Elderly Turn Against Obamacare

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
New Rasmussen polling indicates a five point drop in support for Obamacare, with the elderly in particular saying no way on the president's plans to expand the government's role in all aspects of health coverage. For those over 65, 56% are opposed to Obamacare and only39% support it.

The group most in favor of Obamacare is the one least impacted - younger voters under the age of 30 - with 67% indicating support of Obamacare. This number will likely fall though when more of them realize that under Obama's plan, they will be required to pay out over $2000 a year in health insurance premiums before a government subsidy would kick in - for a plan this age group will likely use very little if at all.

By then, the old folks won't be the only ones Obama and his Democrats will be calling an angry mob...

angry-old-woman.png

Cool, propaganda works! The article I read about this credits it to the Republicans pretending that all the old people will be executed.

Won't matter though, if they're executed they can't vote. :muahaha:

As for the under thirty crowd...I would jump at the chance to pay only $2,000 a year for health coverage.

i wonder if the media is proud of themselves and people like palin...scaring the elderly and the handicap...way to go....

:clap2::clap2:

fucking bunch of assholes will do anything to stop any type of reform...reform that is needed...the devil is always in the details but the flat out lying is amazing...

Cool, propaganda works! The article I read about this credits it to the Republicans pretending that all the old people will be executed.

As for the under thirty crowd...I would jump at the chance to pay only $2,000 a year for health coverage.

Exactly, when those in control on the Right keep lying about the Elderly being killed, eventually some start to believe that crap.

New Gallop poll shows majority sympathize with the health care town hall protestors - and Independents sympathize by a margine of 2 to 1. Even a vast majority of Democrats polled indicated the protests were 'Democracy in action".

New poll highlights health care attitudes - USATODAY.com

They will sympathize until they go to a town hall meeting themselves and get shouted down also. Then they will realize.

Exactly, when those in control on the Right keep lying about the Elderly being killed, eventually some start to believe that crap.

Not some - the majority are "believing it".

But then again, you appear to indicate these old folks are not simply old - but stupid?

Sorry, but they are rightfully concerned, and are sharing that concern directly to their elected representatives.

Good on them!

Apparently some people are unable to recognize politics in action. One side ALWAYS tries to stop the other side. Politics is not for people--it's for politicians. Thinking only one side engages in these tactics is sheer ignorance.

Not some - the majority are "believing it".

Really? The Majority? :lol:

But then again, you appear to indicate these old folks are not simply old - but stupid?[/qutoe]

So you think the majority of the elderly are stupid, eh?

Sorry, but they are rightfully concerned, and are sharing that concern directly to their elected representatives.

Good on them!

Of course they are rightfully concerned...too bad too many are lying to them and to the rest of us. I have faith, however, that they will understand the lying part soon enough. My elderly parents have already.

Of course they do. I live in an outlying town in a small state where there are a lot of seniors who have lived here all their lives. I think I'm the only one (and I don't consider myself 'old' yet) who even owns a computer within at least a 10-mile radius. When ALL they hear on television is all the negative influences of a new health care reform bill and how it will affect Medicare, those last 3 words are what sticks.

i wonder if the media is proud of themselves and people like palin...scaring the elderly and the handicap...way to go....

:clap2::clap2:

fucking bunch of assholes will do anything to stop any type of reform...reform that is needed...the devil is always in the details but the flat out lying is amazing...

I agree with you Bones. The problem I see is that the bill is well over a 1000 pages of convoluted wording, where it seems that nobody really understands it. Especially the people who are trying to sell it. When a bunch of lawyers set down and write it out, this is what we end up with. A lot of people I know think the government is doing this on purpose to confuse the everyday Americans.
It really does leave the door open for all kinds of interpretation of the Bills wording.
I always believe in the old adage of "Keep it simple stupid."

well it's good that there is time to hash all of this out and get the truth before all of us....if seniors are being misinformed then there is time to get the truth out, if they are not being misinformed, then there is time to correct it.

Well, when I see a bunch of people shouting, "Keep government out of my Medicare", I have to make some assumptions about their mental abilities.

Now that I am on Medicare, and getting Social Security, still working also, I have looked at many provisions of the bill. Overall, it is a start. Much more needs done, ultimately ending up with a UHC system. Still, it is better than the way the present system is headed.

Well, when I see a bunch of people shouting, "Keep government out of my Medicare", I have to make some assumptions about their mental abilities.

Are you serious? "Keep GOVERNMENT of my MediCare"? How stupid are these people? Do they think MediCare comes from Santa Claus?

Of course they do. I live in an outlying town in a small state where there are a lot of seniors who have lived here all their lives. I think I'm the only one (and I don't consider myself 'old' yet) who even owns a computer within at least a 10-mile radius. When ALL they hear on television is all the negative influences of a new health care reform bill and how it will affect Medicare, those last 3 words are what sticks.

However, I will tell you this. The Elderly do not like being lied to. They do not like being scared unnecessarily. Eventually, this will turn around and bite the fear mongerers.

Eventually, this will turn around and bite the fear mongerers.

Glenn Beck already started backing off this afternoon. I believe the violence caused by these redneck protestors is already back firing and now Beck is looking for a way out. Priceless!

New Gallop poll shows majority sympathize with the health care town hall protestors - and Independents sympathize by a margine of 2 to 1. Even a vast majority of Democrats polled indicated the protests were 'Democracy in action".

New poll highlights health care attitudes - USATODAY.com

I'd recommend the k00ks start doing some housekeeping in their toiletry area's. Put away the razor blades first............then the drugs. Or vise-versa.

As they should turn against it. The government Is talking "End Of Life CHOICES".

Remember folks? Conservatives/Republicans were accused of FORCING the elderly of the choice of Healthcare, or eating DOGFOOD...

We see now the Statist DemocRAT intentions.

We see who the real enemy of the elderly is. It isn't Conservatives.

And they are speaking out.

Which proposal currently being reviewed in Congress contains said "End of Life Choices"?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back