Economy

I can't do economics 101 for you but, a strong dollar lowers gas prices and keeps more money in your pocket. Isn't that what you want? Also, a lower deficit means less interest payments on the debt going to China. Doesn't that warm your patriotic heart?

I mean, why not help your country? Why be so narrow mindedly selfish?

USA, USA, USA!!!

Why? Because you people are so programmed to left and right you can;t see the writing on the wall. How about we trim the fat off our government? How about we force them to pass legislation one for one instead of being allowed to hide pork in it? How about we see just what kind of perks and excessive pay we can trim off our elected officials?

Makes WAY more sense than robbing people blind. Why is the wconomy in a tailspin? because people live at or above their means and have since the 70s at least and when you jack the price of everything up you raise the line for people who can't pay their bills. More banks are going to default because of it.

You're spo busy pointing a finger, you aren't looking for real solutions. You're accepting what your candidate offers.

Both candidates suck and neither offers shit.

That logic is not correct. Because two people made the same promise does not mean they will produce the same result.

Please. I don't see anything different about our government now than I did then. Obama will trot out his tax plan and by the time Congress and all their varied speical interests get done hiking a leg on it, th eburden will once again fall on the middle class.

Call me cynical, but I don't expect much from the idiots in Washington.

If we have a smaller debt, then the value of the dollar goes up, so it help both.

Sometimes. But if we have a smaller debt interest rates could fall further, making the dollar even weaker.

We've got 9 tril of debt now, and 30 year t-bonds are barely over 4%. Still think we should cut the deficit with tax increases and spending cuts, but we can't say for sure what'll happen to the dollar, global trading volumes have gotten so high, its value is challenging all kinds of propeller head theories on what its exchange rate should be.

Why? Because you people are so programmed to left and right you can;t see the writing on the wall. How about we trim the fat off our government? How about we force them to pass legislation one for one instead of being allowed to hide pork in it? How about we see just what kind of perks and excessive pay we can trim off our elected officials?

Makes WAY more sense than robbing people blind. Why is the wconomy in a tailspin? because people live at or above their means and have since the 70s at least and when you jack the price of everything up you raise the line for people who can't pay their bills. More banks are going to default because of it.

You're spo busy pointing a finger, you aren't looking for real solutions. You're accepting what your candidate offers.

Both candidates suck and neither offers shit.

Because I understand that the government redistributing wealth is the basis to not only our prosperity, but the world's. What you want in less government spending means massive poverty, widespread suffering and political extremism as a result. It will make things worse. Much worse

I'd rather work at investing for a better world than simply kicking the props out from under it.

Please. I don't see anything different about our government now than I did then. Obama will trot out his tax plan and by the time Congress and all their varied speical interests get done hiking a leg on it, th eburden will once again fall on the middle class.

Call me cynical, but I don't expect much from the idiots in Washington.

I aggree that DC probably won't get much done, but I think that the Democrats will want to rub some legislation in the GOP's face for revenge for the past 8 years and the clinton impeachment thing

Cool. Take the money from that fat tick of a government and leave mine alone.

That is what I want to do, personally do in there and cut all those benifits and pensions off government workers, but congress will not approve something that will hurt themselves.

Because I understand that the government redistributing wealth is the basis to not only our prosperity, but the world's. What you want in less government spending means massive poverty, widespread suffering and political extremism as a result. It will make things worse. Much worse

I'd rather work at investing for a better world than simply kicking the props out from under it.

The government redistributing wealth means taking from those who earn it and giving it to those who don't; which, robs anyone of any ambition to excel. What's the point if the moron next door gets the exact same for doing half as much?

You didn't read what I posted in the context it was meant. You are referring to government social programs while I am referring to the government itself. And sorry, but there's a LOT of fraud, waste and abuse in those social programs that could be trimmed out or minimized at least.

I was also referring to Congressional salaries AND perks that easily equal their salaries. They don't mind us tightening our belts so I want some leadership by example.

And ther eis NO reason to not cut pork legislation completely out.

However, I am not trying to save the poor, nor the world. I don't mind providing necessities for those who cannot do for themselves in THIS nation, but the rest can get off their asses and get jobs.

That is what I want to do, personally do in there and cut all those benifits and pensions off government workers, but congress will not approve something that will hurt themselves.

Let's not forget how Al Gore wanted to whack the payroll in the 90s with reinventing gov't. Bush has been a bureaucrat's dream, he's hired them by the truckloads.

pretty good sign the GOP has lost its way when I'm actually saying something nice about Al Gore

Let's not forget how Al Gore wanted to whack the payroll in the 90s with reinventing gov't. Bush has been a bureaucrat's dream, he's hired them by the truckloads.

pretty good sign the GOP has lost its way when I'm actually saying something nice about Al Gore

You probably deserve punishment for it.

I agree the GOP no longer represents conservative idealism. They're as into that fat, bloated tick government as Democrats are.

The government redistributing wealth means taking from those who earn it and giving it to those who don't; which, robs anyone of any ambition to excel. What's the point if the moron next door gets the exact same for doing half as much?

You didn't read what I posted in the context it was meant. You are referring to government social programs while I am referring to the government itself. And sorry, but there's a LOT of fraud, waste and abuse in those social programs that could be trimmed out or minimized at least.

I was also referring to Congressional salaries AND perks that easily equal their salaries. They don't mind us tightening our belts so I want some leadership by example.

And ther eis NO reason to not cut pork legislation completely out.

However, I am not trying to save the poor, nor the world. I don't mind providing necessities for those who cannot do for themselves in THIS nation, but the rest can get off their asses and get jobs.

I am in favor for the redistribution of wealth for the same reason. It takes from those who don't earn it, CEO's that get everything from stocks, etc, and gives it to the middle class. Obama does not plan to take it from the hard workers, that is what I like about him.

You probably deserve punishment for it.

I agree the GOP no longer represents conservative idealism. They're as into that fat, bloated tick government as Democrats are.

The last Democrat in office actually reduced the size of government.

I am in favor for the redistribution of wealth for the same reason. It takes from those who don't earn it, CEO's that get everything from stocks, etc, and gives it to the middle class. Obama does not plan to take it from the hard workers, that is what I like about him.

That's it in a nutshell.

Obama represents the middle class.

McCain represents the wealthy.

Clinton didn't plan to either. Way it worked out though.

And what you are talking about is theft. Call it what it is. You're taking from someone without their permisison something they have earned. In any other facet in lif in this country you go to jail for theft for doing that.

Clinton didn't plan to either. Way it worked out though.

And what you are talking about is theft. Call it what it is. You're taking from someone without their permisison something they have earned. In any other facet in lif in this country you go to jail for theft for doing that.

I am sorry, but I have heard this many times and I will give you the same answer. Your arguement was a very good one at the birth of the nation. However, according to the 16th ammendment of our constitution, the government IS allowed to steal from the people in payment for services. Look at it this way, McCain's plan steals from the middle class and gives to the rich, which do you want?

Forum List

Back