Egypt- Morsi grants himself 'far-reaching' powers

Who ever that honestly believes islam is a religion of peace is a idiot. Seriously, all islam does is silence people and control. It is shit. It stands in the way of human expression and freedom. Only a fucking braindead idiot could practice this shit ass religion from hell.

If you're a muslim and want to insort your sick religion on my land. Don't expect to do so without a fight.

Last edited:
"Far reaching" yea, when you grant yourself dictatorial powers, I'd say thats far reaching :lol:

The judiciary is the only gov. mechanism left he hasn't neutered and here we are, he in has effect by decree, absenting himself from their reach.

He neutered the military over the last several months by sacking the old guard in the command structure and installing his own, I posted then that that was the first and most dangerous step for him, as they were the only ones with the power to stop the MB if they had to be stopped, from doing exactly what Morsi is doing now.

Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers

CAIRO — Egypt's president on Thursday issued constitutional amendments that placed him above judicial oversight and ordered the retrial of Hosni Mubarak for the killing of protesters in last year's uprising.

Mohammed Morsi also decreed immunity for the Islamist-dominated panel drafting a new constitution from any possible court decisions to dissolve it, a threat that had been hanging over the controversial assembly.

The Egyptian leader also decreed that all decisions he has made since taking office in June and until a new constitution is adopted and a new parliament is elected — which is not expected before next spring — are not subject to appeal in court or by any other authority. He also barred any court from dissolving the Islamist-led upper house of parliament, a largely toothless body that has also faced court cases.

more at-
Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

exit question; if this holds- who was the US and the ME better off with, Mubarak or Morsi?

I am informed that Isreal and the USA are (were?) okay with Morsi because he swore that the relationship between Israel and Egypt won't change.

As to what that means given the fact that the Egyptians are now burning down Moslem Brotherhood offices all over Egypt in protest over Morsi usurption of powers remains to be seen.

But please NOTE that the the people are now attacking the MOSLEM BROTHERHOOD because they are pissed.

Democracy is a secular man made invention.

People in the West see it as the ultimate political system for all mankind.

Muslims see it as just a temporary step towards installing a Caliphate to rule them. :cool:

No, only for those that wish to experience freedom and pursue their version of happiness.

The brain dead West hailed the so called Arab Spring as a step towards democracy.

But the arab people viewed it as a way to get rid of the western puppet dictators.

And reinstate an Islamic government based on sharia law. :cool:

Mubarak never was a western puppet, clean out your head gear.

subterfuge practiced by the MB/Fundamentalists is somehow 'more better' than that practiced by others? got it...:rolleyes:

and yes we did, in that you are correct, we have only ourselves to blame for the sppt. we gave -

At a press conference announcing his political campaign, conducted under the slogan Egypt’s Renaissance, Morsy asserted his position as the presidential candidate for Islamic parties and currents. He also said that his platform aims to change the political system into a parliamentary one, where the president of the country has limited privileges. He also said he will give up the presidency of the FJP if elected and will uphold the Brotherhood’s famous motto, “Islam is the Solution.”

Egypt Today: Egypt?s New President: Mohamed Morsi

Morsi is either backpedaling or he is plain old full of crap. Now this measure is "temporary". "The presidency reiterates the temporary nature of the said measures, which are not meant to concentrate powers, but on the contrary to devolve it to democratically elected parliament and to avoid any attempt to undermine or abort two democratically elected bodies (the upper house of parliament and the Constituent Assembly), as well as preserving the impartiality of the judiciary and to void politicising it,” the statement read."
Powers temporary, says Morsi; calls for dialogue

Bottom line there was no need to usurp the judiciary in the first place if Morsi truly wanted a democracy.

they always say that, hey gang, its only till I get everything set up so no one can challenge me THEN, we'll have democracy. :lol:

"Far reaching" yea, when you grant yourself dictatorial powers, I'd say thats far reaching :lol:

The judiciary is the only gov. mechanism left he hasn't neutered and here we are, he in has effect by decree, absenting himself from their reach.

He neutered the military over the last several months by sacking the old guard in the command structure and installing his own, I posted then that that was the first and most dangerous step for him, as they were the only ones with the power to stop the MB if they had to be stopped, from doing exactly what Morsi is doing now.

Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers

CAIRO — Egypt's president on Thursday issued constitutional amendments that placed him above judicial oversight and ordered the retrial of Hosni Mubarak for the killing of protesters in last year's uprising.

Mohammed Morsi also decreed immunity for the Islamist-dominated panel drafting a new constitution from any possible court decisions to dissolve it, a threat that had been hanging over the controversial assembly.

The Egyptian leader also decreed that all decisions he has made since taking office in June and until a new constitution is adopted and a new parliament is elected — which is not expected before next spring — are not subject to appeal in court or by any other authority. He also barred any court from dissolving the Islamist-led upper house of parliament, a largely toothless body that has also faced court cases.

more at-
Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

exit question; if this holds- who was the US and the ME better off with, Mubarak or Morsi?

"But there's no chance of The Muslim Brotherhood ever taking power in Egypt" - Every Lib On This Board

Another I told you so moment.

But ignore it.........it'll go away.

Democracy is a secular man made invention.

People in the West see it as the ultimate political system for all mankind.

Muslims see it as just a temporary step towards installing a Caliphate to rule them. :cool:

That is true, the mistakes we made way back in Vietnam, letting Diem get assassinated is the same we made in Iraq, I said, first as farce then as tragedy, we are in full tragedy mode now.

hey if they want a caliphate again, they can just erase all those lines drawn as boundaries in those stuffy British/French drawing rooms full of cigar smoke and snifters of brandy, Iraq was a joke etc....:lol:

Mubarak never was a western puppet, clean out your head gear.

subterfuge practiced by the MB/Fundamentalists is somehow 'more better' than that practiced by others? got it...:rolleyes:

and yes we did, in that you are correct, we have only ourselves to blame for the sppt. we gave -

At a press conference announcing his political campaign, conducted under the slogan Egypt’s Renaissance, Morsy asserted his position as the presidential candidate for Islamic parties and currents. He also said that his platform aims to change the political system into a parliamentary one, where the president of the country has limited privileges. He also said he will give up the presidency of the FJP if elected and will uphold the Brotherhood’s famous motto, “Islam is the Solution.”

Egypt Today: Egypt?s New President: Mohamed Morsi

Morsi is either backpedaling or he is plain old full of crap. Now this measure is "temporary". "The presidency reiterates the temporary nature of the said measures, which are not meant to concentrate powers, but on the contrary to devolve it to democratically elected parliament and to avoid any attempt to undermine or abort two democratically elected bodies (the upper house of parliament and the Constituent Assembly), as well as preserving the impartiality of the judiciary and to void politicising it,” the statement read."
Powers temporary, says Morsi; calls for dialogue

Bottom line there was no need to usurp the judiciary in the first place if Morsi truly wanted a democracy.

they always say that, hey gang, its only till I get everything set up so no one can challenge me THEN, we'll have democracy. :lol:

I agree, however, Morsi "has succeeded in uniting everyone against him and what's making people even more suspicious is the exclusionist attitude of the Muslim Brotherhood, they only care about themselves," said Ahmed Maher, head of the April 6 Movement, which played an instrumental role in the 2011 uprising, referring to Mr. Morsi and the dominant party in his Islamist coalition."

History may repeat itself, "Mr. Morsi's move has reinvigorated youth leaders and activists, who used social media like Twitter and Facebook to fuel the anti-Mubarak movement in 2011. But the same questions that applied then remain: whether they can formulate a unified vision and strategy beyond their disillusionment with the status quo."
Morsi Tries to Calm Egypt After His Edict - WSJ.com

Morsi made a mistake by trying to move too fast towards the goal of making Egypt an Islamic country ran by sharia law.

He just needs to slow down a little and let people adjust to the idea. :cool:

I want to remind this board about how often we were told that the ARAB SPRING was nothing more than the resurgence of the ARAB BROTHERHOOD.

Meanwhile, Morsi, whose support comes from the ARAB BROTHERHOOD,is finding that the PEOPLE of Egypt are now burning DOWN the HEADQUARTERS of Arab Brothehood offices all over Egypt!

So my question for you right wing Arab-hating guys who assumed that every Egyptian is a Moselm extremist?

Do you guys EVER get tired of being 100% WRONG?

:lol:

I want to remind this board about how often we were told that the ARAB SPRING was nothing more than the resurgence of the ARAB BROTHERHOOD.

Meanwhile, Morsi, whose support comes from the ARAB BROTHERHOOD,is finding that the PEOPLE of Egypt are now burning DOWN the HEADQUARTERS of Arab Brothehood offices all over Egypt!

So my question for you right wing Arab-hating guys who assumed that every Egyptian is a Moselm extremist?

Do you guys EVER get tired of being 100% WRONG?

:lol:

thats like saying obama got less votes this election, than last time, so he lost. :rolleyes:

this isn't horseshoe or hand grenades, close don't count. What the final result is, is what counts. ;)

Morsi is just like the old boss, only dressed a little differently. He has polarized his country and placed his economy, albeit anemic, a precarious position. This is not what a true, forthright leader of a country would do and he is has set a time bomb to go off. The military has stood by without interfering so far, but, that cannot last.

"Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi overreached last week when he asserted near-dictatorial power under a "temporary" decree that placed his actions beyond judicial review. The move galvanized his political opponents, dismayed some of his supporters and jolted the Egyptian stock market — and on Monday, Morsi wisely retreated somewhat.

Although Morsi said the decree would remain in effect only until the adoption of a new constitution and the election of a new lower house of parliament, its imperious language was reminiscent of the claims not only of Hosni Mubarak, the autocratic Egyptian president overthrown last year, but of tyrants the world over. The opposition figure and former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei, accused Morsi of becoming a "new pharaoh," protests erupted across the country, judges threatened to go on strike, and even Morsi's own justice minister raised questioned about the decree."
An untidy power compromise in Egypt - latimes.com

600.jpg

Morsi is only doing what is best for Egypt and it's people. :cool:

The people elected Morsi because he wanted to have a democracy. He lied.

Morsi said, "Egypt now is a real civil state. It is not theocratic, it is not military. It is democratic, free, constitutional, lawful and modern." His actions would be laughable if they were not so sad.

Forum List

Back