Do Schools Kill Creativity?

Creativity is inherently unequal so it is to be crushed out of our society wherever it rears it's ugly head.

Didn't watch the video, but I would like to offer that schools exist for the purpose of ensuring employment for a carefully selected work force. Employment for life with a pension. Criteria includes who you know, not what you know. Your social circles, which church you attend, and most importantly to whom you are related.

Of course schools cannot tolerate too much creativity. To go up the down staircase may be a spark of creativity but too much of it leads to problems. The military doesn't accept much creativity, nor do most jobs, Part of the schools job is to teach adherance to rules, not creativity. A martian anthropologist, for example, viewing a street scene in New York City noted that one of our Gods are lights on poles. A certain red signal from a God and people stop walking in one direction, and a green God means the opposite. Perhaps the creativiity is to be found in the homework excuses or in the notes so called parents write to excuse an absence. Besides I don't think creativity can be taught, only allowed.

Creativity springs from independent thought. Independent thought begets independence.
Independence results in confrontation and backlash.

Confrontation and backlash equals disdain for authority.

Disdain for authority threatens the jobs of teachers.

Schools exist for the sole purpose of protecting the jobs of teachers.

Kill creativity and protect the status quo. Ensure the safety net of your friends and family and your fellow worshippers- the one's you hired based on these qualities alone.

Don't kid yourselves. Education is about the retention of hires, not the development and nurturing of creativity in our children.

Yes Schools do impair creativity.

It is why that virtually all of our school educated finiancial/economic experts did not see the crash coming and still do not know how to fix things.
The world changes faster than the education system.

Do Schools Kill Creativity?

Only for the right wing who believe they are a waste of money and much too liberal. Besides, education is for snobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creativity creats success. Success creates wealth. That is why creativity must be crushed. All should strive for mediocrity.

Creativity creats success. Success creates wealth. That is why creativity must be crushed. All should strive for mediocrity.

Yeah well creativity in the finaincial world sure screwed the pooch for us.

Isn't creativity the opposite of conservatism?
Creativity sounds kinda progressive to me.

I've never endorsed the control of children as being "education".

Our schools are about the control of children and the protection of union jobs.

Union jobs filled with friends and family.

Wake up stupid fucks.

Something amiss in the government monopoly on affordable education?

Color me shocked...

Forum List

Back