Education? The End of Civilization.

All I'm saying is that we should teach kids useful information. Not classes they will NEVER use. Show me proof they use classes like that and I'll show you a government official who doesn't lie.

I guess Shakespeare is out of the question, huh.

Lucky you....most colleges are just trade schools.

If that is the purpose, why call it 'higher education'?

Allow kids to take the class IF they want to but don't force them. If they really like it, fine, if not, then take something else. I love Military History, but I won't force it on anyone else though.

Finding a cure for cancer is more important to me then Socrates.

Allow kids to take the class IF they want to but don't force them. If they really like it, fine, if not, then take something else. I love Military History, but I won't force it on anyone else though.

Finding a cure for cancer is more important to me then Socrates.

Great idea!!

Oh...one thing.....don't go with Worthington Foul-fellow the fox with his his cat friend Gideon to Pleasure Island.

You do not make any sense. This is why people can't learn anything in college today. Lets make them take useless trash and not more of the stuff that will help them in their MAJOR.

You do not make any sense. This is why people can't learn anything in college today. Lets make them take useless trash and not more of the stuff that will help them in their MAJOR.

"This is why people can't learn anything in college today."

See that....I knew we'd get something marginally intelligent out of you!

"Lets make them take useless trash..."

I knew it couldn't last.

Some people, students included, have to go beyond what we know and think about the things we don't know. And for those people, students included, we have not yet found a cure.

I make more sense then you do ;). Again, you still haven't convince me.

"Again, you still haven't convince me."

1. What makes you believe you're smart enough to absorb information, and incorporate same into your outlook?
No indication of that is evident to this point.

2. That would be '...convinced me....'

I'd suggest you remain in school.

Well, from what I have seen on this board from some claiming higher education in political science, it should be a requirement that these people have to pass a two year long courses in Physics, Geology, Chemistry, or Biology in order to get a degree. Then maybe we would not have such damned ignorant statements about these sciences from these people.

Well, from what I have seen on this board from some claiming higher education in political science, it should be a requirement that these people have to pass a two year long courses in Physics, Geology, Chemistry, or Biology in order to get a degree. Then maybe we would not have such damned ignorant statements about these sciences from these people.

Sometimes it surprises me how short-sighted you are.
The real problem is a lack of moral and values education....

1. …men who belonged to violent Islamist groups active over the past few decades (some in jail, some not). Had those groups reflected the working-age populations of their countries, engineers would have made up about 3.5 percent of the membership. Instead, nearly 20 percent of the militants had engineering degrees. When Gambetta and Hertog looked at only the militants whose education was known for certain to have gone beyond high school, close to half (44 percent) had trained in engineering.
Today's Highly Educated Terrorists | The National Interest Blog

2. Pol Pot, was the leader of the Cambodian communist movement known as the Khmer Rouge[3] and was Prime Minister of Democratic Kampuchea from 1976–1979. Pol Pot's leadership, in which he attempted to "cleanse" the country, resulted in the deaths of an estimated 1.7–2.5 million people…. he qualified for a scholarship that allowed for technical study in France. He studied radio electronics at the EFR in Paris from 1949 to 1953 Pol Pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. . Bashar al-Assad is the President of the Syrian Arab Republic, Regional Secretary of the Ba'ath Party, and the son of former President Hafez al-Assad. Al-Assad is a controversial figure both in Syria and Internationally… for his disregard for human rights, economic lapses, sponsorship of terrorism, and corruption. Bashar studied ophthalmology at Damascus University 1988 and arrived in London in 1992 to continue his studies. Bashar al-Assad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. . Ernesto "Che" Guevara "the man was a mass killer. Hundreds were reportedly executed on his watch" Why Do people love a mass murder like Che? // Current
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna (1928-1967) was an Argentine physician... Biography of Ernesto "Che" Guevara - Che Guevara Profile

5. Al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri received his master's degree in surgery from Cairo University.... Ayman al Zawahiri Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

So....what did you say your major is.....???

It is one of the great errors of our time to relate the terms 'education' with 'universities.' They no longer educate.
They turn out cookie-cutter formed Liberals, and provide one of the pieces of paper that prospective employers require.
That's all.
Not at all ... : ) If you are enought smart you don't need to have a piece of paper that is required.
For example. You want to learn something like a programming C++. You learn about it and practicing untill it be perfect. Then you can go to any employers and give to them once question. Try mine qualifications. Give me something to do and I'll show u how's it going. It won't be so long time to decide employer if you are enought good.
Regards,
Raphael.

It is one of the great errors of our time to relate the terms 'education' with 'universities.' They no longer educate.
They turn out cookie-cutter formed Liberals, and provide one of the pieces of paper that prospective employers require.
That's all.
Not at all ... : ) If you are enought smart you don't need to have a piece of paper that is required.
For example. You want to learn something like a programming C++. You learn about it and practicing untill it be perfect. Then you can go to any employers and give to them once question. Try mine qualifications. Give me something to do and I'll show u how's it going. It won't be so long time to decide employer if you are enought good.
Regards,
Raphael.

I believe that somewhere in the thread I've stated that that piece of paper is pro forma for employers....akin to wearing a suit and tie to the interview.

There was a time when yours was an attitude that was prevalent....and we can name a number of successful folks who did as you suggest......but that is a very small number.

One reason is that individualism is no longer endorsed by the elites, who push the idea that one needs government to succeed....and we should all offer obeisance to government.

1. "Joe Biden: “No Chance” Jill And Michelle Would Have Succeeded In Life Without Government Help…"
Joe Biden: ?No Chance? Jill And Michelle Would Have Succeeded In Life Without Government Help? | Weasel Zippers

2. "You Didn’t Build That” is a quote uttered by President Barack Obama during his campaign speech in Roanoke, Virginia on July 13th, 2012. While it was intended to emphasize the role of government in fostering the growth of American businesses,..."
You Didn't Build That | Know Your Meme

Educating everyone to be a scientist, computer programmer or a business WONK insures us that civilization is pretty much over.

I make more sense then you do ;). Again, you still haven't convince me.

"Again, you still haven't convince me."

1. What makes you believe you're smart enough to absorb information, and incorporate same into your outlook?
No indication of that is evident to this point.

2. That would be '...convinced me....'

I'd suggest you remain in school.

Considering I already have an Associates in General Studies and an Certificate in Human Resource Management and going for an Bachelor's right now in Criminal Justice, I think I am more then qualify to to bitch about college requirements then anyone.

Forum List

Back