Educrats Have Murdered the Nation

I don't understand how anyone thinks teachers can indoctrinate a student.

It's hard enough to keep them awake and stop texting much less teach them.

Do you really think kids will do what you want?

They are more likely to do the exact opposite :confused:

Evidence abounds that that is not the case.

1. A local radio host, Jeffrey Lichtman, told the story of his twin 8-year-olds, who demanded that he vote for Obama 'cause Romney would take their toys away.

2. • The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible.
o “The University's Part in Political Life” (13 March 1909) in PWW (The Papers of Woodrow Wilson) 19:99.

3. "IMAGINE you have a 10- or 11-year-old child, just entering a public middle school. How would you feel if, as part of a class ostensibly about the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, he and his classmates were given “risk cards” that graphically named a variety of solitary and mutual sex acts? Or if, in another lesson, he was encouraged to disregard what you told him about sex, and to rely instead on teachers and health clinic staff members?

That prospect would horrify most parents. But such lessons are part of a middle-school curriculum that Dennis M. Walcott, the New York City schools chancellor, has recommended for his system’s newly mandated sex-education classes. There is a parental “opt out,” but it is very limited, covering classes on contraception and birth control."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/19/opinion/does-sex-ed-undermine-parental-rights.html?_r=1

4. "Back in 2009, one 8 year old boy in Massachusetts was sent home from school and was forced to undergo a psychological evaluation because he drew a picture of Jesus on the cross."http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/28-signs-that-u-s-public-schools-are-rapidly-being-turned-into-indoctrination-centers-and-prison-camps

PoliChic murdered another OP is more like it :lol: See what happens when you leave the Ayn Rand/Malkin kool aid uncorked? :alcoholic:

never taught school have you?

Squeezy, this is not about teachers....it specified Educrats. They are the political apparatchiks who design a curriculum opposed to the values and attitudes of the Founders.

How about I put it this way:
If the folks who design automobiles altered the traditional internal combustion engine, and replaced same with...oh, say....battery operated electric engines....and that design exploded a year or two 'down the road,' pun intended.....

...why should the well-deserved contumely be aimed at local auto mechanics?
The mechanics wouldn't take the criticism personally- nor should they.

But the designers should face every penalty and liability possible.
True?

Well....Educrats have not only poisoned several generations of American children as far as beliefs and understanding of what America is, but destroyed what arguably was the finest system in the world.

Not the teachers.
The Educational technocrats who replaced content-rich curricula with political dogma.

This is why I have never argued against teachers' unions: they are not to blame.

So....whether or not I've ever taught has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

PoliChic murdered another OP is more like it :lol: See what happens when you leave the Ayn Rand/Malkin kool aid uncorked? :alcoholic:

How Ironic!
You’ve been been attempting, over and over, to find a clever way to say 'I hate you," yet your brain lacks surplus capacity!

So instead, you bring no critique, rebuttal, counter with respect to the OP....and, the result is that you reveal what a dullard you are.
I was gonna say 'how sad'....but that would be a fib.

I know you're in a hurry to rush off to the dumpster for dinner, so don' t let me keep you.
Ta ta!

Have you?

If you insist on knowing, I just returned from a home school co-op where I volunteer to teach 'Personal Finance.' It is at a church, and moms teach a number of classes.

That sounds great. A lot of good adult and continuing education courses are offered through faith organizations - by good people for good reasons. I wasn't questioning you though, I was asking Sleazeberry.

Have you?

If you insist on knowing, I just returned from a home school co-op where I volunteer to teach 'Personal Finance.' It is at a church, and moms teach a number of classes.

That sounds great. A lot of good adult and continuing education courses are offered through faith organizations - by good people for good reasons. I wasn't questioning you though, I was asking Sleazeberry.

Ooops!
Misunderstood.

To make clear, these are home schooled kids in the classes.

Why do Democrats praise the pay-for-performance model in Obamacare, but not in education. We should only pay schools & teachers as their students earn. If the student fails, the teacher fails to get paid. Then we would not have huge student debts. Just stop paying schools/college who's students don't earn. They will suddenly mold that student into a producer instead of a moocher.

Why do Democrats praise the pay-for-performance model in Obamacare, but not in education. We should only pay schools & teachers as their students earn. If the student fails, the teacher fails to get paid. Then we would not have huge student debts. Just stop paying schools/college who's students don't earn. They will suddenly mold that student into a producer instead of a moocher.

Don't you think that, like anyone else, teachers want to be praised for doing a good job?

1. How about we put education back- kids know when they are being taught meaningful material, and remove the disruptors...both the students and the Educrats...and watch the difference.

2. The “Massachusetts miracle,” in which Bay State students’ soaring test scores broke records, was the direct consequence of the state legislature’s passage of the 1993 Education Reform Act, which established knowledge-based standards for all grades and a rigorous testing system linked to the new standards. And those standards, Massachusetts reformers have acknowledged, are Hirsch’s legacy.

2a. In the new millennium, Massachusetts students have surged upward on the biennial National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—“the nation’s report card,” as education scholars call it. On the 2005 NAEP tests, Massachusetts ranked first in the nation in fourth- and eighth-grade reading and fourth- and eighth-grade math. It then repeated the feat in 2007. No state had ever scored first in both grades and both subjects in a single year—let alone for two consecutive test cycles. On another reliable test, the Trends in International Math and Science Studies, the state’s fourth-graders last year ranked second globally in science and third in math, while the eighth-graders tied for first in science and placed sixth in math. (States can volunteer, as Massachusetts did, to have their students compared with national averages.) The United States as a whole finished tenth.
E. D. Hirsch’s Curriculum for Democracy by Sol Stern, City Journal Autumn 2009

Squeezy, this is not about teachers....it specified Educrats. They are the political apparatchiks who design a curriculum opposed to the values and attitudes of the Founders.

How about I put it this way:
If the folks who design automobiles altered the traditional internal combustion engine, and replaced same with...oh, say....battery operated electric engines....and that design exploded a year or two 'down the road,' pun intended.....

...why should the well-deserved contumely be aimed at local auto mechanics?
The mechanics wouldn't take the criticism personally- nor should they.

But the designers should face every penalty and liability possible.
True?

Well....Educrats have not only poisoned several generations of American children as far as beliefs and understanding of what America is, but destroyed what arguably was the finest system in the world.

Not the teachers.
The Educational technocrats who replaced content-rich curricula with political dogma.

This is why I have never argued against teachers' unions: they are not to blame.

So....whether or not I've ever taught has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

if you mean those that tell teaxchers what and how they should be teaching without having ever done it themselves,
i agree.

Many on USMB that are clueless

teacher: today we will learn _____________

student: fuck you

Teaching American beliefs, values as well this sort of thing was lost:
"...We were taught to work jolly hard. We were taught to prove yourself (sic). We were taught self-reliance. We were taught to live within our income. You were taught that cleanliness is next to godliness. You were taught always to give a hand to your neighbour. You were taught tremendous pride in your country.. All of these things are Victorian values. They are also perennial values.” Margaret Thatcher's views in the Evening Standard of April 15, 1983.

Substituted was the progressive utopianism of the Soviet-leaning Vice-President Henry Wallace. No wonder sentient Liberals such as Arthur Schlesinger, jr. launched vigorous attacks on multiculturalism in his book “The Disuniting of America: Reflections on a Multicultural Society.”

Are you assuming that just because YOU were a hopelessly unteachable little punk bitch every student in the country is?

Are you assuming that just because YOU were a hopelessly unteachable little punk bitch every student in the country is?

I have a MEd you stupid fool

Forum List

Back