Elections have consequences said Obama once upon a time

Yeah I forgot, elections don't actually matter when you're a king with a pen & phone.
In this case you got that more or less right. Now start dealing with it because as long as he has the veto and you don't have the votes to beat it, there is damn little you can do so try governing instead, just for a change.

To liberals, only Democrats do the work of the people. If the people put republicans in charge, it's ok for the president to do the work of the party because republicans do not.

Such arrogance from these modern day 'liberals'. Like fascists.

You'd think the GOP would have told us all the great stuff they plan to do starting in January. I must have missed that press conference.

You think they'll continue to work fewer days than any other Congress?

What will be fun is to watch Boehner swearing in Mike Grimm. He's gonn a need a few pops for that one.

The election is over and we won, also said by Obama.

I guess all you dems need to get to the back of the bus & be quiet.

Obama was elected for 4 years. Why are you trying to ignore that consequence?

And the most recent election is to be ignored?

Did Reagan resign after the GOP got its ass kicked in 1986?

No, he figured out how to get things done with a Congress that hated him. I don't think Obama has the ability to do that.

Some more than others. 2008 more than 2010. 2012 more than 2014.....ect.

Still if they want to get something done in the next two year they will have to compromise.

You'd think the GOP would have told us all the great stuff they plan to do starting in January. I must have missed that press conference.

You think they'll continue to work fewer days than any other Congress?

What will be fun is to watch Boehner swearing in Mike Grimm. He's gonn a need a few pops for that one.
Yeah yu did miss it.

No, he figured out how to get things done with a Congress that hated him. I don't think Obama has the ability to do that.

The increasingly petulant hatred shown the last two presidents was not as apparent in the 80's. Compromise was still possible, politically.

The increasingly petulant hatred shown the last two presidents was not as apparent in the 80's. Compromise was still possible, politically.
And yet Bush managed to get bipartisan legislation passed and Obama cannot.

Democrats were still willing.

Will the GOP be?

Will the GOP be?
Dems were willing because Bush would largely go along with what they wanted.
Will Obama do the same? History says No.

Will the GOP be?
Dems were willing because Bush would largely go along with what they wanted.
Will Obama do the same? History says No.

You have it bad, bro! Who ya picking for 2016? You gonna move your support a half dozen times again?

Usually that is true, but when everything you can manage to pass can be vetoed and you don't have the votes to beat it, not so much.

As for being quiet, not a chance. Now the fun begins.

You are now the minority voice. The Will of the People spoke and it was not for Democrats. Democrats should Be loud. Be Very loud. Democrats should let the People what they stand for. In 2014, they ran FROM Obama and still lost. Perhaps they should run WITH Obama.

Forum List

Back