Elderly Turn Against Obamacare

Its already happening, that why this bill is so unpopular and Obama's approvals are sinking like a stone.

People are tired of being lied to, and told if they don't support spending trillions the country will end and nobody will have health care.

Obama has tried that scare tactic nonsense one time too many.

Its already happening, that why this bill is so unpopular and Obama's approvals are sinking like a stone.

People are tired of being lied to, and told if they don't support spending trillions the country will end and nobody will have health care.

Yes indeed! The same who are complaining those against Obamacare are utilizing scare tactics don't seem willing to admit that is was scare tactics that in great part elected Obama.

There will be some version of watered-down health care reform, but Obamacare appears DOA.

Yes indeed! The same who are complaining those against Obamacare are utilizing scare tactics don't seem willing to admit that is was scare tactics that in great part elected Obama.

There will be some version of watered-down health care reform, but Obamacare appears DOA.

Perhaps Obama would benefit from some end of health reform campaign counseling.

However, I will tell you this. The Elderly do not like being lied to. They do not like being scared unnecessarily. Eventually, this will turn around and bite the fear mongerers.
Exactly. The sooner the better.
then obama better stop LYING to em

i got NEWS for ya
the things thats gonna be bit in the ass are the democrats for lying about the people protesting this monstrosity

Cool, propaganda works! The article I read about this credits it to the Republicans pretending that all the old people will be executed.

Won't matter though, if they're executed they can't vote. :muahaha:

As for the under thirty crowd...I would jump at the chance to pay only $2,000 a year for health coverage.

So you would pay 2000 dollars for a benefit you don't use? I tell you what I have a beautiful house on South Beach you can stay at whenever you want for only 2000 dollars a year. Of course the only stipulation to our agreement is that you don't actually stay there. I take cash, check or money order, thank you.:eusa_whistle:

Exactly, when those in control on the Right keep lying about the Elderly being killed, eventually some start to believe that crap.

Of course they do. I live in an outlying town in a small state where there are a lot of seniors who have lived here all their lives. I think I'm the only one (and I don't consider myself 'old' yet) who even owns a computer within at least a 10-mile radius. When ALL they hear on television is all the negative influences of a new health care reform bill and how it will affect Medicare, those last 3 words are what sticks.

However, I will tell you this. The Elderly do not like being lied to. They do not like being scared unnecessarily. Eventually, this will turn around and bite the fear mongerers.

Of course all of those quote, unquote old people don't understand anything. They only have more life experience with politicians than any other voter group in this country.

Of course all of those quote, unquote old people don't understand anything. They only have more life experience with politicians than any other voter group in this country.

Their biggest problem is they still rely on talk radio to get their information for the most part. Polls show that this group generally does not do their homework via the Internet.

Their biggest problem is they still rely on talk radio to get their information for the most part. Polls show that this group generally does not do their homework via the Internet.

Troll, do you think that the internet is the only viable source for information on these issues? It is a viable source to get misinformation.

Painting the elderly as "scared white old men" is the way to usher in involuntary euthanasia, you know. And also a way to discredit them so Obama can push this through.

Huh? The only thing most folks were "scared" of was another four years of reinvented Republicanism.

Cool, propaganda works! The article I read about this credits it to the Republicans pretending that all the old people will be executed.

As for the under thirty crowd...I would jump at the chance to pay only $2,000 a year for health coverage.

So you would pay 2000 dollars for a benefit you don't use? I tell you what I have a beautiful house on South Beach you can stay at whenever you want for only 2000 dollars a year. Of course the only stipulation to our agreement is that you don't actually stay there. I take cash, check or money order, thank you.:eusa_whistle:

Your logic is so flawed it's laughable. Insurance is purchased HOPING you won't need to use it. I've had car insurance for 40+ years and never once made a claim. I don't complain about the premiums necessary for that kind of peace of mind.

Who are the fear mongers? I believe by far the biggest one is Obama himself.

During Obama's Feb. 18 address on the mortgage crisis, he said that we were in a crisis 24 times, Frequently describing in apocalyptic terms that the crisis would drag down the entire economy.

During Obama's first national press conference he talked about us being in a crisis 12 times and noted that it was an "unprecedented crisis" -- something sure to instill confidence.

-- In his first radio address to the nation on Jan. 24, Obama claimed, "We begin this year and this Administration in the midst of an unprecedented crisis that calls for unprecedented action."

-- It is even harder to make sense of Lawrence Summers' recent statement, because of these grossly exaggerated claims he made on stage with Obama in November -- saying again"we've had an unprecedented crisis."

-- On Nov. 16, Obama said: "We've got an unprecedented crisis, or at least something that we have not seen since the Great Depression."

In each of the three presidential debates last September and October, Obama claimed that we were in the "worst financial crisis since the Great Depression." It was a constant theme of his campaign and he has made it again and again since the election.

jobs.bmp

President Barack Obama has turned fearmongering into an art form. This fearmongering may be good politics, but it is bad history and bad economics. It is bad history because our current economic woes don't come close to those of the 1930s. Mr. Obama's analogies to the Great Depression are not only historically inaccurate, they're also dangerous.

At worst, a comparison to the 1981-82 recession might be appropriate. Consider the job losses that Mr. Obama always cites. In the last year, the U.S. economy shed 3.4 million jobs. That's a grim statistic for sure, but represents just 2.2% of the labor force. From November 1981 to October 1982, 2.4 million jobs were lost -- fewer in number than today, but the labor force was smaller. So 1981-82 job losses totaled 2.2% of the labor force, the same as now.

Job losses in the Great Depression were of an entirely different magnitude. In 1930, the economy shed 4.8% of the labor force. In 1931, 6.5%. And then in 1932, another 7.1%. Jobs were being lost at double or triple the rate of 2008-09 or 1981-82 (see chart above).

Who are the fear mongers? I believe by far the biggest one is Obama himself.

During Obama's Feb. 18 address on the mortgage crisis, he said that we were in a crisis 24 times, Frequently describing in apocalyptic terms that the crisis would drag down the entire economy.

During Obama's first national press conference he talked about us being in a crisis 12 times and noted that it was an "unprecedented crisis" -- something sure to instill confidence.

-- In his first radio address to the nation on Jan. 24, Obama claimed, "We begin this year and this Administration in the midst of an unprecedented crisis that calls for unprecedented action."

-- It is even harder to make sense of Lawrence Summers' recent statement, because of these grossly exaggerated claims he made on stage with Obama in November -- saying again"we've had an unprecedented crisis."

-- On Nov. 16, Obama said: "We've got an unprecedented crisis, or at least something that we have not seen since the Great Depression."

In each of the three presidential debates last September and October, Obama claimed that we were in the "worst financial crisis since the Great Depression." It was a constant theme of his campaign and he has made it again and again since the election.

jobs.bmp

President Barack Obama has turned fearmongering into an art form. This fearmongering may be good politics, but it is bad history and bad economics. It is bad history because our current economic woes don't come close to those of the 1930s. Mr. Obama's analogies to the Great Depression are not only historically inaccurate, they're also dangerous.

At worst, a comparison to the 1981-82 recession might be appropriate. Consider the job losses that Mr. Obama always cites. In the last year, the U.S. economy shed 3.4 million jobs. That's a grim statistic for sure, but represents just 2.2% of the labor force. From November 1981 to October 1982, 2.4 million jobs were lost -- fewer in number than today, but the labor force was smaller. So 1981-82 job losses totaled 2.2% of the labor force, the same as now.

Job losses in the Great Depression were of an entirely different magnitude. In 1930, the economy shed 4.8% of the labor force. In 1931, 6.5%. And then in 1932, another 7.1%. Jobs were being lost at double or triple the rate of 2008-09 or 1981-82 (see chart above).

You forgot Rahm Emanuel's "You don't want a crisis go to waste."

Your logic is so flawed it's laughable. Insurance is purchased HOPING you won't need to use it. I've had car insurance for 40+ years and never once made a claim. I don't complain about the premiums necessary for that kind of peace of mind.
Fail....what if you didn't want the car insurance and were forced to pay premiums that only had limited coverage? Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you were forced to carry insurance even though the coverage sucked? You knew for a fact if you were in an accident you would have to wait months if not a year to get your car fixed. What kind of peace of mind would that really be? After all you watched your neighbors(Canada) wait several months for simple repairs(MRI's and CAT scans)?

Last edited:

the way you've shown how little you really know here, thats quite hypocritical of you

the way you've shown how little you really know here, thats quite hypocritical of you

I know, It's as if these leftists think that reliable information comes from the internet and Mass media instead of Talk Radio. Morons. ~BH

Fail....what if you didn't want the car insurance and were forced to pay premiums that only had limited coverage? Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you were forced to carry insurance even though the coverage sucked? You knew for a fact if you were in an accident you would have to wait months if not a year to get your car fixed. What kind of peace of mind would that really be? After all you watched your neighbors(Canada) wait several months for simple repairs(MRI's and CAT scans)?

Er, that's my point. People like Lone Star say they've never had health insurance and will refuse to get any, ever. C'est la vie. His choice. Nobody's gonna arrest him, but he's in trouble if he ever needs expensive care other than putting bandaids on something. Same thing with car insurance. You can go without, but if you drive and you're stopped, you'll be fined, and if you wreck your car you're fucked.

Er, that's my point. People like Lone Star say they've never had health insurance and will refuse to get any, ever. C'est la vie. His choice. Nobody's gonna arrest him, but he's in trouble if he ever needs expensive care other than putting bandaids on something. Same thing with car insurance. You can go without, but if you drive and you're stopped, you'll be fined, and if you wreck your car you're fucked.

Um...no it's not even close. It depends on which state you are in and stopped if you are going to be fined without car insurance, NH doesn't require liability insurance. Anyway, no someone who doesn't want insurance shouldn't be required to purchase it. Sure he's in trouble if he ever needs expensive care, as he is if he's in an accident and his car is totaled after a year or two of payments being made on a new car if he doesn't have gap insurance. Does the government require gap insurance? No
Should they? No, its his own choice.

Hey, a new tactic, insult seniors some more, say they are dumb asses who only listen to the radio.

I guess the 'astroturf' paid rabblerouser motif didn't work for you.

Forum List

Back