking is a mini earthquake and really stupid,,,

and more proof the oil is running out,,,at least to the point of cost for getting it,,,

it used to be just drill a hole and stand back, now its a major event to get it

Subsidence Tremors are not Earthquakes.

Educate yourself.

A Landslide produces a subsidence tremor. A Large Truck going down your street produces a tremor.
Hulk Hogan Body Slamming Someone produces a tremor.

The Subsidence Tremors that are sometimes produced by Fracking are completely unrelated to Earthquakes.

I never said they were,,,

maybe you should read what I said before you twist my words rant incoherently,,,

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

This is a bullshit argument. Ummm the downsides of this bad stuff utilized once in building a vehicle vs bad stuff generated every mile they drive,......
Add to that the toxic waste dump that are rare earth metal mines

And we have enough nuclear material sitting around to power the entire country for a couple centuries or more

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

The Green New Scam wants to eliminate them.

And The Future is Hydrocarbon

Your PC cannot exist without Hydrocarbons, neither can space travel.

Hell, you cannot even make a wind turbine or solar panel without hydrocarbons and polymers.

I'm a big proponent of technology. Love it.

But, I swear to God, if dimocrap scum are involved in it? They WILL fuck it up.

Everything they touch turns to shit. Everything.

I'd love to see E-Cars on the road a lot more.

Maybe we could get the goobermint to standardize a battery pack and have places along the road, like Gas Stations, where you could stop and swap a dead battery pack for a fresh one and head on down the road. That would be pretty far in the future.

I'd also like to see overcrowded Cities, like New Yawk Shitty, ban private cars in their downtown area altogether. Have free buses you can just hop onto and ride around in.

But, again, since dimocrap FILTH will be involved, it won't be possible.

They'll have 20 homeless fucks per busload living in them, thieving lawyers suing the City at every turn......

In Philthydelphia, there has been a plague of lawsuits over minor Bus accidents. Since it's almost impossible to prove who was and wasn't on a Bus when it got hit or hit something, they've paid out as many as 250 claims on one Bus accident.

In fact, there was a Bus Accident announced on the radio one time and over 50 people showed up and said they were hurt on the Bus.

Problem was, the Bus hadn't left the Bus Yard yet. It hit the gate on the way out.

You can't do anything in this Country until you exterminate the dimocrap scum party. It's just hopeless as long as those scumbags are on the loose.

I'd love to see some new Tech. But as long as dimocrap scum have any power at all, it will be a shit-show.

With them, it always is.

Look at the Hi-Speed Rail system in Kalifornication. Another dimocrap scum fuckup. Which is really all they know how to do.

You want a nice Country? Get rid of dimocrap scum. One way or the other.

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

The future is nuclear

The only incentive needed is for them to be cheaper, more convenient, and drive better than internal combustion engine cars. Until or unless that happens, no other incentives will be effective.

Exactly.....when you wake up in the morning and realize you forgot to plug in your car, then have to wait hours for it to charge? Vs. Spending 5 minutes at a pump to put gas in......

Yeah.....the wonders of electric cars...

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

Hell, you cannot even make a wind turbine or solar panel without hydrocarbons and polymers.

I never said they could,,,

and yes the green scam is exactly that,,,but thats a different subject,,,

Maybe we could get the goobermint to standardize a battery pack and have places along the road, like Gas Stations, where you could stop and swap a dead battery pack for a fresh one and head on down the road. That would be pretty far in the future.

I'd also like to see overcrowded Cities, like New Yawk Shitty, ban private cars in their downtown area altogether. Have free buses you can just hop onto and ride around in.

They'll have 20 homeless fucks per busload living in them, thieving lawyers suing the City at every turn......

In Philthydelphia, there has been a plague of lawsuits over minor Bus accidents. Since it's almost impossible to prove who was and wasn't on a Bus when it got hit or hit something, they've paid out as many as 250 claims on one Bus accident.

In fact, there was a Bus Accident announced on the radio one time and over 50 people showed up and said they were hurt on the Bus.

Problem was, the Bus hadn't left the Bus Yard yet. It hit the gate on the way out.

You can't do anything in this Country until you exterminate the dimocrap scum party. It's just hopeless as long as those scumbags are on the loose.

I'd love to see some new Tech. But as long as dimocrap scum have any power at all, it will be a shit-show.

With them, it always is.

Look at the Hi-Speed Rail system in Kalifornication. Another dimocrap scum fuckup. Which is really all they know how to do.

Look at their cousins in Russia.....Chernobyl....... democrats can't do anything right...

With them, it always is.

you left out republicans that fuck up everything left after the dems have left the room,,,

What the ignorant electric car proponents really want is for the government to underwrite the cost and maintenance of these things and tax gas consumption to the point where Americans can't afford to drive anything that isn't sanctioned by the government. If they worked efficiently everyone would be driving them. Someday the private sector might develop something that appeals to the public but don't count on it in the near future.

The only incentive needed is for them to be cheaper, more convenient, and drive better than internal combustion engine cars. Until or unless that happens, no other incentives will be effective.

Exactly.....when you wake up in the morning and realize you forgot to plug in your car, then have to wait hours for it to charge? Vs. Spending 5 minutes at a pump to put gas in......

EVs have a place in transportation.

Denying that is a bit naive

and I hate to break it to you but oil is running out and we can never grow enough corn to replace it,,,or cook enough french fries,,,

No it isn't. That is an uninformed and ignorant statement. In the Bakken Field alone, we have over 300 years of Oil available

EVs have a place in transportation.

Denying that is a bit naive

A tiny place for rich people who have 3 or for regular cars for when they forget to charge their token electric car...

What the ignorant electric car proponents really want is for the government to underwrite the cost and maintenance of these things and tax gas consumption to the point where Americans can't afford to drive anything that isn't sanctioned by the government. If they worked efficiently everyone would be driving them. Someday the private sector might develop something that appeals to the public but don't count on it in the near future.
The problem there is when more people are driving EVs there will not be enough taxes collected to maintain roads,

With the EV will come the per mile driven tax

Forum List

Back