Egypt- Morsi grants himself 'far-reaching' powers

Pres. Morsi is leading Egypt back to sharia law.

The people voted him into office knowing this was his goal for their nation.

It's true democracy in action. :thup:
I can't imagine what the difference is between Hitler, Gottwald (democratically elected communist party leader in the Czechoslovakia in 1949) and your beloved Mursi. If democracy at work means unchecked power for the elected, then democracy is only a means of ceasing and securing power.

I can't imagine what the difference is between Hitler, Gottwald (democratically elected communist party leader in the Czechoslovakia in 1949) and your beloved Mursi. If democracy at work means unchecked power for the elected, then democracy is only a means of ceasing and securing power.

Islam is all about creating a state that forces people into submission. This is what we have to understand within the civilized world.

We either figure this out or people like sunni man will be rioting through our streets demanding for more of this shit. One day europe might belong to these people. :( Wake the fuck up.

It is true that the Egyptians voted for shariah law when the voted for Morsi. They just didn't vote for a dictator. That was rather short sighted because middle eastern nations have always had a dictator. Likely these countries would not be able to function without a dictator.

It is true that the Egyptians voted for shariah law when the voted for Morsi. They just didn't vote for a dictator. That was rather short sighted because middle eastern nations have always had a dictator. Likely these countries would not be able to function without a dictator.

They voted for this as they know that they're not intelligent enough to run their own fucking lives. They need a dictator to show them what to do. Fucking inferior within my eyes. I don't believe there's any problem with believing what's true. Don't expect respect when you're a parasite.

Too many people expect it without earning it.

Last edited:
They voted for this as they know that they're not intelligent enough to run their own fucking lives. They need a dictator to show them what to do. Fucking inferior within my eyes. I don't believe there's any problem with believing such of what is true.
LOL, and you call other people unintelligent........yet you can barely write a coherent sentence in you own language. :lol:

The difference is that the dictator Mubarak was installed into office as a puppet by the West.

Whereas, Morsi was legitimately elected by the Egyption people. :cool:

Hummmm:eusa_Think:

-He wasn't installed by anyone but himself, the Egyptian Constitution of 1953, and the Egyptian military. Mubarak was Sadats Vice Pres. he succeeded him after Sadats assassination in 1981.

And who assassinated Sadat?

The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Gamaa al-Islamiyya, hello, and that grp. btw went on to perform wonderful public services enhancing the reputation of Islamic Fundamentalists everywhere by butchering 62 German tourists at Luxor in 19997, and whose leader then and name we know now - Ayman al-Zawahiri....:rolleyes:

Your legitimate elected leader has now Hamasized the Egyptian Presidency, its his way or the highway, and pigs will sprout wings before you see another election that isn't exactly like 4 of 5 Mubarak was 'elected' by, ( in 2005 after pressure from Bush he allowed a competitive election and garnered 88% of the vote, which imho was pretty much of a sham anyway).

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

"Far reaching" yea, when you grant yourself dictatorial powers, I'd say thats far reaching :lol:

The judiciary is the only gov. mechanism left he hasn't neutered and here we are, he in has effect by decree, absenting himself from their reach.

He neutered the military over the last several months by sacking the old guard in the command structure and installing his own, I posted then that that was the first and most dangerous step for him, as they were the only ones with the power to stop the MB if they had to be stopped, from doing exactly what Morsi is doing now.

Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers

CAIRO — Egypt's president on Thursday issued constitutional amendments that placed him above judicial oversight and ordered the retrial of Hosni Mubarak for the killing of protesters in last year's uprising.

Mohammed Morsi also decreed immunity for the Islamist-dominated panel drafting a new constitution from any possible court decisions to dissolve it, a threat that had been hanging over the controversial assembly.

The Egyptian leader also decreed that all decisions he has made since taking office in June and until a new constitution is adopted and a new parliament is elected — which is not expected before next spring — are not subject to appeal in court or by any other authority. He also barred any court from dissolving the Islamist-led upper house of parliament, a largely toothless body that has also faced court cases.

more at-
Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

exit question; if this holds- who was the US and the ME better off with, Mubarak or Morsi?

Right now, he is the more powerful than Mubarek, but we can relax, because the only reason he wants to be a total dictator is to save Democracy and the Revolution.

Sounds a bit like Castro there, doesn't it?

Mursi has had no intention of preserving democracy. His intentions are clear. He has used the first crisis, which is ot even domestic, to rule by decree. It makes a shame of anything thought to be positive of the "Arab Spring".

The brain dead West hailed the so called Arab Spring as a step towards democracy.

But the arab people viewed it as a way to get rid of the western puppet dictators.

And reinstate an Islamic government based on sharia law. :cool:

You are correct. Democracy voted him in.
I am unsure why people would vote for a person that intended on ending their right to vote to remove/replace him.
I guess that's why the Pharaohs didn't have a democracy, it made it easier for them.

The brain dead West hailed the so called Arab Spring as a step towards democracy.

But the arab people viewed it as a way to get rid of the western puppet dictators.

I'm not so sure I'd call the west brain dead, but yeah, the Arab people got what they voted for.
I hope they like it.

I could not agree more with the brain-dead governments of the west, although I do understand the initial hopes.

The Muslim mind and Islamic doctrine do not allow for democracy. Islam and democracy are mutually incompatible. It is unfortunate that the "progressive" element of society refuses to recognize this.

I'm not so sure I'd call the west brain dead, but yeah, the Arab people got what they voted for.
I hope they like it.

They will be happy with it, regardless of costs. They want an Islamic World and are willing to pay the price for it.

The West needs to decide whether or not to fight.

Mubarak never was a western puppet, clean out your head gear.

subterfuge practiced by the MB/Fundamentalists is somehow 'more better' than that practiced by others? got it...:rolleyes:

and yes we did, in that you are correct, we have only ourselves to blame for the sppt. we gave -

At a press conference announcing his political campaign, conducted under the slogan Egypt’s Renaissance, Morsy asserted his position as the presidential candidate for Islamic parties and currents. He also said that his platform aims to change the political system into a parliamentary one, where the president of the country has limited privileges. He also said he will give up the presidency of the FJP if elected and will uphold the Brotherhood’s famous motto, “Islam is the Solution.”

Egypt Today: Egypt?s New President: Mohamed Morsi

Mubarak never was a western puppet, clean out your head gear.

subterfuge practiced by the MB/Fundamentalists is somehow 'more better' than that practiced by others? got it...:rolleyes:

and yes we did, in that you are correct, we have only ourselves to blame for the sppt. we gave -

At a press conference announcing his political campaign, conducted under the slogan Egypt’s Renaissance, Morsy asserted his position as the presidential candidate for Islamic parties and currents. He also said that his platform aims to change the political system into a parliamentary one, where the president of the country has limited privileges. He also said he will give up the presidency of the FJP if elected and will uphold the Brotherhood’s famous motto, “Islam is the Solution.”

Egypt Today: Egypt?s New President: Mohamed Morsi

Morsi is either backpedaling or he is plain old full of crap. Now this measure is "temporary". "The presidency reiterates the temporary nature of the said measures, which are not meant to concentrate powers, but on the contrary to devolve it to democratically elected parliament and to avoid any attempt to undermine or abort two democratically elected bodies (the upper house of parliament and the Constituent Assembly), as well as preserving the impartiality of the judiciary and to void politicising it,” the statement read."
Powers temporary, says Morsi; calls for dialogue

Bottom line there was no need to usurp the judiciary in the first place if Morsi truly wanted a democracy.

Democracy is a secular man made invention.

People in the West see it as the ultimate political system for all mankind.

Muslims see it as just a temporary step towards installing a Caliphate to rule them. :cool:

Forum List

Back