Eggs - Its what is NOT for breakfast anymore

mmm .. good time to invent, "Soylent Eggs" .. I'm thinkin.. ;)
Soylent-green-Eggs-and-ham-Its-people-meme-8408

OP is correct, there is always bird flu issues somewhere....In the past that has always been sort of baked-in to the cost of eggs.

But yeah, it's been a very bad year for the bird flu, being a tick greater than the previous worst year, but you did not see the price of eggs go up so high in other bad outbreaks....Why you might ask?

Because it has a lot more to do with higher feed/fuel costs, supply chain/labor issues, and worst of all inflation.

Most of those ills can be laid at the feet of dem policy but it's not like they will assume any responsibly.....They don't do the R-Word.

OP is correct, there is always bird flu issues somewhere....In the past that has always been sort of baked-in to the cost of eggs.

But yeah, it's been a very bad year for the bird flu, being a tick greater than the previous worst year, but you did not see the price of eggs go up so high in other bad outbreaks....Why you might ask?

Because it has a lot more to do with higher feed/fuel costs, supply chain/labor issues, and worst of all inflation.

Most of those ills can be laid at the feet of dem policy but it's not like they will assume any responsibly.....They don't do the R-Word.
Depending on which group of birds the flu hits, pullets do not lay eggs and are shipped for processing, laying hens are caged and kept until death which increases the chances of avian flu.

God is more powerful than Lucifer so he does all the bad things.

That is pretty much the point I was making with the way the whole communist = famine thing works...
...it's like they do everything through a mirror, it appears to them as though it is being done correctly but in fact it is exactly backwards and then the blame game kicks in....this time in biblical proportions

That is pretty much the point I was making with the way the whole communist = famine thing works...
...it's like they do everything through a mirror, it appears to them as though it is being done correctly but in fact it is exactly backwards and then the blame game kicks in....this time in biblical proportions
Considering that the communists have been inexistence since the agriculture revolution I doubt you get very far with yer protesting.

Chicken producers factor in problems like bird flu to their budgets and livestock. Farmers have had to deal with bird flu before and it wont be the last time either........and in any case, this has NEVER caused the price of eggs to go up!!

Eggs went from .99 cents to $5.00 - $7.00 per dozen where I'm at. IN ONE YEARS TIME!

Place BLAME where it belongs! On the greedmongering Democrats trying to destroy this country EVERY way they possibly can!!

Eggs used to be a staple because they were a cheap food source. Now, the stores can't sell them because nobody can afford them!!
I blame Bird Flu

Biden should have paid to vaccinate all of our Chickens so that we would not have to pay so much for eggs..

But then, Republicans would not eat the eggs because they come from vaccinated Chickens

I blame Bird Flu

Biden should have paid to vaccinate all of our Chickens so that we would not have to pay so much for eggs..

But then, Republicans would not eat the eggs because they come from vaccinated Chickens
Don’t be stupid. Then all the baby chicks would be dying en masse from blood clots.

I think the media is getting a little hyperbolic about the price of eggs.

Yes, 0.99 to 3.00 a dozen is a steep increase, percentage wise. And, yes, I realize the added costs are cumulative with the increased costs of everything else.

But eggs are still one of the most affordable foods out there. Can anyone honestly say two more bucks a dozen is causing them hardship?

I eat way more eggs than the average person, like a dozen a day often, and I can’t say it’s affected my budget much.

It’s stuff like meat that’s really affecting our pocket books. Eggs, not so much.

Yea, sure.
They were going for 36 cents per dozen at Kroger. OK, part of that was due to Walmart's price war against Kroger on food staples like eggs, milk, flour, rice, bread etc...

Apparently Walmart thought they could force Kroger out of business. But it didn't work. I don't think that the Walmart management here understands that their stores are just plain dirty, stinky and gross.

So that price war could account for part low price of eggs. But it's more than that or bird flu. Those factors alone cannot account for a 1000% increase in the price of eggs. For example, the trucks that ship eggs to the grocery store need diesel fuel, which is nearly $5/gallon. Just a few years ago it was less than $3/gallon.

This is why the Democratic party's massive inflation is a bad thing for most Americans, capisce?

Forum List

Back