Elderly Turn Against Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    New Rasmussen polling indicates a five point drop in support for Obamacare, with the elderly in particular saying no way on the president's plans to expand the government's role in all aspects of health coverage. For those over 65, 56% are opposed to Obamacare and only39% support it.

The group most in favor of Obamacare is the one least impacted - younger voters under the age of 30 - with 67% indicating support of Obamacare. This number will likely fall though when more of them realize that under Obama's plan, they will be required to pay out over $2000 a year in health insurance premiums before a government subsidy would kick in - for a plan this age group will likely use very little if at all.

By then, the old folks won't be the only ones Obama and his Democrats will be calling an angry mob...

[​IMG]

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,829
    Cool, propaganda works! The article I read about this credits it to the Republicans pretending that all the old people will be executed.

Won't matter though, if they're executed they can't vote. :muahaha:

As for the under thirty crowd...I would jump at the chance to pay only $2,000 a year for health coverage.

3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    New Gallop poll shows majority sympathize with the health care town hall protestors - and Independents sympathize by a margine of 2 to 1. Even a vast majority of Democrats polled indicated the protests were 'Democracy in action".

New poll highlights health care attitudes - USATODAY.com

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i wonder if the media is proud of themselves and people like palin...scaring the elderly and the handicap...way to go....

:clap2::clap2:

fucking bunch of assholes will do anything to stop any type of reform...reform that is needed...the devil is always in the details but the flat out lying is amazing...

5. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,672
    Exactly, when those in control on the Right keep lying about the Elderly being killed, eventually some start to believe that crap.

6. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,672
    They will sympathize until they go to a town hall meeting themselves and get shouted down also. Then they will realize.

7. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Not some - the majority are "believing it".

But then again, you appear to indicate these old folks are not simply old - but stupid?

Sorry, but they are rightfully concerned, and are sharing that concern directly to their elected representatives.

Good on them!

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Apparently some people are unable to recognize politics in action. One side ALWAYS tries to stop the other side. Politics is not for people--it's for politicians. Thinking only one side engages in these tactics is sheer ignorance.

9. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,672
    Really? The Majority? :lol:

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Of course they do. I live in an outlying town in a small state where there are a lot of seniors who have lived here all their lives. I think I'm the only one (and I don't consider myself 'old' yet) who even owns a computer within at least a 10-mile radius. When ALL they hear on television is all the negative influences of a new health care reform bill and how it will affect Medicare, those last 3 words are what sticks.